Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Where do you get your tires USA/Canada?

Cruizin

Im looking at the Motoz Tractionator Adventure, The Motoz Tractionator Rallyz, and the Mitas E07 tires.  Add to the list the Bridgestone AX41 Adventurecross. 

I gotta narrow it down and get some ordered and delivered because Im probably gonna have the dealer spoon em on for me. 

I've got to be honest, I've always either ridden straight up street or straight up dirt bikes.  So I have basically zero experience with a true ADV or Dual Sport tire.  FWIW, I've been doing some research and I see a lot of people give compliments for the value to performance ratio on the Shinkos.  I know that Shinkos had a negative reputation in the past, but it seems they may have upped their game?  Like I said, though, I've got zero experience to speak from.  Helpful, huh? :classic_cool:

• Like 1

Rocky Mountain ATV out of Utah.  I've bought all my motoz from them.  I always got next day delivery until the lockdown.  Doh!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

Which Motoz do you prefer? Im stuck between the RallZ and the Adventure.

Having ridden neither tire, I would go for the RallZ, as it is the knobbier of the two.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

5 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Which Motoz do you prefer? Im stuck between the RallZ and the Adventure.

I've never had an ADV bike (not counting my KLX351)so I don't know.  I just took a set of half used Tractionators off a bike I sold Thursday so I could mount them on a different bike.  I've got a set of Mountain Hydrids that are going on next.  Love the Motoz.  They are heavy compared to Shinkos etc.

Tractionators/Mountain Hybrid

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

Edited by Idarex

Now Im looking at the Shinko 805 Rear 804 front tire combo. It comes out about $100 less than most other ADV tire combos and the reviews on Revzilla are mostly really really good.  Anyone else ever ride with these?

shinko804805_big_block_adventure_touring

Born from their already popular line of popular dual sport tires, Shinko has created the 804 and 805 geared specifically for the larger adventure tour…

I remember the good old days when Jake Wilson (a Rocky Mountain ATV company??) used to sell motorcycle tyres to Australia. They were less than half the price and arrived in 3 days which was ridiculously fast. They used to send up to 6 tyres for the same freight cost ($70 AU) so I'd get some mates in on it and we'd share the cost. Ahh, the good old days. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Now Im looking at the Shinko 805 Rear 804 front tire combo. It comes out about $100 less than most other ADV tire combos and the reviews on Revzilla are mostly really really good.  Anyone else ever ride with these?

Born from their already popular line of popular dual sport tires, Shinko has created the 804 and 805 geared specifically for the larger adventure tour…

I had them on my KLR and they were good in anything but mud. The back slides out constantly in muddy situations due to the inline blocks.

They work surprising well on the highway and always felt confident in the corners. Highway hum was prominent as well. They wear like iron too.

Edited by DWEL700
  • Thanks 2

I buy almost all of my tires at Rocky Mountain ATV or American Moto Tire.  I’ve run and had good results with

Kenda Big Blocks, MotoZ Mountain Hybrids, and the Rocky Mountain Tusk branded DOT dual sport tires.

• Like 1

I use both Tractionator Adventure and Rallz on my 1200GS.  I get them through a local family business ( ADVDesigns).  They recently closed their brick and mortar and do online retail now.  I can't compare prices as I always bought from them being local unless they couldn't get product in time or were out of stock.  Great guys, very knowledgeable especially about the BMW's.

I've had the Tractionator Adventure rear on with an Anekee Wild Front and now a Motoz Rallz.  

Tractionator ADV rear and Anekee Wild front:

Good combo. The ADV replaced a Heidenau K60 rear and has more grip and better drive. So far wear is good but I've only had maybe 15oo miles on it.  Anekee Wild was loud, gripped great on pavement and was good offroad.  Got a little over 6k off it riding it pretty hard in twisties with and without luggage.  My camping gear is only about 40lbs.  Anekee did have speed wobbles above 65 if you tweaked the handlebars but recovered on its own and would often track in rain grooves.  Not scary, but noticeable.  Anekee Wild/Heidenau combo did great in Death Valley on Titus Canyon, Road to Teakettle Junction, Racetrack, Lippencott and many days up in Mendocino Forest.  

Motoz Tractionator ADV and Anekee Wild was great for  Lost Coast ride in No.Cal  and Carrizo Plain but the Anekee was nearing it useful end.  Knobs noticeably cupped from heavy braking.

Tractionator ADV rear and Rallz front:

The Rallz is a little more knobby than the Anekee but mostly the design is just a different approach.  It is ROCK SOLID on pavement.  Corners well and does not have any speed wobbles.  Does not track/follow rain grooves and was easy to mount at home with no wheel weights.  I ran Ride-on in it and it's balanced fine out of the box.

So far I really like this combo.  I've only done about 20 miles of dirt on it but it handled fine or better than the Anekee Wild.  We'll see how long it lasts.  I imagine once my Tenere shows up, this set will be on the GS for at least 2 years while I'm mostly riding the T7.  The GS will be used mostly for two up trips up the coast.

I'll probably run a full set of Rallz on the T7 when I ditch the stock Pirellis.  My buddy runs the Pirellis on his Multistrada Enduro and does surprisingly well, I just like a more dirt oriented tire personally.

J

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2020 at 1:39 AM, Cruizin said:

I had a set of these on my BMW G310GS that I sold last year.  They were great tires on the road - traction everywhere even in a hard downpour thunderstorm that I got caught in.  They were good in the dirt also, but I didn't do that much offroading in the short time that I owned the little BMW.  I imagine these would be great tires on the T700. 

I've bought from a few places but usually RMATV or Revzilla. Those Shinko 804/805 tires are fantastic.. on the road and most areas they do well off-road. They are absolutely the worst tire in any mud however. I've seen guys ride through a shallow 2" deep puddle with maybe 1" of mud and literately watched the bike do a 180*! 🤣 I'll say it was one of the funniest moments I've watched but yeah.. I'll never order a set myself.