Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Did Yamaha discontinue the Tall Rally Seat??

TexasRider

Anyone know the part numbers for the original rally seat and the Sky Blue Edition seat?

RALLY SEAT KIT -- BW3-F47C0-T0-00

Edited by discoganya

• 1 month later...

The tall rally seat actually costs 220$ in the US? Are these prices legit?

I am looking for one in the EU but new the list price is 510$ if you convert it. That's crazy expensive. That's like 2x more expensive than any KTM powerparts seat.

If it is this cheap in the US I might just order it from there. Should still come out cheaper than buying it here. 

Can any US riders confirm how much they actually paid for it? I would be very grateful 😁

If anyone had a used Rally seat I would also be interested.

Edited by OK185

Yea it’s expensive in Europe.. I got one and I love it, but it was a big purchase to be fair.

1 hour ago, katana said:

I paid $450 in South Africa two years ago.  Worth it.

21 minutes ago, NordicT7 said:

Yea it’s expensive in Europe.. I got one and I love it, but it was a big purchase to be fair.

Is the riding position improved or much different? and is it comfy?

I sometimes feel like I am sat too low on the bike and seat too close to the pegs. But then again it is nice for the wind protection.

I also have to say the rally seat looks amazing.

I have 88cm inseam or 34,5" so I think it should be fine with the increased height. 

45 minutes ago, OK185 said:

I sometimes feel like I am sat too low on the bike and seat too close to the pegs. But then again it is nice for the wind protection.

I have 88cm inseam or 34,5" so I think it should be fine with the increased height. 

Deffinetly a difference in riding position. It feels more “on” the bike than “in” the bike. 
I am 188 with 33” inseam (if I buy pants) and I can still reach the ground with both feet albeit it more on the toes. 
The rally seat is a bit harder and more narrow, comfort is probably on par with the stock seat depending on your posture and riding time. 
Rally seat is also more flat so you can move back and forward a bit more to readjust when your ass numbs up.

I bought it for the looks (it looks so much better) but also to get rid of the buffeting. I’ve combined it with a short screen from powerbronze and although I catch more wind, it’s all clean wind. I am personally not a fan of huge screens so think this was a good way of solving the buffeting issue I had.

im still considering bar risers (for standing up) and lowering the pegs to get some more leg room.

overal I “feel” that the rally seat and the new seating position gives me more control over the bike, more commanding position. Another added plus is that it is one piece and is tall folks often can’t move back far enough before sitting on the section between the driver and passenger seats with the stock 2-piece. 

ultimately I prefer the rally, but if comfort is your main goal I would maybe consider the seatconcepts tall comfort seat.

• Like 3

On 8/21/2023 at 5:01 AM, OK185 said:

The tall rally seat actually costs 220$ in the US? Are these prices legit?

I am looking for one in the EU but new the list price is 510$ if you convert it. That's crazy expensive. That's like 2x more expensive than any KTM powerparts seat.

If it is this cheap in the US I might just order it from there. Should still come out cheaper than buying it here. 

Can any US riders confirm how much they actually paid for it? I would be very grateful 😁

If anyone had a used Rally seat I would also be interested.

yes price is legit. and included shipping

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:06 AM, OK185 said:

The increased height was my goal.  The comfort, seating position, perfect bar reach and uber sexiness was bonus.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 2:01 AM, OK185 said:

I am in the US, I paid USD $220

• Like 1

Thanks. Just ordered it from Partzilla from US to EU. With all fees added it should still cost less than a used one over here. 😂 

Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the Rally seat and it's amazing. The seating position is much better for me and so is the comfort. Seems much plusher than the stock seat and you can easily slide back and it's even wider. Should have bought this 30.000KM ago...

• Like 3