Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Post your claim number!

Cruizin

Haha, everyone is going to be like you remember 2020 and we'll be like yeah Yamaha really fucked that up.  

• Haha 2

Clarification on my part. I received this email only on my email address that I didn't use for claim number. The email I used that got a reservation number and used by dealer to submit to get a claim number has not gotten this email.

• Haha 1

Claim number: 736481

I didn't get another email from Yamaha saying the pre order was over........

14 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

Clarification on my part. I received this email only on my email address that I didn't use for claim number. The email I used that got a reservation number and used by dealer to submit to get a claim number has not gotten this email.

Ah! Now I know who you are! 

1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

Ah! Now I know who you are! 

It's my FB handle too 😜

image.png.2c97b6dced19d15e7ef5434c77c8b922.png

• Like 1

Well, I never got an e-mailed claim number...did get the reservation number, rode to the dealer who called his Yamaha factory rep, and I spoke to him....gave him the authorization number, my email, address, and phone number.  He said all was good, but I did not receive an emailed claim number.  Who knows?  It was a stupid way to TRY to buy a new motorcycle.  I will get one when available.

389568EE-4834-48F3-93A0-7AF9A72A7F7F.jpeg

So far, mine's the 2nd highest #.

• Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

1 hour ago, whisperquiet said:

Well, I never got an e-mailed claim number...did get the reservation number, rode to the dealer who called his Yamaha factory rep, and I spoke to him....gave him the authorization number, my email, address, and phone number.  He said all was good, but I did not receive an emailed claim number.  Who knows?  It was a stupid way to TRY to buy a new motorcycle.  I will get one when available.

389568EE-4834-48F3-93A0-7AF9A72A7F7F.jpeg

Your dealer has the claim number, if the preorder went thru. Call them. 

• Like 1

Claim #s were not emailed out to buyers by Yamaha.

Edited by BADDANDY
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

39 minutes ago, BADDANDY said:

this gives me a bit of hope. 

2 hours ago, Mikey81 said:

this gives me a bit of hope. 

I e-mailed my dealer very early Saturday morning and asked for the claim number but didn't hear anything back.  I'll call them tomorrow maybe around noon and see what they say.   I've got hope too. 

• Like 2

The dealers instructions from Yamaha was to email the customer the claim number, but many did not. 😴

2 hours ago, Combo said:

The dealers instructions from Yamaha was to email the customer the claim number, but many did not. 😴

Mine didn't, but read it to me by phone.

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, BADDANDY said:

Yes........ Yamaha only send out successful Claim Numbers to the Dealers.

After having Tenere 700 first in Down Under and the EU now all of you will grab their long awaited new bikes soon. Sometimes it's hard to see that other can play around first but you are in the lucky situation to avoid some of the early adopters faults.

Cant wait to see the first pics from all of you...

giphy.gif.c0079050fa533f9ee30ee5c5661dda1a.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/o4VzgxyUP3VBe/giphy.gif

• Like 2

I placed Reservation Friday AM, Dealer placed my Claim but site crashed.  He confirmed with their District Rep that the orders were in in time.  No Claim number until I requested it from them this morning.  I did not get a call from Yamaha and did not get that email from Yamaha stating the sale was over.  Dealer is expecting bike arrival early to mid June as has been suggested.

J

• Like 1

After a TruckLoad of communication with my dealer, he assured me and provided many supporting details about how he submitted my Claim and when it went through! When I asked for a Claim number (note there were several customers waiting on him) he said "you don't need that, that's for the dealer, that's for me to track the motorcycle." 

"Your in the first wave, you should be riding by July, your done, your done, I got you."

😜

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

After a TruckLoad of communication with my dealer, he assured me and provided many supporting details about how he submitted my Claim and when it went through! When I asked for a Claim number (note there were several customers waiting on him) he said "you don't need that, that's for the dealer, that's for me to track the motorcycle." 

"Your in the first wave, you should be riding by July, your done, your done, I got you."

😜

Happy Days 👍

• Like 1