Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Anyone ever run the Mitas E07 rear tire?

Cruizin

Does anyone have a pic of a 150/70/18 E07 rear?  

I am not referring to the E07+, I know it has the bigger more widely spaced knobs with no strip.

I am curious if the 150/70/18 has the centre strip that comes into affect as it wears down or not.  I have seen pics of many tires and some have it and some don't, so I assume it depends on the size if it's there.  Possibly the design has changed over time as well? 

I have seen the 150/70/17 used on the Super tenere without the centre strip, but I could have sworn I saw the same size with a strip as well.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, williestreet said:

Does anyone have a pic of a 150/70/18 E07 rear?  

A little worn, but you can see that there is no center strip in this one.

PXL_20220119_003915486.jpg

I think I have Yamaha disease...

53 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

A little worn, but you can see that there is no center strip in this one.

PXL_20220119_003915486.jpg

I am looking for a pic of an E07,  thats's an E07+

Obviously mis-read your post!

Here's a link to Mitas' website in case you haven't been there. I can attest that the E-07 in 150/70-18 looks exactly like this...I had one on my T7 before this tire hoping it would be better in mud than my first E-07+. It's not. Running a 908RR now. It works in mud.

Mitas E-07 ENDURO is designed as a 50/50 dual sport – trail – adventure bike tire (50% on-road & 50% off-road use).

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• 3 months later...

Here are my Mitas E-07 after 2900 km. I am very happy with the tire... it performs good on the tarmac, and very good on gravel roads. I will definitely buy this tire again! I have no complains...

Now I want to see how much this rubber will last...

PXL_20220424_124537598.MP.jpg

PXL_20220424_124556775.jpg

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition / 2018 Husqvarna TE 250i / 2008 KTM EXC-450 R

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

just picked up on this thread. Give you my experience  with the Mitas 07s. I am using the original 07 on my 600Tenere for at least 20 years. And it was an old tyre by then. But the best there was.  And I still think its the best compromise adventure tyre. On the 700 Ten I decided to try the 07+. Terrible tyre on the road to start with but give it time. At least 1k miles! It then will transform into a good tyre. It was mentioned in another forum as well. Off road it is not as good as the original 07. If still in doubt Youtube Bret Tkacs. He rates the original still as the best compromise. And he should know.

Thanks for your interest.

Rob

• 2 months later...

I am at this moment sitting in a shop in Tallinn, Estonia having a E07+ mounted, also took yhe front.

The Anakee lasted about 6000km and i have stll 2500(ish) to go.