Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Headlight adjustment

Smart Ass

So has anyone figured out how to adjust the headlight yet? Those knobs on the side don’t have any affect on the headlight position, at least from my experience.  

Turn them left as you face the adjustment knobs. It will take many turns to move them. Have the beam facing a wall about 20' away. Mark current location with a peice of painters tape on the wall.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Smart Ass said:

Does this adjust height.  Low beam is almost useless as it only lights about 10 feet in front of the bike!

Yes it does. There is no horizontal adjustment. I adjusted mine and it is fine at night now on low beam.

• 3 months later...

Start with about 20 - 25 rotationscounter clockwise as you are looking at each knob. I think I ended up at 35.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Pulling the side panels and using a 17mm socket on a cordless impact made quick work of this for me. 3 quick bursts counter-clockwise on both knobs got the results I was looking for.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS