Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Foam air filter

Davidmarshall

I want to ride in dusty condition with my Ténéré, and i can't beleave Yamaha have put a paper filter onthis bike, same as the fz07, two totaly différents vocation bikes. 

I am a big fan of twin air and UNI filters, but no one have a goid off road filter for this bike 

What do you use for better protection in dust? 

Thank you 

Uni Filter available from rugged roads 👍🏻 Main and Pre-filter

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gazk7 said:

Uni Filter available from rugged roads 👍🏻 Main and Pre-filter

Thank's! 

I'll look for it! 

1 hour ago, Davidmarshall said:

I want to ride in dusty condition with my Ténéré, and i can't beleave Yamaha have put a paper filter onthis bike, same as the fz07, two totaly différents vocation bikes. 

I am a big fan of twin air and UNI filters, but no one have a goid off road filter for this bike 

What do you use for better protection in dust? 

Thank you 

I’ve ordered from Australia.

Unifilter Australia is the world's leading manufacturer of foam air filters for Automotive, Motorcycle, Performance and Industrial applications.

• Like 2

I ordered my Unifilter from Touratech in Montreal Canada.

It arrived within 5 days of ordering.

• Like 1

I've done this for hard conditions: air filter and support from a gasgas txt pro 🙂

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

Unifilter also has a pre-filter for the snorkle.  I haven't figured out how to get one.

27 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

In the USA we have no foam filter options yet. @BellissiMoto has MWR foam filters on order, but is still waiting for them to ship from overseas. 

I want one sooooo bad. I really don't want to constantly change out the paper filters because it's super dusty here. I hope they get inventory soon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Limey said:

I’ve ordered from Australia.

Unifilter Australia is the world's leading manufacturer of foam air filters for Automotive, Motorcycle, Performance and Industrial applications.

Thx!  Just ordered a filter and two pre-filters from your link.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DWEL700 said:

I ordered my Unifilter from Touratech in Montreal Canada.

It arrived within 5 days of ordering.

Just pass my order with him. 

Thank's friend! 👌

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 12:59 PM, Idarex said:

Unifilter also has a pre-filter for the snorkle.  I haven't figured out how to get one.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:35 AM, Cruizin said:

In the USA we have no foam filter options yet. @BellissiMoto has MWR foam filters on order, but is still waiting for them to ship from overseas. 

Touratech USA has them on their site, but are out of stock.  Plus they want $89.95 for it!  Crazy high price for what it is.

38 minutes ago, Craig Sturman said:

Touratech USA has them on their site, but are out of stock.  Plus they want $89.95 for it!  Crazy high price for what it is.

Order from Australia it’s close to half the price as Touratech-USA 

• Like 3

Good to see Aussie products going around the globe!

I tried a prefilter of a BMW F8oo but as was pointed out it would interrupt the air flow too much. I ended up with a T7 specific prefilter and a spare.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Just ordered my Uni's from them direct.  Waiting on shipping confirmation.  Just under $70 shipped.

Now I just need a bike to put it on...

J

Edited by Goldentaco

For what it is worth, my USA bike has, according to the owners manual, an oiled paper filter. Not too shabby.

But

I will eventually replace with a washable unit, as I ride dirty roads.

• Moderators
On 6/21/2020 at 3:12 PM, Goldentaco said:

Just ordered my Uni's from them direct.  Waiting on shipping confirmation.  Just under $70 shipped.

Now I just need a bike to put it on...

J

Got a link you can share? Uni website only offers a 2019 catalog and search feature was no help.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

9 minutes ago, CAJW said:

Got a link you can share? Uni website only offers a 2019 catalog and search feature was no help.

Ordered from the link above.  Each item comes with the internal spring.

Ordered from AUS.  Weird there's also a Uni Filter USA both sites say the products are made in the respective countries.  

Anyone know the difference between these two companies?

The Best Air Filters on Earth!

J

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

Ordered from AUS.  Weird there's also a Uni Filter USA both sites say the products are made in the respective countries.  

J

Thanks. I had seen the Uni Australia website,  but thought I had missed something on the US site. Ok, order needs to go down under.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

32 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

J

The 2 companies are totally unrelated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Got my Uni filters today from down under, one week to the day after ordering.  That's better time in transit than I'm getting from Amazon Fullfillment centers 50 miles away!

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, NvNick said:

Friends don't let friends use  notoil

Why?

Not a fan of "no toil" ?

• Like 1