Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Who is still has a deposit down on a T7?

JohnfromDP

My dealer called me and my two friends, our bikes are shipping on the 14th and 16th. They should take 2 weeks to arrive then an additional couple of days to uncrate and put together......Now I need to make some room in the old garage.....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JohnfromDP said:

He also said that they are getting more bikes around mid to late Nov which Im sure is happening at all the dealers...

What part of the world?

1 hour ago, JohnfromDP said:

At North County Yamaha in Escondido, California

Y'all need to quit hogging all the imports and let them work their way east. 

• Like 1

Just got an email from the dealer. My bike is coming!

Good news! Your T7 received a tentative ship date today of 10/20/2020. That is still subject to change slightly, but it should mean that Yamaha has your bike in the distribution center and is scheduling the transportation. I will keep you posted on its arrival. It does look like it is shipping directly from the Tacoma, WA center, so transit time is usually 7-10 business days, depending on the carrier.

• Like 1

My friends bike(Black)  came in yesterday, Mine and my other friends will be in next week. Ours are white and the blue bikes.  Let the farkleing begin.....

Same thing in the DC area. My dealer called me last week and had a Blue one come in, expecting 3 more in late Oct to early Nov.

My dealer just said he got an email from Yamaha that bikes are due to the US warehouse on November 5th and we could expect to see it a week or two after .

• Like 1

I ordered mine (in PA) July 30th and at that time the ETA I was given was late October. Got an email from the dealer this week saying yamaha pushed my ETA back to mid january, but he's hoping that's a generous estimate so they don't underdeliver again. My friend ordered one from the same dealer and his is coming in this month, but he ordered several weeks before I did.

1 hour ago, afhaldeman said:

I ordered mine (in PA) July 30th and at that time the ETA I was given was late October. Got an email from the dealer this week saying yamaha pushed my ETA back to mid january, but he's hoping that's a generous estimate so they don't underdeliver again. My friend ordered one from the same dealer and his is coming in this month, but he ordered several weeks before I did.

Weird

Some one mentioned the same thing a few posts back. 

Got a call from (the large) dealer today. Yamaha cancelled all their Tenere orders - no reason given. Owner called and complained they were allocated 1 bike which is mine. No idea on timing. Giving it a month or so then going Husky. Not sure why tuning fork is doing this. 

• Sad 1

Picking up a new 2020 base model Africa Twin Saturday.......sick of this BS and the fact that Yamaha dropped the ball on this bike.  😞

• Sad 1

My wife is really bummed, still no word on her bike after waiting for four months and it looks like we will be getting our first snow on Sunday.

• Like 1

The dealer that has my deposit (Nor Cal) said yesterday that "my" bike is in the warehouse outside LA port (or maybe waiting to get off the boat to the warehouse) and eta is sometime in the first 2 weeks of Nov.  Of course no guarantee on that.  Honestly its been so long i would have gone with another bike but i already got the Camel ADV  farkles

Just got this in a message today saying that my bike was delivered today, so I will have that waiting for me when I get back home, put my deposit down early Sept.

IMG_20201023_164325 (2).jpg

Decided to buy one on October 12 2020, made few phone calls to numerous dealers in my area. Atlantic City Cycle Center had one invoiced and not spoken for, put down deposit. October 22 I got a call the bike has arrived at the dealer. Today October 24 I rode her home. As of this morning they have a white/red available.   

20201024_145445.jpg

I was still undecided at the pre-order date but ended up putting a deposit down in August for the 2nd round of bikes at a local dealer. Delivery date was orginally late September, then mid to late October. Last week (October 20th), I checked with the dealer and he logged on and said it was pushed back to January. 

Naturally, I was depressed about it but then he called me yesterday (October 27th) and said "your bike just came in"!

The bike beat the paperwork, so I can't finalize the deal yet but it's there being assembled and it's mine! Next week the pile of farkles in the basement start being put on!

IMG_2672.jpeg

Edited by wncrider
  • Like 2

@wncrider

Congrats, I hope I am so lucky, we put a deposit down for my wife's T7 mid June, the arrival time keeps getting pushed back. Talked to the dealer today and said it had once again been pushed back to mid November. Originally put down a deposit of $500 each for two bikes, got mine on June 26th and just applied the whole $1000 as a deposit on my wife's, still waiting four months later. I think if ever one shows up within 250 miles of us I will pull my deposit and go get that one. Sadly had an opportunity for one in Las Vegas (167mi.) and my dealer said he should have the one we ordered within two weeks, so I said we will wait. That was a month ago, so I won't let the opportunity slip by again.

UtahJack - good luck! I figured mine was on the truck when the dealer checked and they gave him the date of his 3rd round shipment. Whatever happened, I’ll take it. Hope you get one soon.

Got called today. Mine just came in!,  with 2 more following within the next 2 weeks at my dealer.