Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bosley pegs

JohnfromDP

IMG_6560.thumb.jpeg.1cdc41929184bacd4927149a5b727e3d.jpegI recently bought some Stainless steel pegs from Bosley out of Czech Republic.  https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Product-Service/Bosleys-Pegs-1329344163774808/

Email contact:    max_fx@centrum.cz

I thought I would post some pics here for those of you who are looking for a lower peg option. I ordered my pegs 30mm lower, 20mm offset ,Rally size,  raw finish and normal tread and an extra thick baseplate.  I ordered 3 sets of pegs and they came out to $142 dollars U.S. shipped to my house.

I ordered mine and I received them in about a week which was fast as Im in California and Bosley's wife was sick in the hospital. 

The welds on the pegs looked good. Good penetration on the welds. They  went into the stock peg mounts without any hassle.  I used KTM springs as they were recommended by the welder , Radan. 

So far I am loving these pegs for the reduced bend in my knee and they put me in a better position when I stand on the pegs. For reference Im 6' tall with a 32" inseam. These pegs along with the taller seat by Seat Concepts has really made this a better bike for me. 

IMG_6549.thumb.jpeg.571dfc6a946619ef12f7b1c1855705fd.jpeg

Edited by JohnfromDP
correct some errors
  • Like 1

That's excellent!  Was it $142 for all 3 sets or $142 per set? I'm guessing all 3 if that was a shipped price?

That's it! I'm getting a set! 

And why the ktm spring? 

Edited by DT675

Hahaha, $ 142 for all three would be the deal of the century, They came out the $142 each pair.. The KTM spring fits snuggly around the pin and they have more downward tension. The stock spring is useless with the  pegs so you will need a different spring anyways....

Edited by JohnfromDP
fixed an error
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the post. It exactly answers most of the questions I've had about those pegs. One remaining question:

It seems like the bike has plenty adjustability to accommodate the lower pegs. Is that true?

Three sets of pegs? I don't suppose you'd sell a set?! 

11 minutes ago, Desert Mariner said:

Thanks for the post. It exactly answers most of the questions I've had about those pegs. One remaining question:

It seems like the bike has plenty adjustability to accommodate the lower pegs. Is that true?

Three sets of pegs? I don't suppose you'd sell a set?! 

Im not sure what you mean by the bike having adjustability. Flipping the mount? The new pegs end up being over an inch lower so its a good change from stock. As far as extra sets I ordered one for my friend and one for my KTM 500, They all cost the same...

Yeah, I guess I was a bit vague. Too much time grading student work tonight!

I meant to ask about the gear shift lever and the brake lever. Sometimes lower pegs make it difficult to adjust the levers low enough on some bike models without doing some modifications - like my DR650 and WR250 brake levers. It sounds like that wasn't a problem for you.

Got it about the extra sets. They weren't extra at all!

Edited by Desert Mariner

Are you sure these are titanium? He makes stainless steel ones, I have a pair of his pegs and am happy with them as well (standard size, only 10mm lowered). I could use the original spring by twisting it a bit and adjusting it to fit.

image.thumb.png.00668f59eb3b4e60bf07cd4893736d7d.png

image.thumb.png.c968a913b482f2c08c647b8b5c4ad5d3.png

Titanimum would be awesome as they would be really light weight but for that price I doubt you could get them... I paid around 90EUR for this pair delivered to EU...

Edited by Spuzvica
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Desert Mariner said:

Yeah, I guess I was a bit vague. Too much time grading student work tonight!

I meant to ask about the gear shift lever and the brake lever. Sometimes lower pegs make it difficult to adjust the levers low enough on some bike models without doing some modifications - like my DR650 and WR250 brake levers. It sounds like that wasn't a problem for you.

Got it about the extra sets. They weren't extra at all!

Yes you are correct. The brake lever is still good but the shift lever needs adjustment. Ill do that later today.  The new seating position is much more comfortable for me. I was good for an hour max before the seat and pegs. I will need to do another Sunday ride with my friends but I feel like once this foam breaks in a bit this set up will allow me to spend longer amounts of time in the saddle....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Spuzvica said:

Are you sure these are titanium? He makes stainless steel ones, I have a pair of his pegs and am happy with them as well (standard size, only 10mm lowered). I could use the original spring by twisting it a bit and adjusting it to fit.

image.thumb.png.00668f59eb3b4e60bf07cd4893736d7d.png

image.thumb.png.c968a913b482f2c08c647b8b5c4ad5d3.png

Titanimum would be awesome as they would be really light weight but for that price I doubt you could get them... I paid around 90EUR for this pair delivered to EU...

