Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Corbin seats coming soon!

spunrdneck

Took my bike to Corbin to let them design a seat for the T7! should be ready mid this month... I will post pics when i get it back!

**it will be a one piece, I know that much!**

• Like 2

I hope it will be better than the Corbins I've had on my GTS, FJR and S10...Quality is awesome, but its basically a nice molded puck that's hard as a rock and doesn't allow you to move around on them.

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Cool let me know when you get it maybe I can stop by and check it out I'm in Gilroy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canzvt said:

I hope it will be better than the Corbins I've had on my GTS, FJR and S10...Quality is awesome, but its basically a nice molded puck that's hard as a rock and doesn't allow you to move around on them.

Same here. Great quality, but heavy and not too comfortable. 

4 hours ago, Firebolter said:

Same here. Great quality, but heavy and not too comfortable. 

+1

I had a Corbin seat WR250R, heavy and rock hard. The OEM seat was much better than the Corbin.

i've alwasy gone TO corbin, to have them custom cut the seats for me --- and they have ALWASY made me a superior product that I've put buh-zillioins of miles on.

CAVEAT - I have NOT done an offroad seat with them
My KTMs all have the standard "Austrian bit of hardwood with flimsy vinyl covering" and I LIKE it that way

I'd love to see a Corbin LOW for the Tenere.   I even did the email "hey, I got a T7, use my bike"  but no response.

I'm eager to see pix

• Like 2

Corbin makes some great seats. Looking forward to see what they provide for you.  I am looking to get heated touring seats on my T7 and plan to ride to Hollister in the near future to get a custom build.

• Like 1

The guy that comes up with the location of the Corbin ass pocket must be 7' tall.  Always moves me way too far from the bars.

• Like 3

On 3/5/2021 at 9:48 AM, cstatman said:

i've alwasy gone TO corbin, to have them custom cut the seats for me --- and they have ALWASY made me a superior product that I've put buh-zillioins of miles on.

CAVEAT - I have NOT done an offroad seat with them
My KTMs all have the standard "Austrian bit of hardwood with flimsy vinyl covering" and I LIKE it that way

I'd love to see a Corbin LOW for the Tenere.   I even did the email "hey, I got a T7, use my bike"  but no response.

I'm eager to see pix

I emailed them also and got no response from them about loaning them my bike that was in Dec

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, POLISHADAM82 said:

I emailed them also and got no response from them about loaning them my bike that was in Dec

I just hope they get a pan ready to go --- and can do some custom low low for me...  

I did a rider seat that I sut all the foam,   I'd like a fancy freakin corbin....

I'd even stop at Hollister on the way back, to do some photo shootin  🙂

• 3 weeks later...

All done... wrong style seat for this bikes purpose IMO. If I were Touring it would be nice I guess. Too wide for me at 5’9” I already Struggle to touch the ground- the front width pushes out my legs and makes it a chore to put a foot down. And it is hideous. Doesn’t match lines or colors really- not stoked at all. Yeah the free seat is cool but I put The stocker right back on. ☹️

oh,  they broke a turn signal and bent my hand guard. Didn’t seem to concerned about it either. Now they won’t return calls or emails. Bike was there 5 weeks!

you can see my bike (with the tweaked signal and guard ) on their website.

AD9C1979-075C-41BA-92C7-D6927BA3C08A.jpeg

2CFBABE8-0543-4169-AEDF-915841C8EA58.jpeg

A51908F2-275E-41FF-B4A9-4DD638E48503.jpeg

• Sad 3

Sounds like a positive experience and a great product...😖😖

• Like 2

I think I have Yamaha disease...

1 hour ago, spunrdneck said:

All done... wrong style seat for this bikes purpose IMO. If I were Touring it would be nice I guess. Too wide for me at 5’9” I already Struggle to touch the ground- the front width pushes out my legs and makes it a chore to put a foot down. And it is hideous. Doesn’t match lines or colors really- not stoked at all. Yeah the free seat is cool but I put The stocker right back on

That is RAW.    i would call and ask to leave message for Mike.    he rarely allows bs like that.

i would ALSO be standing at the door the moment they opened with an earfull for them

that seat?   not for dual sporting - absolutley for touring.   My 5'7 stumpy self would never reach the ground

• Like 1

yeah like cstatman said call Mike he will take care of it when i dropped off bike years ago to get the proto done Mike hand delivered my bike to me I'm surprised he didn't do that for you. Also yeah seems like all their seats more or less for touring kind of I have one on my GSA and it's way wider then any others ones that I also have so yeah call them up and complain !!! 

