Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Anyone ever run the Mitas E07 rear tire?

Cruizin

i have had six different people in the past week tell me that it's the best 50 50 tire they have ever owned. They say its great offroad, and lasts 7500 miles or more on road.  It looks like a skinny truck tire, the design intrigues me. 

Anyone  run these on any bike before?   

Stole this pic from ADV rider. 

mitas.jpg

Revzilla has the 140/18/18 in stock

mitas_e07_tires_front.jpg

With cross-ply construction and a chevron tread pattern that grips both pavement and the roughest terrain, the Mitas E-07 offers the long wear and dur…

have run this tyre on all my bikes and similar to k60 but cheaper and better mileage.

• Like 1

I've got the Mitas E-07+ Dakar 150/70-17" on my Kawasaki Versys 650.

Works great on the street and the dirt (fire roads and single track trails in SOCAL.

FYI: I've got my own tire machine and balancer at home. The '+ Dakar' was a lot of work to get mounted onto the rim, due to the super stiff sidewalls. Heard the non '+ Dakar' tire wasn't as stiff.

I've got two sets of factory rims for the V650. Road tire set (Pirelli Angel GT) and ADV tire set for going off road tire set.

Versys 650 Big Bear.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, REDHORSECA said:

I've got the Mitas E-07+ Dakar 150/70-17" on my Kawasaki Versys 650.

Works great on the street and the dirt (fire roads and single track trails in SOCAL.

FYI: I've got my own tire machine and balancer at home. The '+ Dakar' was a lot of work to get mounted onto the rim, due to the super stiff sidewalls. Heard the non '+ Dakar' tire wasn't as stiff.

I've got two sets of factory rims for the V650. Road tire set (Pirelli Angel GT) and ADV tire set for going off road tire set.

Versys 650 Big Bear.jpg

I too plan on having two sets of wheels for this bike.  Do you like the Mitas eo7+ over the regular E07?   I had the Angel GT's on my FJ-09 and loved them. They last and last and do great in wet or dry. 

Which tire machine do you have?  Im getting the Rabaconda manual tire changer. A couple of my motocross friends swear by theirs.  I like that it packs up and can fit under my bench. 

That Versys looks sweet evil all at the same time. Great job 

12 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I too plan on having two sets of wheels for this bike.  Do you like the Mitas eo7+ over the regular E07?   I had the Angel GT's on my FJ-09 and loved them. They last and last and do great in wet or dry. 

Which tire machine do you have?  Im getting the Rabaconda manual tire changer. A couple of my motocross friends swear by theirs.  I like that it packs up and can fit under my bench. 

That Versys looks sweet evil all at the same time. Great job 

E07+ is probably overkill for the Versys 650. Just wanted the extra sidewall protection from cacti thorns and the sharp rocks in the SOCAL deserts and mountains, when aired down.

No-Mar Tire changer - optioned up

• Classic HD Motorcycle Tire Changer 2019 model
  • Posi-Clamp® HD Wheel Clamping System
  • Motorcycle Wheel Balancer
  • Hitch Mount - can hook it up to my trucks trailer hitch. Mobile tire changer for my riding buddies.
  • YellowThing® Bead Keeper Tool     
  • SpoonBar® 16" Non-Marring
  • Bunch of other hand tools and supplies (valves, weights, etc..)

• Like 1

I am also planning to get a set if E07. Heard nice reviews almost from every user except the hard core riders, they obviously need knobbier ones. 

Here is a photo from E07 on Tenere from Facebook group:

FB_IMG_1593863100814.jpg

FB_IMG_1593863263891.jpg

Edited by Takata

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Cruizin said:

i have had six different people in the past week tell me that it's the best 50 50 tire they have ever owned. They say its great offroad, and lasts 7500 miles or more on road.  It looks like a skinny truck tire, the design intrigues me. 

Anyone  run these on any bike before?   

Stole this pic from ADV rider. 

mitas.jpg

Revzilla has the 140/18/18 in stock

mitas_e07_tires_front.jpg

With cross-ply construction and a chevron tread pattern that grips both pavement and the roughest terrain, the Mitas E-07 offers the long wear and dur…

Truck tire comparison is pretty close. Here's our Jeep with BFG Mud-Terrains, that have a similar tread/ lug setup. Wonder how noisy the Mitas is on pavement? Sure looks to be a good choice for loose stuff while still decent handling on pavement.

20140704_073303.jpg

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I have used them on  both the AT and S10. I have been very happy with rears, the fronts are ok. They last a long time depending on terrain  they get used on. For a more adventury front  have used a Shinko 804 on the front and E07 rear with good results. Comment are for Eo7 and not Eo7+

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Make that 7 people,  EO-7o Dakar on S-10  ... 

• Like 1

Yup, loved them before they went to the + model. + is still good but wears faster. This is running on a Super T. 14k miles and 10k miles on two rears paired with ONE front over that distance. This is the Dakar non+.

