Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Free 3D print file for Anti-Vibration brace

mr. projekt

All,

On a Tenere 700 Facebook group, there was a gentleman named Adam Bagdon that kindly emailed me a free file to 3D print for an Anti-bobblehead / anti-vibration brace. 

I wanted to share with you all here on the forums. I've added the file to my Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15GU64X_LqL9IvzGa7dHfiTKiGsBnzh9Q/view?usp=sharing

Disclaimer: I have not yet 3D printed this or tried it out so I cant personally vouch for the fitment or anything (the holidays are SUPER hectic around my house) but wanted to post in case someone was looking for a fun experiment. 

I will probably get to printing this in early January and will post pics and a review as soon as I can for the group!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any pics of what it looks like? Anyone willing to print an extra for me (happy to pay a small fee/shipping)?

1 hour ago, beater_bimmer said:

Any pics of what it looks like? Anyone willing to print an extra for me (happy to pay a small fee/shipping)?

I'll print an extra one for ya if you like what you see / how it turns out

1 hour ago, jdk2man said:

Any idea on how big of a 3d printer you would need? what is the length?

I have an Ender 3 and it's supposed to work

• Like 1

16 hours ago, beater_bimmer said:

I will have some by next week you are more then welcome to stop by in pickone up I'm in Gilroy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baggey22 said:

Hey, I’m Adam Bagdon! Here’s mine printed up and installed

BBFC6D29-7B00-4BAC-B8E8-4378E6EE32B9.thumb.jpeg.bf2d29db7240a2859293f8ee1077bde3.jpeg

657D58AB-B90C-489B-AE96-3A2D8C4740CC.thumb.jpeg.f1de9f5c427e16412d621c32641befd8.jpeg

Thanx for sharing the file dude!!!! if you ever on west coast beer is on me

The only thing you’ll need is longer bolts for where the device attaches to the dash. I happened to have some in my box of “random bolts” so I cannot speak to thread pitch and length. Other than that it’s really easy to swap in and works quite well. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Baggey22 said:

Hey, I’m Adam Bagdon! Here’s mine printed up and installed

BBFC6D29-7B00-4BAC-B8E8-4378E6EE32B9.thumb.jpeg.bf2d29db7240a2859293f8ee1077bde3.jpeg

657D58AB-B90C-489B-AE96-3A2D8C4740CC.thumb.jpeg.f1de9f5c427e16412d621c32641befd8.jpeg

Awesome man! I was hoping to catch you on here too!!! Thanks again for sharing the file! I'm trying to pay it forward

Does it make a difference? Have you been able to try it out?

Edited by jdk2man

19 minutes ago, jdk2man said:

Does it make a difference? Have you been able to try it out?

I’ve had mine on for 1000 or so miles. Works awesome. Takes A LOT of the vibration out and makes my GPS bar stable. 

• Like 2

Adam you are a genius, you should print a load up, and print Bagdon Designs T7 on the front!

thats would look really cool!

4 hours ago, Matth said:

Adam you are a genius, you should print a load up, and print Bagdon Designs T7 on the front!

thats would look really cool!

I’m no genius. I did not create this 3D printed device. I found a plan for it free online. Then when I tried to lead others to the website the owner had taken it down. Since it was originally a free download I felt it was okay for me to take the file I had saved to my computer and send it out to people. 
The original designer has put the file up and down on the internet a few times now. Not sure if he keeps making changes or if the website is just being buggy. Either way now it’s easy for anyone on this forum to get it. 

• Like 1

I want to get this printed in Australia. How much gap is there between the end of the bar and the 2 loops on each side? To me it looks like it would be worth having these loops go as wide as possible to maximise the available bar space?

What material do you get this printed in?

23 minutes ago, Kev95GS said:

That's awesome. Does it help with the headlight shake as well?

It does! 

• Like 1