Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Garmin Zumo XT Wiring Questions - I'm at a LOSS!!!

nelsonccc

On 11/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, Landshark said:

Good job.  No better way to learn than doing it yourself.  If you apply a small amount of silicon to where the wires enter the connectors, it will be water resistant. 

Those connectors already have water resistant seals in them where the wires enter them.  So no need for a sealant. 
Would also advise not to use standard silicone on exposed copper wire.  The curing agent in standard silicone caulk is acetic acid and will corrode the copper that is under the silicone. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Liquidape said:

Those connectors already have water resistant seals in them where the wires enter them.  So no need for a sealant. 
Would also advise not to use standard silicone on exposed copper wire.  The curing agent in standard silicone caulk is acetic acid and will corrode the copper that is under the silicone

Wow,

Thank you for the amazing technical information.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 5:46 AM, orbsurfer said:

No, the Garmin Zumo XT mounted on the Rally Raid bracket (with zero spacers used) does not touch the speedometer/RPM display.

IMG_1443.thumb.JPG.c8396d66fa685879f9f834c5e12dca9f.JPG

I just set mine up the exact same way. Have you been off-road much with your setup? How's the XT mount hold up for the rougher stuff? 

• Like 1

I just used a RAM setup for a third of the price of the Rally Raid.
They have nice stuff but some things are over engineered and therefore also overpriced.
IMG_20211215_195657.thumb.jpg.c84d5bd522563d820e88beceb5104204.jpg

IMG_20211215_195715.thumb.jpg.d53c84d21140558512c68ff492582ef0.jpg

IMG_20211215_195734.thumb.jpg.fed80049d25be277200efa7dfa0450ed.jpg

Steady as a rock (at least with the anti wobbly head stabilizers).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mjepps72 said:

I just set mine up the exact same way. Have you been off-road much with your setup? How's the XT mount hold up for the rougher stuff? 

it is great.

Have not had any problems riding in very rough places with the zūmo XT, but before every ride, I make double sure the GPS unit is attached to the bracket, because every now and then, it feels like the GPS unit attaches to the bracket, but does not fully  engage! Just be aware! 🙂

Anyone put an inline fuse on their ZumoXT power wire?  I'm running mine into an Eastern Beaver PC8 fusebox and have NO idea what size fuse to use!  2a? 3a? 5a?