Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is anyone else with a deposit still waiting on delivery?

afhaldeman

Deposit made on a red/white t7 on August 30, was supposed to have a November delivery date but dealer said Yamaha pushed it back to January. Spoke to him last week and said the order is still active in the Yamaha system but no updates since November.  I don't want to worry too much, but part of me is a little concerned that if it's not on its way by now I might be waiting for next year's model. Anybody else with a deposit down on a t7 still waiting for theirs too?

They have a red/white one at 5th Gear Powersports in Elko Nv if your anywhere close to there.

Wow, Can't believe people are still waiting on this Bike... might as well wait on 2022.

I'm in pennsylvania. Would be willing to do a pickup regionally if I find one but NV is just too far! I appreciate the heads up.

I've had a black one on order since Sept. 1 from ARS Powersports  in Okeechobee, Fl. The dealer can't seem to get any straight answers and the Yamaha rep. has been no help at all. What's really annoying is I see reports of bikes showing up at other dealers just for stock but Yamaha hasn't filled an order for a specific customer. I don't blame the dealer; they've been good at keeping me updated such as it is but I do blame Yamaha for what I see as just plain lousy customer service.

I don't have a deposit, just handshake dealer with a dealer ( friends dad owns the place) Was suppose to be end of Oct then Nov, last I hear was late January. I call once a month to check.  Can't ride up here anyway so not in a huge hurry.  Would be nice if Yamaha was a bit more forth coming with delivery info. 

• 3 months later...

Yeah I’ve put a deposit in on one back in December at Switchback in Idaho and they said they’d order it and it wasn’t placed til February and in talks with Yamaha it won’t be delivered until at least august. This is getting stupid 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, bwilly said:

Yeah I’ve put a deposit in on one back in December at Switchback in Idaho and they said they’d order it and it wasn’t placed til February and in talks with Yamaha it won’t be delivered until at least august. This is getting stupid 

Oh and I contacted Yamaha about the fact their alienating their current loyal customer base by focusing on releasing a new MT-09 rather than focusing on delivering on bikes they have orders for and they were speechless. Come on Yamaha!

• Like 1

Two weeks ago, I decided to finally pull the trigger on a  blue Tênêrê 700. I checked with my go-to dealership where I've purchased nearly all my bikes: Snake River Yamaha in Meridian ID.  They've had 14 units sold since last summer and they have 6 more coming in a month or two, but they all have deposits. They have another order being prepared on which I could place a deposit, but the current estimated delivery for those is September/October.

I found that Oregon Trail Sales in Baker OR had a depositless (is that a word?) blue T7 on order - not sure when it was placed. I snagged that one. It is scheduled for delivery in June. It hasn't been delayed yet, but we're only 2 weeks in. 

• Like 2

'21 Tênêrê 700, '20 WR250R, '18 FJR1300

The fact that there's a Highway to Hell and only a Stairway to Heaven should tell you something about anticipated traffic.

2 hours ago, bwilly said:

Oh and I contacted Yamaha about the fact their alienating their current loyal customer base by focusing on releasing a new MT-09 rather than focusing on delivering on bikes they have orders for and they were speechless. Come on Yamaha!

I feel your pain.  I order a white one months ago and its been pushed back to June/July. 

In the end, Yamaha really doesn't care as they will sell every bike they make.

Just now, kainic said:

I feel your pain.  I order a white one months ago and its been pushed back to June/July. 

In the end, Yamaha really doesn't care as they will sell every bike they make.

That is a very valid point but an extremely short sighted business plan

Found the unicorn. Called a localish AZ dealer and found one unbuilt and unclaimed. Picking it up Friday

• Like 1

Was just contacted by MotoCity AZ that they have a Ceramic Ice coming in next week. They are selling it  for $12,041.07 total, including all fees, tax, and license.

Contact info is:

Rick Stratton

(623) 777-1626

• Like 1

Had a T7 on order since late December 2020. So far have had the delivery date push back twice, with the last estimate being for sometime this month. 

Starting to get quite discouraging. 

1 hour ago, Angel Roams said:

Had a T7 on order since late December 2020. So far have had the delivery date push back twice, with the last estimate being for sometime this month. 

Same story here in Belgium.......

I just called every dealer within 300 mile radius. Only had a deposit down for a week before taking delivery. Sucks that so many of you have been getting pushed back for so long. 

54 minutes ago, motoddb said:

Only had a deposit down for a week before taking delivery. 

Dear Rat Fink... I hope you have a flat tire soon. (Just Joking)

• Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

11 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Dear Rat Fink... I hope you have a flat tire soon. (Just Joking)

It was definitely a stroke of luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 3:48 PM, Angel Roams said:

So, is there anyone who placed an order last year that is still waiting on delivery? Ordered in Decemeber 2020, still waiting... was recently told 2nd half of April, but that window appears to be slipping away as well.

In Norway theres several at the dealers, and even more used ones online. Strange that it so different.

What I can tell you is that its worth the wait. I just came home from a ride and I rode up a muddy and rocky hill that no car could have managed (was a steep overgrown tractor road). I made the mistake of not checking the steepness before I tried to ride it. I’m fairly new to off roading, but I’m trying to learn as much as I can. Midway up the hill, I realised that I bit over way more than I could chew, and was losing momentum. The only way out besides laying the bike over and being stuck, was to throttle it. I was sure there was no power left in second gear and I was about to stall, but no, the bike kept chugging upwards till I reached the top- like a true tractor!

It was a fantastic!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 12:24 PM, Angel Roams said:

So, is there anyone who placed an order last year that is still waiting on delivery? Ordered in Decemeber 2020, still waiting... was recently told 2nd half of April, but that window appears to be slipping away as well.

Update: Bike came in last week, picked it up on the 15th! Total wait time was roughly 5 months from placing the order to picking it up.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I skipped putting a deposit down in fall of 2019.  Layed low and wound up with a different new bike to make my return to street riding.  Just couldn't wait anymore. Had to take that bike in for a warranty issue and happened to stop in the local Honda/Yamaha dealer and someone had dropped off the list so I threw down a deposit and am sitting in the #2 spot. 

Sounds like they are continuing to trickle into the region but they are always coming into a deposit situation.  

Hoping for sooner than later.   Now it's back to perusing the forum which of course has grown immensely in the last couple yrs with all the gained experience. 

Hey guys, new member here so I apologize for any lack of decorum. Just want to post some helpful knowledge for our anxious southwest US family. I just put down a deposit one month ago on a 2021 black tenere 700 in Phoenix AZ. Just spoke with the dealership today and they told me they have 10 bikes arriving in roughly 45 days and mine will be in that batch. Fingers crossed that doesn’t change. I called a different dealership in Scottsdale and they said their next batch would be expected sometime in mid October. It seems like they’re trickling in faster now. 

• Like 3