Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Idaho T7 Rally in September

Cruizin

I am scheduling a rally/meetup in Boise for September. 

Close by Idaho is the IdahoBDR route. And many many other scenic riding areas. This is prime ADV country that many dream of riding. Mountains, twisties, forest service roads galore. Plenty of hotels, we can lan this ahead and maybe get a group rate if enough of you RSVP. 

If we can agree on a date, I will create a calendar event.  This will be a damn good rally. 

@PNWTEN @Idarex @Craig Sturman  Interested?  

I'm good for whatever.  If I get a bike...

• Like 1

There's 2 weekends a year when I dont ever go camping. Memorial and Labor because it's absolutely nuts. I'd say another weekend but whatever works. I'm a commercial/industrial electrician so unknown what my work schedule will be, I'm the Foreman and run my own jobs so while I have flexibility, I'm also dictated by a scheduled completion date. So plan whatever works for others and if I can make it I for sure will rally there. Thanks for putting something on. 

• Like 2

Ditto on the work thing.  I do project work.  If I don't have a project, I can make any weekend.  If I have a project, then I work.  Right now my late August early September is open.

Unfortunately I have a family reunion that weekend. 

• Supporting Vendor

Assuming the border is open by then, I'd be up for a trip to Idaho.

• Like 4

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Feck, 🙉 I don't think British Airways will allow me 🥺 on a flight with my bike 🤢, oh bugger. 🤐

• Moderators

32 hour ride seems manageable. Knock off a few Iron Butt Challenges on the way.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

On 5/22/2020 at 7:33 PM, Cruizin said:

I am scheduling a rally/meetup in Boise for September. 

Close by Idaho is the IdahoBDR route. And many many other scenic riding areas. This is prime ADV country that many dream of riding. Mountains, twisties, forest service roads galore. Plenty of hotels, we can lan this ahead and maybe get a group rate if enough of you RSVP. 

If we can agree on a date, I will create a calendar event.  This will be a damn good rally. 

@PNWTEN @Idarex @Craig Sturman  Interested?  

I think a little later in September would be good. Catch the fall colors. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stanley Steamer said:

I think a little later in September would be good. Catch the fall colors. 

True, but keep in mind a lot of Idaho riding goes over summits  at 6-10,000 feet in elevation. Some of the IBDR gets snow in late September. 

Right on man. I race mountain bikes (Am division) in the summer (this summer if f'ed with Covid) and have a race Sat the 12th (if everything lifts). But whatever works for you all, make it happen. And if your event doesnt fall on that weekend I'll for sure be there with beers from Bellingham! 

That you Mosko Moto for making the Reckless that holds so much more than just gear. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Right on man. I race mountain bikes (Am division) in the summer (this summer if f'ed with Covid) and have a race Sat the 12th (if everything lifts). But whatever works for you all, make it happen. And if your event doesnt fall on that weekend I'll for sure be there with beers from Bellingham! 

That you Mosko Moto for making the Reckless that holds so much more than just gear. 

I also need to time it when there is no Boise State football game, or every hotel will be booked up. Ill take a look at the schedule and see what Covid 19 is doing next month.   I have a feeling all of these protesters are gonna start wave 2 prematurely. Hope not, or we will all be at home.