So you didn't get to choose which model? They have two on their site - a touring version and a DS version:

yten7b_6t.jpg.dd89a85452c7e97ec7f72e3b56cbccd1.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spunrdneck said:

All done... wrong style seat for this bikes purpose IMO. If I were Touring it would be nice I guess. Too wide for me at 5’9” I already Struggle to touch the ground- the front width pushes out my legs and makes it a chore to put a foot down. And it is hideous. Doesn’t match lines or colors really- not stoked at all. Yeah the free seat is cool but I put The stocker right back on. ☹️

oh,  they broke a turn signal and bent my hand guard. Didn’t seem to concerned about it either. Now they won’t return calls or emails. Bike was there 5 weeks!

you can see my bike (with the tweaked signal and guard ) on their website.

AD9C1979-075C-41BA-92C7-D6927BA3C08A.jpeg

2CFBABE8-0543-4169-AEDF-915841C8EA58.jpeg

A51908F2-275E-41FF-B4A9-4DD638E48503.jpeg

Did you load the bike yourself or they did it?

1 minute ago, POLISHADAM82 said:

Did you load the bike yourself or they did it?

I loaded It... it was sitting in their showroom broken when I arrived!

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Corbin on my FZ6 and it's super comfortable for all day rides. I'm not digging either version shown here for the T7 (that slope on the DS, what?) and the treatment of spunrdneck's bike is NOT COOL. I'll keep waiting for SeatConcepts.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I have an update... they are sending me a seat that is the other type (straight dual sport) for no charge. I think they want the other cruiser seat back- we will see!

I contacted the R&D guy (Greg Hurley) and he has been really on top of things! I still have yet to get any response from anyone else about the damage but I have repaired it at very minimum cost to me. still expect a response at least saying "sorry we broke your bike"!!

I will report back once I try the new, new, seat!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2021 at 12:43 PM, spunrdneck said:

Okay so I have an update... they are sending me a seat that is the other type (straight dual sport) for no charge. I think they want the other cruiser seat back- we will see!

I contacted the R&D guy (Greg Hurley) and he has been really on top of things! I still have yet to get any response from anyone else about the damage but I have repaired it at very minimum cost to me. still expect a response at least saying "sorry we broke your bike"!!

I will report back once I try the new, new, seat!

Any update on the DS seat?

I tried To give it some time but I am Not a fan. The dual sport is just not right for me ☹️
Its really hard, sloped to the front like a 50s hot rod stance AND, not comfortable.

Ordered a seat concepts kit.

Back to my stock seat for now, the low and two corbins just don’t cut it!

They broke your bike ... and didn't even address it? Wow.

I owned 2 FJR's, 1 had a Rich's seat on it when I bought it, the other a Corbin. The Rich's was a dream. Did a fly n ride to Seattle and rode home to San Diego. Also took that bike to Canada and back. Amazingly comfortable seat. Now the Corbin, entirely different experience.  Fly n ride from Scottsdale back to San Diego (4.5 - 5 hours). Couldn't wait to get off that bike and get that miserable brick off the bike, ASAP! Sold it immediately, couldn't believe someone actually wanted to buy it??? Rode to BMS (Bill Mayer Saddles) in Ventura with the stock FJR seat, which was more comfortable than the Corbin! They made me a pretty amazing seat. Thinking about letting Adrian up there have a go at the T7 seat, see what he does?

Corbin? THEY SUCK! 

....And they buggered your bike and didn't say jack Shet? F**k them. Id rather ride on a cinder block. Might as well be.

Edited by JohnnieBoy
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 6:24 AM, spunrdneck said:

I tried To give it some time but I am Not a fan. The dual sport is just not right for me ☹️
Its really hard, sloped to the front like a 50s hot rod stance AND, not comfortable.

Ordered a seat concepts kit.

Back to my stock seat for now, the low and two corbins just don’t cut it!

Thanks for the candid feedback.  This I'll give the Seat Concept standard one-piece comfort seat a try.

• Like 1