Great overall traction with the edge cases being outliers.

Playing in the mud, right before changing the front and second rear 

30414587_10216143409846854_5279714455574282240_n.jpg

• Like 1

The rear is an excellent example of a Goldylocks tyre. Long lasting good on and offroad. I have one  on my  R100GS. It's on my short list for rear replacement. My other is a MotoZ tractionator GPS, good feedback reviews from friends and online but untried by myself. 

The front is not as inspiring as the rear.

• 11 months later...

Just mounted a 150/70-18 E07+ on my T7. 1-1/2 hours to get the Pirelli off, 10 minutes to install the E07+. I'm sold. I used the E07Dakars on my vstroms in the past and was quite pleased with them. And the 150 is $100 cheaper than the 140 here. I'm even tempted to order another rear for the future but I don't see myself needing to change it until at least next year. Can't wait to ride with it! 

2107A387-A23E-4638-B625-C43152BBC8C7.jpeg

40 minutes ago, smurph said:

Just mounted a 150/70-18 E07+ on my T7. 1-1/2 hours to get the Pirelli off, 10 minutes to install the E07+. I'm sold. I used the E07Dakars on my vstroms in the past and was quite pleased with them. And the 150 is $100 cheaper than the 140 here. I'm even tempted to order another rear for the future but I don't see myself needing to change it until at least next year. Can't wait to ride with it! 

2107A387-A23E-4638-B625-C43152BBC8C7.jpeg

I think I'll try a set of these in the future.  I have read some good reviews and some of the inmates at www.albertadualsport.ca use them and have had good results.  I hope it works well when you come across a patch of mud on a gravel road for example.  Your feedback would be appreciated.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Landshark said:

I think I'll try a set of these in the future.  I have read some good reviews and some of the inmates at www.albertadualsport.ca use them and have had good results.  I hope it works well when you come across a patch of mud on a gravel road for example.  Your feedback would be appreciated.

we will see! If they're anything like my dakars (same tread pattern, just a stiffer sidewall, and harder rubber on the D's) then i'll be happy. My only riding these days are FTR roads, secondary highways and anything on the island. 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very happy with the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs on the tarmac but less so in the dirt. I do love the Mitas E-07 Dakars on my Super Ténéré. Have tried numerous other tires over the past 79,000 miles on this bike and am pretty much done experimenting. Note that I have a No-Mar tire changer and it would be impossible for me to mount/dismount these tires on the S10 tubeless rims without the mechanical leverage afforded by the tire machine. 

As for the T700, the non-Dakar E-07s are a contender assuming they less stiff side-walled than the E-07 Dakars. Whatever replacement tire I get, I need to be able to replace a tube roadside on the ground with tire irons, so curious to know if the standard Mitas E-07 is doable with that constraint? I won't be ponying up for a set of tubeless rims anytime soon.

• Like 1

I'm on my second set of E-07'+ on my T7 (5th set on my Super T), and love them. I change them on a tire changer at home but had to remove my rear twice to fit a tube (I run an Outex conversion of stock rims) after some serious rock damage up in the Rockies. Have also had to remove the front in the bush after taco'ing my front rim so it wouldn't seal. With motion pro's beadpro bead breaker and 2 additional levers, you can remove either tire. Its a bit of work, but do-able. Re-inflating it tubeless is another story though. Need shop air.

• Like 2

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• 4 weeks later...

Ran E-07's front and rear on my old 660 Tenere.  Massive improvement over the Tourances that came standard on them in the dirt.  Gave great mileage and never let me down. 

I ran a E-07 on an 800GS with a TKC80 on the front. It was a great combination. The E-07 was significantly better than the K60 that I ran before it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JRS700 said:

I ran a E-07 on an 800GS with a TKC80 on the front. It was a great combination. The E-07 was significantly better than the K60 that I ran before it.

While waiting for my T700 to arrive last year, I ADV-tised my VerSys 650.

Had the same combo on my Kawasaki E-07+ Dakar @ rear and the TKC80 up front.

rFzfHZ7.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Had this tire once, for about 1000km's. Slippery as hell on a wet tarmac. Threw it to the trash bin, it's is where this tire is at it's best.

• Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

On 10/1/2021 at 5:31 AM, Totti said:

Had this tire once, for about 1000km's. Slippery as hell on a wet tarmac. Threw it to the trash bin, it's is where this tire is at it's best.

How did it work on dirt for you?

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• 2 months later...

Just mounted a brand new set of Mitas E-07s with some Michelin heavy duty tubes. I'll be back with some comments about the tire performance.

PXL_20211124_105713425.jpg

PXL_20211124_105658964.jpg

PXL_20211124_135747425.jpg

PXL_20211118_111022343.jpg

• Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition / 2018 Husqvarna TE 250i / 2008 KTM EXC-450 R