Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What brand turn signals aftermarket are you using?

DanT700

Looking to do the tail tidy and want to replace the big turn signals...any comments?

• Like 1

I went with the Yoshimura Tail Tidy kit and TST Industries leds. TST has everything needed to upgrade, including a  plug n play (adjustable) flasher relay. You have to use MT/FZ-07 for parts search but then everything you need comes up... including Yamaha end plug n play pigtails and plastic oval adapter block off plates. I went with the smoke flush mounts up front and the BL6 smoke pods in the back and am very happy. At $16 a pair up front and $30 in the rear - not breaking the bank, either. Right around $100 for everything to get the job done. Looks great and works well. 

TST Ind link...

Want to upgrade your 2018 MT-07 with LED lighting, crash protection, fender eliminator, integrated tail light, and more? TST has you covered. Shop now!

20210323_174104.jpg

20210323_174059.jpg

20210325_170334.jpg

20210327_175012.jpg

20210327_175013.jpg

20210327_175034.jpg

20210327_175042.jpg

Edited by JohnnieBoy
Add pics
  • Like 3

Motogadget M-Blaze Pin turn signals for the rear.  Tucked in nice and tight, mounted directly to the sides of the brake light housing. Extremely bright little lights.

Flush mount led’s in the stock location, with Custom Dynamics led strips for added light up front. Nice little flat spot by the headlight to mount the light strips. 

CC4D77DA-F0E0-45CC-8571-A9ECF128C73F.jpeg

C210BECD-D5AF-480C-8C7E-01289B758F07.jpeg

636E89C3-3459-4C7C-953A-5DC85C749C51.jpeg

Edited by sshat
  • Like 4

On 3/29/2021 at 8:20 AM, sshat said:

Motogadget M-Blaze Pin turn signals for the rear.  Tucked in nice and tight, mounted directly to the sides of the brake light housing. Extremely bright little lights.

Flush mount led’s in the stock location, with Custom Dynamics led strips for added light up front. Nice little flat spot by the headlight to mount the light strips. 

+1 for the Motogadget pin turn signals.  Expensive, but super bright and completely out the way.

PXL_20210401_220059891.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 11:20 AM, sshat said:

CC4D77DA-F0E0-45CC-8571-A9ECF128C73F.jpeg

C210BECD-D5AF-480C-8C7E-01289B758F07.jpeg

636E89C3-3459-4C7C-953A-5DC85C749C51.jpeg

Nice set up. Any more details on the LED strips?  Also why didn't you go with the Motogadget M-Blaze Pin turn signals on the front and only back?

The strips are From Custom Dynamics (https://www.customdynamics.com/truflex-ii?cat=320)

They come in a a range of sizes to suit.
I had a set of the Mblaze signals sitting around from another project, they fit in nice and didn’t want to incorporate the turn signals  into the tail tidy directly. Built the tail tidy myself, kept it simple. 

The block off plate and flush led  lights on the front were a better looking option than Mblaze up front.  

On 4/4/2021 at 9:45 PM, sshat said:

The strips are From Custom Dynamics (https://www.customdynamics.com/truflex-ii?cat=320)

They come in a a range of sizes to suit.
I had a set of the Mblaze signals sitting around from another project, they fit in nice and didn’t want to incorporate the turn signals  into the tail tidy directly. Built the tail tidy myself, kept it simple. 

The block off plate and flush led  lights on the front were a better looking option than Mblaze up front.  

Thanks. Looks like you have the 40 LED setup?

20 led strip.  85mm overall length 

Earlier link was for the newer version. More size options in this style. 

Edited by sshat
  • Like 1

Anyone have a good source for the Motogadget pin turn signals in the US?  Are they pre-wired?

• 4 weeks later...

The T7 I recently bought used has the Cyclops multi-function front and rear LED signals installed. While I think they look great and I like the way the rear signals double as brake lights, at breaks during a group ride yesterday that had both on-and off-road sections I asked guys who'd been behind me during the road portions how visible the Cyclops were.

All stated the red brake light function got their attention, but also admitted they barely noticed the turn signals. To my eye, the signals are aimed where they should be for maximum visibility from the rear.

This concerns when riding in traffic, and wondering if anyone else has comments on Cyclops turn signal visibility (front or rear)? 

• 1 month later...

I installed the Camel Tail (very nice) and  later installed some Cyclops LED turn signals. The front signals are going strong after ~ 2 months of road and rough off road riding (no crashes). One rear failed about 3 weeks after installation. Cyclops replaced it and within 2 weeks both rear signals no longer work.  It seems the signals are flopping around too much causing the signal to no longer sit straight against the 10mm installation bolts. The OEM stock signals continue to work when plugged in to the signal  plugs so I know its not a bike issue. Has anyone out there had similar issues with their Cyclops LED signals? Very frustrating after spending $170 on their LED system.

What LEDs are folks using that are riding in some rough conditions and they're still working?

I have heard the Cyclops' are not any better than the cheap Amazon ones as far as brightness and it doesn't seem to much better on reliability.  For $170 I would expect better. I threw on a set of Amazon signals, if they don't last I'll just put the OEM lights back on.  

1466958452_T7FrontSignals.thumb.jpg.b07b6f751eebd311809b0222c076bbc9.jpgT7 Rear signals.jpg

Edited by Offcamber

• 2 weeks later...

i bought the cheap amazon leds, installed when i first got my bike. aside from the poor build quality...the stalks pull right out of the plastic signal bodies easily when tightening the nut... my friend rode behind me and said they were barely visible in daytime, so in the bin they went

• Like 2

On 3/25/2021 at 4:17 PM, Firebolter said:

I used the Yamaha LED arrows with a R&G tail tidy and CAMEL High exhaust-no heating issues at all with the blinkers. Exhaust goes below the blinker. 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50956855426_f03be2a105_b.jpg

@Firebolterwhen using the Yamaha LED arrows do you lose the running light option for the fronts?

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2021 at 1:17 PM, Firebolter said:

I used the Yamaha LED arrows with a R&G tail tidy and CAMEL High exhaust-no heating issues at all with the blinkers. Exhaust goes below the blinker. 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50956855426_f03be2a105_b.jpg

Where can you buy those turn signal lights? I looked up Yamaha LED arrows and saw some options for different bike models. Not sure which works.

Also as someone asked here, do they function as running lights?

6 minutes ago, Lewie said:

I’m running some R1 original lights

1B63A90E-3355-49C4-AE12-78158BFCEC67.jpeg

Looks nice and neat. Do you happen to have the part number still? How's the wiring connection? Thanks.

I don’t I bought them from ebay

they came (if I remember) with the correct connection for the T7 

• 4 months later...
On 4/4/2021 at 1:26 PM, Leojb said:

+1 for the Motogadget pin turn signals.  Expensive, but super bright and completely out the way.

PXL_20210401_220059891.jpg

How do you have these pin signals mounted? This looks like a great solution for high exhaust mounting.

The rear turn signals are mounted using tapered plumbing washers. 

The front signals use the standard plastic blank-off plate that many of the aftermarket turn signal manufacturers recommend.'  Can't remember where I bought them. 

PXL_20230610_025715466[1].jpg

PXL_20230610_025540397[1].jpg