Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Which accessories do you want to swap out?

Louis

As the aftermarket accessories industry catches up with the new Tenere 700, which accessories do you "want to swap out" for the "wish you had"? And why, or hasn't it worked out? Do tell!

For  me;

I wish I could have the Camel Adv base plate to replace my Adventurespec one. Linkage protection is a bonus and strong attachment!

I wish (and have) B&B rear rack in place of my Adventurespec rear rack. The rails running along the seat interfere with  placement of my Kreiga OS pannier base. Otherwise it is a good product. 

I bought the "smoke" rallyraid headlight protector when I wish got the clear. Not sure if this counts.. more of a "my bad" than the market catching up. 

13 minutes ago, DT675 said:

I bought the "smoke" rallyraid headlight protector when I wish got the clear. Not sure if this counts.. more of a "my bad" than the market catching up. 

It all  counts! I think that you pick Form over Function. Doh!

1 hour ago, DT675 said:

I bought the "light tint" RR headlight protector from Rocky Mountain ATV MC in September for $35 US.  Presently it's on their site for $65 US for whatever reason.  Had no idea inflation was this bad.

At first I didn't like the light tint either, but now I have a Powerbronze adjustable windscreen and winglets with the exact same tint, so it all matches nicely now.  Without the full light-tint kit, I'd be entertaining the exact same minor regret as yourself though.
F12FB072-313B-4533-B32B-5AB8B50E837A.thumb.JPG.3784a4b31904e43971dcf9af5c819391.JPG

I bought the AS side racks before the Kreiga OS base (Tenere Model) came out.

I also got the Solo Rack from B&B and should of only got the compact rack. This is my bad. I just find it hella annoying having to remove the whole rear rack set up (AS Side racks and B&B Solo Rack) to get under the seat.

Pain Heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts forever 

I added the ASV Invention shorty levers and how the bike “feels” so so much better. 

I also have the Asventurespec skid plate and also regret buying it after seeing the Camel one. 

I ordered the Camel tail tidy with Amazon LED blinkers all way around. I don’t mind the current rear - but I figure why not cut easy weight - If it looks good after, awesome. 

I want all the things, of course, but I’ll likely look at a new seat at some point. The stock seat, for me, is too - something, but I not sure yet if it’s position or material, but something is off. 

I’ll be refreshing this thread for more inspiration. 

I bought a SW Motech ring mount for the tankbag. Doesn't work for me because the bag ends up too far back with the relatively short tank. Tolerable on road, but jabs the belly and the boys offroad. I'm skipping a tank bag for now, going with a bar bag instead.