You are right and Im wrong, thanks for catching my F-up......Ill get that changed...

47 minutes ago, JohnfromDP said:

You are right and Im wrong, thanks for catching my F-up......Ill get that changed...

That's ok, I thought Bosley started making titanium pegs and for that money, I'd definitely have to get me some of those! 🙂

I quickly went through my emails with him and I didn't see him mention titanium at all.  The pegs are heavier than what titanium would be and it looked like stainless when I wire wheeled them. I still happy with the pegs though🙃

Wow must have been a sale I paid 🇨🇦160 ish Canadian delivered back in Oct and mine were stainless..  Although I paid more they are a great peg, leaves lots of real estate for my size 12 boot to move around on. Bosley is Highly recommended with a fast turnaround for custom hand made!

• 2 months later...

Another happy Bosley footpegs customer here with a purchase and install report, and a bunch of pics to share...

I recently picked up a pair of pegs for my T7 with the following specs:

• "Standard" size:  92mm long, 54mm wide.  I could have gone with the larger "Rally" size (115 x 54mm), but am happy with standard.
  • "-15mm low":  15 mm lower than standard pegs.   Other sorts of lowering and offsets are available as desired.  This is by far one of the best things about Bosley pegs - you can have them customized to your desires!
  • "Polished" finish.  I was going to go with black powder-coated pegs, but due to pandemic restrictions on travel at the time of purchase, Radan (the primary contact at Bosley) couldn't interact with his powder coating facility 20km away.  All good, I think the polished finish looks nice too.
  • Pegs cost about $140 US shipped (one pair ordered in total), including PayPal fee.  I think this price is quite reasonable for the quality of the workmanship and available customization options offered.
  • I ordered my pegs on 2021/03/14, they shipped from Czech on 2021/03/18 and were delivered at my home in the USA on 2021/03/22.  Quick!

IMG_5154.thumb.jpeg.87932384c116959b4229d6e9f067d464.jpeg

The first thing I noticed when I opened the FedEx mailer:  Radan had included an herbal tea packet taped to the box:  "tea before installation :)"  Following his instructions, I brewed and drank the tea prior to mounting the pegs.

IMG_5148.thumb.jpeg.7b2df7cb18e7a71dd92ecc84406dcfe9.jpeg

Also at Radan's recommendation, I also bought KTM 54603041000 springs for the install like JohnFromDP did above.  They're significantly stronger than the stock springs.  I think I spent about $12 total on them between the two (shipped) from an eBay seller.  My method of installing the springs was to compress the spring with some long vice grips and then hold the spring between the peg and the bike's footpeg bracket, and then work the OEM footpeg pin through the peg and the spring.  This was definitely easier with two people on hand.  Wear your eye protection in case the spring breaks free of the vice grips!

The pegs fit literally PERFECTLY onto the bike - no adjustments needed whatsoever, no nasty "play" in-between the pegs and the bracket.  I find this quite impressive after so many other aftermarket parts required trimming, bending, twisting, etc in order to get them on the bike.  Really nice work here.

IMG_5173.thumb.jpeg.835f1ee7a7cca31d526f41944a31a771.jpeg

IMG_5168.thumb.jpeg.35e77238fffff70705f90940226034ba.jpeg

The new pegs are stainless steel, and weigh in at 281g each, which is 27g heavier than the stock pegs (the stock pegs are heavier than you'd think they are - you don't know this until you pull them off the bike!).  There is no option for aluminum/alloy pegs through Bosley, all of their pegs are steel.

IMG_5161.thumb.jpeg.3339e648df6c98276783def69b7bf87f.jpegIMG_5162.thumb.jpeg.4354f7483be3b6ccdb098a5ec74e4b56.jpeg

I've only had the pegs on the bike for one day and don't have a long term view on them, but they're noticeably grippier than the stock pegs of course, and offer just a bit more surface area which is also nice.  I'm satisfied with the size I chose.  The "rally" size would be great for those that want slightly larger pegs.

