Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Greetings from Greece

Stefos

36 minutes ago, SergeB said:

Hi guys, do you have any news from dealers about delivery dates?

Delivery dates for euro 5 models has been moved to March unfortunately. More waiting...

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 3:05 PM, didier said:

Hope march it will be! Asked my dealer and it is still planner for may...

Have you paid a deposit? When did you place your order?

Yes I gave a déposit check of  500€ in december. First I placed an order around 15th od December but there was no actual order to the factory. Then mid January when preorders were opened my dealer placed actual order to the factory.  But May is the shippment deadline, it could arrive sooner (atleast I try to belive it could).

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 3:11 PM, didier said:

Yes I gave a déposit check of  500€ in december. First I placed an order around 15th od December but there was no actual order to the factory. Then mid January when preorders were opened my dealer placed actual order to the factory.  But May is the shippment deadline, it could arrive sooner (atleast I try to belive it could).

Hope your bike arrives soon my friend. 

Could anyone in Greece post a link to a Yamaha dealership in Athens or Patras? 

I’m in the process of selling my Tiger 800 in UK. It’s been a great bike and has taken me across 16 countries. 

I was hoping to export it to Greece, but thanks to Brexit that is now too expensive (VAT) 

I am based in Kefalonia and desperately want to get a T7 as a replacement for this season’s adventures. 

Are supplies of T7’s still hard to find in Greece. Any updated news on when they will be available?

Thanks in advance

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jed.M said:

Hope your bike arrives soon my friend. 

Could anyone in Greece post a link to a Yamaha dealership in Athens or Patras? 

I’m in the process of selling my Tiger 800 in UK. It’s been a great bike and has taken me across 16 countries. 

I was hoping to export it to Greece, but thanks to Brexit that is now too expensive (VAT) 

I am based in Kefalonia and desperately want to get a T7 as a replacement for this season’s adventures. 

Are supplies of T7’s still hard to find in Greece. Any updated news on when they will be available?

Thanks in advance

The official dealership can be found here (https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gr/el/contact-page/). The delay of delivery of bikes it was not for Greece only, but the whole of Europe. The delay was due to the new emission regulations (Euro 5), that brought some changes to the engine and productions. It seems now that slowly bikes are being delivered throughout Europe, so some will come to Greece soon. That said i do not know how long you will have to wait to get your if you place an order now. I have a deposit down since 4 December. 

Interesting read.. I placed my deposit for Rally version also on 15th of December but no news about the bike yet. Exciting to see if some gets their bike soon..

16 minutes ago, Wizna said:

Interesting read.. I placed my deposit for Rally version also on 15th of December but no news about the bike yet. Exciting to see if some gets their bike soon..

In Europe i have seen Euro 5 models been delivered in France, Netherlands, Germany and Italy. So it seems there is some movement...

Welcome Stefos, welcome all greek folks, welcome to all T7 brothers!

Wishing each other a nice season 2021!

Hopefully all our dreams come true! 

Regards from Austria!

btw: changed suspension rear (TT Explorer) and front (TT progressive coils/oil), cann't wait first test ride! Done only 200 meters, totally different so far...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stefos said:

The official dealership can be found here (https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gr/el/contact-page/). The delay of delivery of bikes it was not for Greece only, but the whole of Europe. The delay was due to the new emission regulations (Euro 5), that brought some changes to the engine and productions. It seems now that slowly bikes are being delivered throughout Europe, so some will come to Greece soon. That said i do not know how long you will have to wait to get your if you place an order now. I have a deposit down since 4 December. 

Thanks For the reply. 

Guys, I have about 3k km  in total with 1k offroad.

Stock tire looks not so good after riding on rocks, what tires can you recommend for our local rocky-rocky conditions?

thanks

2021-03-05 08.52.46.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was today on dealer for a service, he told me that new teneres are coming. I hope you will receive your bikes very soon!

