Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Diagrams and technical specs


MGG
 Share

Recommended Posts

tracking2_thumb.ashx

How's it compare to other mid-sized adventure bikes?

tenere-frame.ashx?h=493&w=740&la=en&hash

270-degree_a.ashx?h=300&w=740&la=en&hash

2019 Yamaha Ténéré 700 Spec

 

Capacity

689cc

Bore x Stroke

80.0mm x 68.6mm

Engine layout

parallel twin 

Engine details

8v dohc, l/c

Power

72.4bhp @ 9000rpm

Torque

50.2 lb.ft @ 6500rpm

Top speed

125mph (est)

Average fuel consumption

mid/high 40mpg (est)

Tank size

16 litres

Max range to empty 

175-190 miles (est)

Rider aids

switchable ABS

Frame

steel tube 

Front suspension

43mm KYB usd forks 

Front suspension adjustment

fully adjustable

Rear suspension

KYB monoshock

Rear suspension adjustment

fully adjustable

Front brake

2 x 282mm discs, two-pot calipers, ABS 

Rear brake

245mm disc, one-pot caliper, ABS 

Front tyre

90/90-R21

Rear tyre

150/70-R18 

Rake/Trail

27°/105mm 

Wheelbase

 

Seat height

1595mm

Kerb weight (est)

875mm

Warranty

unlimited miles/2 years

Website

www.yamaha-motor.eu

 

 

EDIT: ... I decided to add all the measurements I can find to this thread, that way someone (including me) will find them useful when they run out of information.   🙂

Edited by MGG
added info at bottom of post
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice charts and video link MGG, thanks for posting.

 

It does raise a few points for me. The first thing I noticed was no scavenging of the exhaust fumes in the dyno test room, not that this affects us, just the tester.

 

Looking at the charts the first thing people will notice is the drop off in power from around 6,200 rpm compared to the MT07. Probably not an issue to many riders but those doing higher motorway speeds, maybe with lots of luggage or a pillion this may be a slight disadvantage. This got me thinking about the tyres, mainly the rear one with those knobs and how this may effect the power/torque measured. They are not going to run as smooth over the rollers, or indeed the road, as pure road tyres will. It would interest me if a re-test was done with a rear road tyre to see if this indeed did effect the power measured at all. It may well just be the pipe/air box that differs from the MT07 causing this change in power, as there is also a small increase between 2.000 and 3,000 rpm as well on the Tenere. I wonder what people with good dyno knowledge think about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I am sure everyone has the xtz690 Manual by now ... but just in case ... https://mega.nz/#!XvAikIDL!uYy0MmpX32Yw1Y6rXmaUevV6UTGGdrDPmFsGJyNzI_Q

 

I can't attach it directly 10.3MB

Maybe a multifile ZIP ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2019 at 6:28 PM, shaneygrog said:

Nice charts and video link MGG, thanks for posting.

 

It does raise a few points for me. The first thing I noticed was no scavenging of the exhaust fumes in the dyno test room, not that this affects us, just the tester.

 

Looking at the charts the first thing people will notice is the drop off in power from around 6,200 rpm compared to the MT07. Probably not an issue to many riders but those doing higher motorway speeds, maybe with lots of luggage or a pillion this may be a slight disadvantage. This got me thinking about the tyres, mainly the rear one with those knobs and how this may effect the power/torque measured. They are not going to run as smooth over the rollers, or indeed the road, as pure road tyres will. It would interest me if a re-test was done with a rear road tyre to see if this indeed did effect the power measured at all. It may well just be the pipe/air box that differs from the MT07 causing this change in power, as there is also a small increase between 2.000 and 3,000 rpm as well on the Tenere. I wonder what people with good dyno knowledge think about this.

I do not think that the dyno run is good, too many small mistakes ... and the numbers are a bit lower than I expected especially since it has different gearing than MT07 so at least torque should be higher. On top of this, the torque and hp numbers are supposed to cross at 5252 by design, and this is not the case for T7 nor the MT07 so I think that the run might be flawed. We can still compare MT07 with T7 but not looking at proper resolution graphs is creating more questions in my mind. On the up side, I still have a bit to go before I can buy one in Canada 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ODB2 tips ... in French  ... 

obd2.png

Un article expliquant comment faire le diagnostic des codes défauts sur la Yamaha ténéré 700. En utilisant un lecteur OBD2, c'est très simple!

 

 

ODB2 cable adapter for Yamaha


Yamaha ECU OBD2 Adaptor Cable Converter

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Torque Settings anyone? ... it seem that if you ask your dealer, they will provide  them to you. In the meantime, here is a copy.

Tenere_700_Tightening_Torque_01_.thumb.jpg.4ebfe7d2ce8cf28750f95e297555832e.jpgTenere_700_Tightening_Torque_02_.jpg.b8129c7dc63af553e2e8c83aa3329b0b.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

... I figured someone might need this at some point ... to build some nice mods... 

 

https://hum3d.com/3d-models/yamaha-tenere-700-2021/

Yamaha Tenere 700 2021 3d model

They sell the 3D model with lot of options ... 

 

and here is the model in 360deg ... https://hum3d.com/360-view/?id=211232

 

 

Edited by MGG
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2020 at 7:26 AM, MGG said:

... I figured someone might need this at some point ... to build some nice mods... 

 

https://hum3d.com/3d-models/yamaha-tenere-700-2021/

Yamaha Tenere 700 2021 3d model

They sell the 3D model with lot of options ... 

 

and here is the model in 360deg ... https://hum3d.com/360-view/?id=211232

 

 

man, tempting to buy this model and make a 3D printed model w/ lights for my night stand 🤣

 

Thanks for this.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I decided to add all the measurements I can find to this thread, that way someone (including me) will find them useful when they run out of information.  🙂

 

image.png.9dae86b02c747513cfbca0f3ae3914d4.png

 

Original Footpegs Footrest dimensions measurements : width=~49mm    length=~86mm

 

The other footpegs above are from http://www.samracingparts.com/home/294-250-pedane-yamaha-tenere-t7-rally.html

 

See this thread: https://www.tenere700.net/topic/730-recommend-me-some-footpegs/

 

 

 

Edited by MGG
typo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, TimmyTheHog said:

man, tempting to buy this model and make a 3D printed model w/ lights for my night stand 🤣

 

Thanks for this.

 

If your interested, I don't mind splitting the cost of the model lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 4:49 AM, MGG said:

I do not think that the dyno run is good, too many small mistakes ... and the numbers are a bit lower than I expected especially since it has different gearing than MT07 so at least torque should be higher. On top of this, the torque and hp numbers are supposed to cross at 5252 by design, and this is not the case for T7 nor the MT07 so I think that the run might be flawed. We can still compare MT07 with T7 but not looking at proper resolution graphs is creating more questions in my mind. On the up side, I still have a bit to go before I can buy one in Canada 😉

the overlapped graph seems indeed correct to me (but not the rev scale in the graph with T7 alone) .

 5252 is the number for pound foot only !  Here they seem to plot wheel hp (left Y axis) and torque in Newton meters (right Y), therefore the magic number where both lines cross is different (should be about 7120 rpm) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2020 at 6:27 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

 

If your interested, I don't mind splitting the cost of the model lol

@ScorpionT16 just saw this...right at this moment as currently in a financial bind 😛

 

but if you are interested toward end of the year, I am all for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.