Also, I like the 15mm lowering of the pegs, given that I put the Seat Concepts low 2-piece seat on the bike which lowered the seat about 7/8" / 22mm.  I know it seems minimal, but I feel a bit of a difference in the leg angle already.  I'm 5'10" / 178mm for reference.  I did not opt for a rear offset for the pegs because my boot size is not massive, but if my feet were bigger, it would have been a nice option.

IMG_5156.thumb.jpeg.2eb313975572b6e7230f33301bb5afc8.jpeg

Highly recommended so far.  I know a lot of people love Bosley pegs and I am starting to see why!

ADDING:  if you want to inquire about footpegs from Bosley, visit his Facebook page and scan the QR code, then compose an email about the pegs you want.  Radan usually gets back to you within a few days.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, GreatDistances said:

Another happy Bosley footpegs customer here with a purchase and install report, and a bunch of pics to share...

I recently picked up a pair of pegs for my T7 with the following specs:

• "Standard" size:  92mm long, 54mm wide.  I could have gone with the larger "Rally" size (115 x 54mm), but am happy with standard.
  • "-15mm low":  15 mm lower than standard pegs.   Other sorts of lowering and offsets are available as desired.  This is by far one of the best things about Bosley pegs - you can have them customized to your desires!
  • "Polished" finish.  I was going to go with black powder-coated pegs, but due to pandemic restrictions on travel at the time of purchase, Radan (the primary contact at Bosley) couldn't interact with his powder coating facility 20km away.  All good, I think the polished finish looks nice too.
  • Pegs cost about $140 US shipped (one pair ordered in total), including PayPal fee.  I think this price is quite reasonable for the quality of the workmanship and available customization options offered.
  • I ordered my pegs on 2021/03/14, they shipped from Czech on 2021/03/18 and were delivered at my home in the USA on 2021/03/22.  Quick!

IMG_5154.thumb.jpeg.87932384c116959b4229d6e9f067d464.jpeg

The first thing I noticed when I opened the FedEx mailer:  Radan had included an herbal tea packet taped to the box:  "tea before installation :)"  Following his instructions, I brewed and drank the tea prior to mounting the pegs.

IMG_5148.thumb.jpeg.7b2df7cb18e7a71dd92ecc84406dcfe9.jpeg

Also at Radan's recommendation, I also bought KTM 54603041000 springs for the install like JohnFromDP did above.  They're significantly stronger than the stock springs.  I think I spent about $12 total on them between the two (shipped) from an eBay seller.  My method of installing the springs was to compress the spring with some long vice grips and then hold the spring between the peg and the bike's footpeg bracket, and then work the OEM footpeg pin through the peg and the spring.  This was definitely easier with two people on hand.  Wear your eye protection in case the spring breaks free of the vice grips!

The pegs fit literally PERFECTLY onto the bike - no adjustments needed whatsoever, no nasty "play" in-between the pegs and the bracket.  I find this quite impressive after so many other aftermarket parts required trimming, bending, twisting, etc in order to get them on the bike.  Really nice work here.

IMG_5173.thumb.jpeg.835f1ee7a7cca31d526f41944a31a771.jpeg

IMG_5168.thumb.jpeg.35e77238fffff70705f90940226034ba.jpeg

The new pegs are stainless steel, and weigh in at 281g each, which is 27g heavier than the stock pegs (the stock pegs are heavier than you'd think they are - you don't know this until you pull them off the bike!).  There is no option for aluminum/alloy pegs through Bosley, all of their pegs are steel.

IMG_5161.thumb.jpeg.3339e648df6c98276783def69b7bf87f.jpegIMG_5162.thumb.jpeg.4354f7483be3b6ccdb098a5ec74e4b56.jpeg

I've only had the pegs on the bike for one day and don't have a long term view on them, but they're noticeably grippier than the stock pegs of course, and offer just a bit more surface area which is also nice.  I'm satisfied with the size I chose.  The "rally" size would be great for those that want slightly larger pegs.

Also, I like the 15mm lowering of the pegs, given that I put the Seat Concepts low 2-piece seat on the bike which lowered the seat about 7/8" / 22mm.  I know it seems minimal, but I feel a bit of a difference in the leg angle already.  I'm 5'10" / 178mm for reference.  I did not opt for a rear offset for the pegs because my boot size is not massive, but if my feet were bigger, it would have been a nice option.

IMG_5156.thumb.jpeg.2eb313975572b6e7230f33301bb5afc8.jpeg

Highly recommended so far.  I know a lot of people love Bosley pegs and I am starting to see why!

