Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Post your claim number!

Cruizin

I think you guys are all reading too much into the specific claim number. I've been told repeatedly that a claim number equals a bike this round. Yamaha has been publishing and providing statements to news sources that first round deliveries are happening in June. For all we know those numbers are randomly generated anyway.

Trust me, I'm every bit as anxious as you guys to get mine home. This is evidenced by the $800 in  upgrades already on the way. Hang in there everyone. There appears to be a light at this VERY long tunnel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sbeck09 said:

I think you guys are all reading too much into the specific claim number. I've been told repeatedly that a claim number equals a bike this round. Yamaha has been publishing and providing statements to news sources that first round deliveries are happening in June. For all we know those numbers are randomly generated anyway.

Trust me, I'm every bit as anxious as you guys to get mine home. This is evidenced by the $800 in  upgrades already on the way. Hang in there everyone. There appears to be a light at this VERY long tunnel.

A calming voice of reason. Well said. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Iv'e always avoided the over priced accessory packs. I have a sheet showing the markup that the dealer gets from these packs, it's just about half of the price. 

Well of course. That's the business of business. The best part of business is the "haggle", Although the price is somewhat set, installation thrown in along with some extras is well worth my time in setting it up, not that I mind doing it, but (my wife sez) I have a lot of projects to get done.😅

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

A calming voice of reason. Well said. 

Glad there is clam voice amongst number (tea leaf) reading speculation.   

14 hours ago, Tom McDonough said:

So much for my priority idea.  You should have a much earlier priority number than 647.

So far, the 3 middle digits start in the 600 range.  Maybe, a claim# only means you got into the PDP . . . Period.

1CE2C9E5-99EC-441A-B7D4-C934DECE5658.jpeg

I added the info in my post but don’t believe there is much info to be found in them of any consequence. 

636330 Truth or Consequences, New Mexico

Between the gossip on here and ADVrider there's a lot of info available.  My dealer told me there were 800 bikes available, then it was posted that 150 of the bikes destined for Canada would be diverted to us.   I'm simply happy to have a claim number.

• Like 1

That was only a joke . . . Canada bikes are labeled/certified for Canada.  More than likely, the remaining 150 Canada bikes were on the same container ship as the bikes for the states.

Edited by Tom McDonough
  • Like 1

2023 Gray T7, 2019 MT-7, 2024 Transalp 750

34 minutes ago, duggram said:

636330 Truth or Consequences, New Mexico

Between the gossip on here and ADVrider there's a lot of info available.  My dealer told me there were 800 bikes available, then it was posted that 150 of the bikes destined for Canada would be diverted to us.   I'm simply happy to have a claim number.

Wait!!  We're getting bikes?!?!?

• Haha 1

Claim number 736540. Haven't heard anything yet, but it gets here when it gets here. Have alot of SW Motech stuff coming today.