3 hours ago, SergeB said:

I was today on dealer for a service, he told me that new teneres are coming. I hope you will receive your bikes very soon!

Hey, I’ve ordered one from a dealer in Patras. Actually we ordered two, my friend has ordered one also. The dealer said one “should” arrive April and the other May. We will see. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Hopping you get your bikes very soon, i can tell you it is worth the wait!

1 hour ago, Stefos said:

Hopping you get your bikes very soon, i can tell you it is worth the wait!

I take it you have yours then? Post some photos mate. 

I’ve been planning routes in readiness! 

I've just retuned from two days trip around gulf of Corinth. I can't find the words how to describe, North Peloponnese is amazing, roads are more beautiful than even Transfagarash in Romania!

2021-03-31 19.36.20.jpg

2021-03-31 19.36.00.jpg

2021-03-31 19.36.11.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, SergeB said:

I've just retuned from two days trip around gulf of Corinth. I can't find the words how to describe, North Peloponnese is amazing, roads are more beautiful than even Transfagarash in Romania!

2021-03-31 19.36.20.jpg

2021-03-31 19.36.00.jpg

2021-03-31 19.36.11.jpg

Wonderful my friend. I think Greece has some of the best on and off-road riding in Europe. I love all areas of the country. 

My next trip is to be across the Baros Pass to Meteora and then up to Pindos and Vikos gorge. 

Your bike looks awesome 😎 

“Πάντα όρθιος”

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jed.M said:

Wonderful my friend. I think Greece has some of the best on and off-road riding in Europe. I love all areas of the country. 

My next trip is to be across the Baros Pass to Meteora and then up to Pindos and Vikos gorge. 

Your bike looks awesome 😎 

“Πάντα όρθιος”

Looking forward to make a meeting of greek tenere community in a good dirty offroad ))

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, SergeB said:

Hi guys, did you get finally your bikes?

Yes I did, after four months of waiting. I got mine on March, one of the first EURO 5 bikes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stefos said:

Yes I did, after four months of waiting. I got mine on March, one of the first EURO 5 bikes.

So are you happy with it? I will get mine tomorrow (if the dealer sends me the docs for the ensuarence ^^)

1 hour ago, didier said:

So are you happy with it? I will get mine tomorrow (if the dealer sends me the docs for the ensuarence ^^)

Could not be happier, the bike is worth the wait. The only things i do not like is the seat, which is really uncomfortable for long rides (more than 3-4 hours) and the exhaust. The exhaust bends inwards when you drop the bike from that side and its starts grinding the swingarm. I am still looking for a solution with a reasonable price for this. 

Guys, got mine in May from Patras. Overjoyed with it. It is everything I expected. In just over two weeks I’ve clocked up 1,800 kilometres both on and off road. I love it.

ACDC0CFC-9E43-4350-AC1E-E1FD1811B885.jpeg

3651E5D5-5BBE-46E5-BCBF-77BC3386E04C.jpeg

6F20E438-67F4-4CE1-BA88-40FF8A337DFE.jpeg

• Like 1

my congratulations guys! Happy to see the new owners of this beautiful bike. 

Tenere is awesome, except of f**cking exhaust bend.

PS. Does someone know - what is official service interval in Greece?  My dealer told me about 3k km, others dealer say 5k.

Where is true?

17 minutes ago, Stefos said:

Could not be happier, the bike is worth the wait. The only things i do not like is the seat, which is really uncomfortable for long rides (more than 3-4 hours) and the exhaust. The exhaust bends inwards when you drop the bike from that side and its starts grinding the swingarm. I am still looking for a solution with a reasonable price for this. 

I belive the cheapiest solution so far is the T7rally plastic that you mount on swing arm. Does not prevent bending but prevents rubbing.

rs=w:1200,h:1200

Have you damaged your Tenere 700 T7 Swing arm with your exhaust after dropping the bike ?Or seen other people who have damaged theirs and do not want the same thing to happen to your pride and joy ?Our Swing arm protectors...