ADDING:  if you want to inquire about footpegs from Bosley, visit his Facebook page and scan the QR code, then compose an email about the pegs you want.  Radan usually gets back to you within a few days.

Excellent write-up! Thanks a bunch for taking the time to put that together.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• 3 weeks later...

I like this Bosley pegs, I will get a pair. I feel the bike too wide for me at the point of the knees touching the the upper side panel(1,73cm tall) 

I understand the reason of the lower pegs to get less knee angle but what is the reason of choosing the back offset pegs? 

To avoid touching the clutch case? 

Better standing position in those rear offset? 

23 hours ago, Anibal said:

I like this Bosley pegs, I will get a pair. I feel the bike too wide for me at the point of the knees touching the the upper side panel(1,73cm tall) 

I understand the reason of the lower pegs to get less knee angle but what is the reason of choosing the back offset pegs? 

To avoid touching the clutch case? 

Better standing position in those rear offset? 

You know what they say about guys with big rear offsets:  they have big feet.

• Haha 1

Fitted my Bosley pegs today.  -30/-20/8 raw

Awesome pegs, the increase in comfort is amazing.  

I have modified the footpeg bracket to get the shifter lower, but it is still a bit high.  I will need to come up with something else to get the shifter another 5-7mm lower.

Anyone else with this issue find an easy fix?  An adjustable pedal tip from Woodcraft will do the trick, but looking for homemade solutions first.  

087AE78B-E33E-4284-ADF9-C4A6CFC63B8E_1_201_a.jpeg

I’ve now sent 2 emails over the last week and a half or so. No reply 😔

21 hours ago, DT675 said:

I’ve now sent 2 emails over the last week and a half or so. No reply 😔

It took me a bit to reach him as well.

Don't worry I am sure he will get in touch shortly.  Someone mentioned he had a sick family member and I am sure this takes priority.

Pretty sure he is just doing this after his normal job.  From my discussions with him it sounds like he lines up a couple of days work and does a bunch of sets on the weekends.

Very fast shipping when done.  He did my batch on a saturday and I had them at my place in about 7 days.  Powder coating adds time so I went with a Raw set to reduce any delays. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A member had a few questions on my pegs so I will add my answers here in case others are wondering.  My pegs are -30/-20/8 Rally pegs

To lower the shifter to the proper height I needed to grind the inner side of the aluminum bracket the foot peg bolts to.   Otherwise when pushing the shifter it would hit this little protusion on the inside and not allow it to shift.  Only took 5 minutes or so, very little material removed.  I have an arrow in the pic below showing the area on the inside of the aluminum bracket that needs attention.

The linkage adjustment rod can be turned to lower the shifter, but I found it was a large adjustment and not a lot of thread was going to be left inside the heim joint ends when lowered this far.  I decided to rotate the shift arm down one spline on the shift shaft.  This would allow me to keep more thread inside the heim joint ends and made me feel a little better.  The shifter arm angle was still good close to 90 degrees so I am calling it good.

Last issue was I could still not get the shifter as low as I would like because the lower heim joint would hit the aluminum bracket when the shifter was pressed.   I set it up so I have 1-2mm of clearance between the heim joint and the bracket when the shifter is depressed fully.  

I am still 5-7mm higher than I would like so I will need to get a final solution eventually.  For now I zip tied a hose on the lower half of the shifter.  It gets me down 3mm more and works fine for now.

Rally pegs worked great for me and he has XL pegs which are even larger.  Probably like standing on floorboards.  Here are a few pics he had sent me before I ordered mine.

I don't know why when I upload pics only the 1st pic is oriented properly?  2nd pic and others always gets rotated for some reason, so sorry for the issue.  

F20072B5-1C3C-4A4C-B9B4-FD05A5934479_1_201_a.jpeg

3C3ED366-4612-4A14-8407-EE57D9092C62.jpeg

8685BBBE-D2D3-402E-A592-B505A482AE44.jpeg

003CBA30-33E6-42A8-B93F-50B65AA2D101.jpeg

10063964-4973-483B-92ED-51D90B95CDE5.jpeg

4mm vs 8mm base plate thickness.jpg

E1684B78-1F65-4BA8-8961-A93C9C877BBF.jpeg

6B773980-A9DA-4760-8539-755C60F4172D.jpeg

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 5