Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Greetings from Greece

Stefos

Hi everyone, happy to be posting here. Sold my previous bike recently (TA 600) and put down a deposit for a T7. Unfortunately no bikes are available currently and first EURO5 bikes are expected to reach dealerships in Greece hopefully end of January. Until then I am traveling in my mind...   

• Like 1

Welcome 👍.

I have a friend in the same position, doesn't take delivery of his new T7 until January but says he's already covered over 5000 miles on YouTube 😂

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Alan M said:

Welcome 👍.

I have a friend in the same position, doesn't take delivery of his new T7 until January but says he's already covered over 5000 miles on YouTube 😂

Thank you. I feel him! Me too. I will slowly start buying my basic accessories to keep my mind busy... 

Hi there and welcome. Great site which im sure you will find really helpful, love to Ride to Greece one day on me T7

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matth said:

Hi there and welcome. Great site which im sure you will find really helpful, love to Ride to Greece one day on me T7

Thank you for the warm welcome. It is really nice since we do not have any restrictions going off-road (like some countries) with very nice scenery. See a photo with my old bike on a three day tour on the mountains recently. 

DSC07039_corected.jpg

Edited by Stefos
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum from a place full of...Greece! Love your country, I plan to come back and visit when these crazy times will be over!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matth said:

Where abouts are you in the photo?

This is on Central Greece, the peak is called Kaliakouda. 

https://el.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%9A%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%B9%CE%B1%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%B4%CE%B1_(%CE%B2%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%BD%CF%8C)#/map/0

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Stefos, 

I'm also in Athens, just 31 of Dec grab the last Rally on Peristery shop.

But have to wait for government approvement for euro-4 bikes for 2021.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SergeB said:

Cheers Stefos, 

I'm also in Athens, just 31 of Dec grab the last Rally on Peristery shop.

But have to wait for government approvement for euro-4 bikes for 2021.

Hi Serge. What do you mean government approval for euro-4 bikes? As of 01/01/21 no Euro 4 bikes can be sold/imported in Europe and they all must be Euro 5. It is not country specific (if i am not mistaken). Enjoy your new bike!   

It's all about covid stuff

d77cf0b833504819d592429d39dcd08b_M.jpg?t

Λόγω της πανδημίας της Covid-19, η Ευρωπαϊκή Ένωση αποφάσισε να παρατείνει την πώληση Euro 4 μοτοσυκλετών μέχρι τα τέλη του 2021, απόφαση που χαιρετίζ...

As I understand ministery of transport should make some approvement for this in nearest days.

• Like 1

Good to know, but currently there are no Tenere 700 (Euro 4) stock. I have searched most, if not all the shops. All of them are waiting for the Euro 5 import. I hope it will be sooner, rather than later. Thanks for the info! 

Oh yes, I remember a few month ago it was a huge selection of regular and rally T7 and right before christmas is nothing!

Looking forward,  guys from ΜΟΤΟΔΙΚΤΥΟ and Nikolakopoulos told me like end of January - February, they will have the new bikes.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

F is for finally!

One more hello from Athens with new T7 Rally. Just got it on Monday and already I did 200 km. Looking forward for the ending of breaking-in period, get some protection and go offroad!

2021-01-14 14.02.13.jpg

• Like 3

Hello Stefos I am also from Greece, same situation with you. Put down the deposit and await for the euro 5 models. Lets hope they come sooner rather than later and plan our shopping lists for now 😃

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SergeB said:

F is for finally!

One more hello from Athens with new T7 Rally. Just got it on Monday and already I did 200 km. Looking forward for the ending of breaking-in period, get some protection and go offroad!

2021-01-14 14.02.13.jpg

Looks awesome enjoy! There are some rallies euro 4 still available from dealers but no regular ones

3 minutes ago, SergeB said:

the bad thing is the new prices, regular one +400 EUR and rally +100 EUR

true...👎

• Like 1

Brill so you managed to find one hiding away.

Where did you find that beauty in the end?

i bet you were elated when confirmation came, i was when i had the thumbs up

9A06CA6B-9F2F-4EBA-94F8-2B325DA4EA38.jpeg

Edited by Matth
  • Like 2

Today I had a call with Yamaha headquarters and they expect the new Euro5 T7 on February. Let's keep our fingers crossed! Regarding the increase in price it is a joke and the fact that it is lower on the more expensive model it shows it is there to get more money from the "cheap" version. Personally it pisses me off that when the model landed it costed 10.000 euros and for the same bike a year and a half later we have to pay 900 more. 

• Like 1

I know originally they did an introduction cost on the early units but not on the Rally. It was full price in the UK with no movement 

• 1 month later...