Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Did Yamaha discontinue the Tall Rally Seat??

TexasRider

Hey all, Awaiting delivery of my T7 and looking for the Yamaha Tall Rally Seat (I'm 6'3"- 35 inseam).

I can't find on anywhere. Out of stock on Yamaha site and eBay is barren (accept for a few price gougers in UK).

Searched through this forum (which is great BTW) and can't find mention of it.

It seemed like it was the Go To solution for us Long Leg guys - many YouTubers referred to the Rally Seat as the way to go.

Now it seems to have disappeared.

Maybe it's just backordered.

What do you guys know??

Thanks

I had to order yamadog OEM accessories from Europe as they weren't available through the web site or through the yamadog dealer.

3 hours ago, TexasRider said:

Hey all, Awaiting delivery of my T7 and looking for the Yamaha Tall Rally Seat (I'm 6'3"- 35 inseam).

I can't find on anywhere. Out of stock on Yamaha site and eBay is barren (accept for a few price gougers in UK).

Searched through this forum (which is great BTW) and can't find mention of it.

It seemed like it was the Go To solution for us Long Leg guys - many YouTubers referred to the Rally Seat as the way to go.

Now it seems to have disappeared.

Maybe it's just backordered.

What do you guys know??

Thanks

I ordered mine through my dealer as he always gives me a nice discount... 4 working days... Worth checking with a dealer or two. 👍 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

I just ordered one in the USA from:

https://www.ronniesmailorder.com/oemcatalogs/p/all/yamaha_motorcycle_accessories-seats/5ecd262f87a8661414c69e30/rally-seat

I know they were backordered and showing a release date in mid Feb 21....we will see.

Perfect - Good price too. Just ordered.

Thanks

2 hours ago, TexasRider said:

Perfect - Good price too. Just ordered.

Thanks

I just received an email that the seat was back ordered .... I told them I would wait.

FYI.

I felt your pain.

I had one on backorder for 4 months after I saw the barcalounger Seat Concepts tall seat. Until last week.  Luckily a brand new unused one popped up on the FB forum.  This is the seat Yamaha should've released the bike with.  

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

6 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

https://www.ronniesmailorder.com/oemcatalogs/p/all/yamaha_motorcycle_accessories-seats/5ecd262f87a8661414c69e30/rally-seat

I know they were backordered and showing a release date in mid Feb 21....we will see.

Great price! Seeing that hurts a bit because 
I spent $350 getting one from Europe....

But, at least I have it and loving  it...

I ordered the old Rally Seat from the local Yamaha dealer back in the beginning of September 2020 here in the Deep South of the US. The seat I received, about five months later, is the seat equipped on the Sky Blue Rally Edition sold in Europe. This seat, also a one piece, is 20 mm taller than standard. The old Rally seat is 40 mm taller than standard.

I have a feeling that the old Rally Seat is discontinued in favor of  the Sky Blue Edition, but I might be wrong.

I'm 6'-2"  - 34" inseam, and really like the Skye Blue Edition seat. I notice I have a better posture riding with this slightly taller seat. This seat also has a cleaner design than the older version, but might not be tall enough for the really big blokes.

Edited by orbsurfer
  • Like 2

I would prefer the old tall Rally seat at 6’4” tall, but the Skye blue rally seat will work as any single seat would be a huge improvement over the two piece seat.  Sitting on the two piece OEM seat seam is not good and was not a good Yamaha idea.

Edited by whisperquiet

I never realized the Rally edition bike had a different Skye blue rally seat before this thread. You learn something every day. I wanted an original Rally seat and I'm glad it's the one I got. I'm a dirtbike riding 5'11''.

Edited by BADDANDY
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

Just checked and they are available over here (Europe) and there is an alternative from Touratech but that is so expensive that I fear you'll kill me if I post the (German) link.

• Haha 3

I'm in San Diego and just got mine yesterday after ordering it in October.  (Feels really nice and just the right height)   Also a fun fact, the "Rally Kit" in the USA is different than other parts of the world as I found out.  It does not include the rally seat or the Akro which in my mind is registered in the WTF category.  

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2021 at 11:49 AM, whisperquiet said:

@whisperquiet 

Edit: same question for @TexasRider

Did you ever receive your seat?

Edited by Spacejunky
Modified recipients of my question

2 hours ago, Spacejunky said:

@whisperquiet 

I did receive my Yamaha tall rally seat which works great for me.  I can still flat foot the bike.

18 hours ago, Spacejunky said:

@whisperquiet 

I received my Tall Rally seat last week. Ronnie had a great price and honored it as soon as they came back in stock. I'm pretty happy with it.

Ordered from Ronnie's, received email that they're on back order.

Let the waiting game begin!

• 2 months later...

So I have the seat with the white Yamaha logo on the sides. If I understand this correctly, this is only 20mm taller than stock and not 35mm? I’m in need of some more leg room, but reluctant to lower the pegs. 

If this is so I might order the SC rally tall, which is 41mm taller (1 5/8 inch).

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 10:56 AM, Spacejunky said:

Ordered from Ronnie's, received email that they're on back order.

Let the waiting game begin!

Mine is still on backorder.  Did you ever get yours?

36 minutes ago, wavz said:

Nope, still on backorder 

Has anyone compared the yamaha rally rally tall with the seat concepts rally /rally tall. or comfort tall?

The guy at seat concept told me I need the Comfort seat if I want to be comfortable, but from my experience the most important thing is the foam and how much of it there is.

comments?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 6:53 AM, wavz said:

Mine shipped a few days ago. Not received yet, but there appears to be movement!