Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is anyone else with a deposit still waiting on delivery?

afhaldeman

Yep, I mentioned that same thing....but she didn't seem to know much.  I don't know if its just my dealer or how Yamaha communicates with all dealers but mine seems pretty in the dark about future availability and delivery...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jollyman said:

Yep, I mentioned that same thing....but she didn't seem to know much.  I don't know if its just my dealer or how Yamaha communicates with all dealers but mine seems pretty in the dark about future availability and delivery...

Their all the same.  Suddenly the dealer gets an invoice and that tells them what bikes are landing in their shop.  It will arrive eventually.  I couldn't stand the long wait but at least mine arrived in the spring time.  Let us know with a picture when you get it.  You're going to love this bike.

I found one for sale in Ashton, ID. But it was the last one. The salesman said they are getting calls from area codes all over the country about Tenere 700s right now, inventories are very lean still.

I just got it home to Utah and plated, I can't wait to get out and try some off road riding.  35 Miles on the ODO, hope to have that over 200 by next Monday.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wife put a deposit on mine back in July, it has landed at the dealership and I get to pick it up Saturday! Hopefully that means others are getting the call as well 🍻 

In the meantime I’ll be here digging around, hyper focusing on all things Teneré… 

• Like 3

Just talked with the dealer the other day. (I call about every month) I put a deposit down in May so it’s been a lot longer than my originally quoted time of 45 days lol. They still don’t know anything so I’ll just keep holding out. Located in Gilbert, AZ and haven’t seen a single one around the state. I wonder if it’ll get here this year…

• Sad 1

On 11/6/2021 at 5:12 PM, Cornflake said:

Just talked with the dealer the other day. (I call about every month) I put a deposit down in May so it’s been a lot longer than my originally quoted time of 45 days lol. They still don’t know anything so I’ll just keep holding out. Located in Gilbert, AZ and haven’t seen a single one around the state. I wonder if it’ll get here this year…

The last of the 2021's have been delivered in California.
Could also be some outside of LongBeach, CA stuck on container ships.
My dealer took my deposit for a 2022 and I'm expecting it by the end of the first Quarter March 2022, maybe sooner if I'm lucky.

• Like 2

Kiser Motorcycles in Kona Hawaii got 5-6 of the 2021’s just in. They are good to deal with. Shipping to the mainland is around $700 I believe. Apparently in Hawaii they deal directly with Japan, instead of Yamaha North America, so somehow they can sometimes get things the mainland can’t.

https://www.kisermotorcycles.com/Motorcycles-Yamaha-Tenere-700-2021-Kailua-Kona-HI-135c1bce-4358-4aeb-b6ba-add50013503d

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I called a dealer in WA mid October and left my name and number. Told him to call me when he got conformation that Yamaha was sending them a T7.  Got a call on Nov 3rd that the bike was in route.  Deposit given at that time.  The bike was in my garage on Nov 13th.  I am sooooooooooo DAMN lucky!!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redneckj said:

I called a dealer in WA mid October and left my name and number. Told him to call me when he got conformation that Yamaha was sending them a T7.  Got a call on Nov 3rd that the bike was in route.  Deposit given at that time.  The bike was in my garage on Nov 13th.  I am sooooooooooo DAMN lucky!!! 

Congratulations.  I waited 5 months to get mine this past spring.  It's such a great feeling.  Post a pic of yours when you get a moment.  Welcome aboard too.

10 hours ago, Landshark said:

Congratulations.  I waited 5 months to get mine this past spring.  It's such a great feeling.  Post a pic of yours when you get a moment.  Welcome aboard too.

9B9E6F8C-E5AB-4815-BD36-A0F360948596.jpeg

51655BEF-A026-4777-81E2-E49B401F544D.jpeg

12D9CAD1-48CF-49BC-B486-C026672FFDDA.jpeg

• Like 1

I was lucky to find a dealer here in Minnesota that had one on the showroom floor when I called. I drove the 90 minute drive and did an exam of the bike. Paid down payment and picked the bike up 3 days later on March 20 2021. My buddy made a down payment at the same dealer who said they had a few more on order. He is still waiting. Dealer has no info as to when it will arrive. Guess I was extremely lucky.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I was looking for the new T7 in our local online ad site and not a one to be found.  Most dealers in the province will run ads on all their new inventory on the Kijiji site.  Not a lot of other new bikes listed as well.  The new KLR is available so it seems.   I'm going to ask my dealer when I get over there in a month or so what's up with the delivery of T7's.

11 hours ago, Landshark said:

I was looking for the new T7 in our local online ad site and not a one to be found.  Most dealers in the province will run ads on all their new inventory on the Kijiji site.  Not a lot of other new bikes listed as well.  The new KLR is available so it seems.   I'm going to ask my dealer when I get over there in a month or so what's up with the delivery of T7's.

Nowt arrived in Ireland yet and my dealer has no idea of when there might be.....:027:

• Sad 1

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.....        

I have deposits with dealers in Oregon and Washington since late November 2021. Neither of them have any idea when they might see their allotment. 

7 hours ago, Toppie said:

Nowt arrived in Ireland yet and my dealer has no idea of when there might be.....:027:

Ha!   Had a bit of an encouraging update from the dealership owner this afternoon......

Capture.thumb.JPG.78a993002776239db9205255aa9ac9f9.JPG

Semi promising news.  I might be T7 mounted inside of February!thumbsup

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toppie said:

Ha!   Had a bit of an encouraging update from the dealership owner this afternoon......

Capture.thumb.JPG.78a993002776239db9205255aa9ac9f9.JPG

Semi promising news.  I might be T7 mounted inside of February!thumbsup

That's exciting!  Snap a pic and let us see the new bike.  You'll have it by weeks end.  🤠😃

Woo wooooo!!!

Just got this email this morning.

There's a big shortage of these bad boys in Ireland.

I think I've got the very first 2022 Blue one on the island......so far.

Megabikes.thumb.JPG.a3464c75343e3f7fb0dd7e55c7735d69.JPG

• Like 3