Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What brand turn signals aftermarket are you using?

DanT700

Anyone use 2021+ MT09 LED turn signals (OEM Yamaha)? I really like that look, they are relatively inexpensive online and do not need any wire stripping or soldering. 

One might need a new relay or maybe just use toe MT09 relay, I don't know.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 9:14 AM, JohnnieBoy said:

I went with the Yoshimura Tail Tidy kit and TST Industries leds. TST has everything needed to upgrade, including a  plug n play (adjustable) flasher relay. You have to use MT/FZ-07 for parts search but then everything you need comes up... including Yamaha end plug n play pigtails and plastic oval adapter block off plates. I went with the smoke flush mounts up front and the BL6 smoke pods in the back and am very happy. At $16 a pair up front and $30 in the rear - not breaking the bank, either. Right around $100 for everything to get the job done. Looks great and works well. 

TST Ind link...

Want to upgrade your 2018 MT-07 with LED lighting, crash protection, fender eliminator, integrated tail light, and more? TST has you covered. Shop now!

20210323_174104.jpg

20210323_174059.jpg

20210325_170334.jpg

20210327_175012.jpg

20210327_175013.jpg

20210327_175034.jpg

20210327_175042.jpg

I like your set up!

Couple questions on what exactly you bought from the TST website. For your front flush mounts.

You got the flush mounts, 3-3 harness adaptor, running mate and relay? Non of them came from the T7 selection? It all came from the MT07 selection?

Did the adaptor plates that came with the flush mounts work for the T7?

Id like to purchase the same thing  including the running mate and relay. Any help with that would be great. I guess I am a little confused as to why the flush mounts are not in the T7 section as well.

Joe

Edited by cannedSardina

Just been out and I’m now in market myself for new set flexi indicators

my ones were great but lately brightness has dropped where riders behind can’t see them easily

Edited by john_aero

On 3/29/2021 at 7:14 AM, JohnnieBoy said:

I went with the Yoshimura Tail Tidy kit and TST Industries leds. TST has everything needed to upgrade, including a  plug n play (adjustable) flasher relay. You have to use MT/FZ-07 for parts search but then everything you need comes up... including Yamaha end plug n play pigtails and plastic oval adapter block off plates. I went with the smoke flush mounts up front and the BL6 smoke pods in the back and am very happy. At $16 a pair up front and $30 in the rear - not breaking the bank, either. Right around $100 for everything to get the job done. Looks great and works well. 

TST Ind link...

Want to upgrade your 2018 MT-07 with LED lighting, crash protection, fender eliminator, integrated tail light, and more? TST has you covered. Shop now!

20210323_174104.jpg

20210323_174059.jpg

20210325_170334.jpg

20210327_175012.jpg

20210327_175013.jpg

20210327_175034.jpg

20210327_175042.jpg

I have the same TST setup, but using the Camel Tidy Tail.  Not sure how visible the fronts are during bright daylight... 

Edited by roygilbo
fix

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Cyclops turn signals are not available any more (link)

And the 12oClockLabs TS700-RLA LED Turn Signals possibly have issues flashing (link)

What other options are there? 

I need bright LEDs, strong and durable, front 3-wire running lights, no cutting, splicing or soldering.

Edited by discoganya

On 7/14/2023 at 8:18 PM, discoganya said:

Anyone use 2021+ MT09 LED turn signals (OEM Yamaha)? I really like that look, they are relatively inexpensive online and do not need any wire stripping or soldering. 

One might need a new relay or maybe just use toe MT09 relay, I don't know.

they look suspiciously like the ones used on the Tenere Rally. 

1 hour ago, discoganya said:

Looks like the Cyclops turn signals are not available any more (link)

And the 12oClockLabs TS700-RLA LED Turn Signals possibly have issues flashing (link)

What other options are there? 

I need bright LEDs, strong and durable, front 3-wire running lights, no cutting, splicing or soldering.

Cyclops have discontinued the MF 3.0 lights because of some issues, but have recently purchased EDS Tuff Lites with a spring loaded stalk that can bend every direction & should have them upgraded with the same functionality as the MF 3.0 by end of year.  I tried the 12oClockLabs lights & returned them. 

4 minutes ago, prowlnS10 said:

Cyclops have discontinued the MF 3.0 lights because of some issues, but have recently purchased EDS Tuff Lites with a spring loaded stalk that can bend every direction & should have them upgraded with the same functionality as the MF 3.0 by end of year.  I tried the 12oClockLabs lights & returned them. 

I saw that - but it's going to be a while before it becomes available to consumers I think.

Why did you return the 12oClockLabs signals?

If wanting extremely bright LED signals/running lights Skene (owned by Cyclops) has their High Visibility LED Light Systems for front & rear that when used with one of their controllers function as turn signals.  I've got them on the front as DRL & additional turn signals 

2 minutes ago, discoganya said:

I saw that - but it's going to be a while before it becomes available to consumers I think.

Why did you return the 12oClockLabs signals?

Scroll about half-way down my blog review for full explanation 

Thanks, I have read your blog in the past, very useful information.

Looks like T7 owners don't have many viable choices for plug-n-play turn signals right now.

I installed what CamelADV sells:

We tried dozens of different LED signal lights before deciding on these units. We've tested them on several bikes for over a year and haven't had any failures yet!These units are bright enough to easily be seen during the...

they are bright, durable and priced right. The only limitation is it’s a 2 wire setup, no forward running lights. I purchased along with the CamelADV tail tidy, highly recommended.

393A331A-4CC8-4F16-883F-0C549EE68FE2.jpeg

81459A56-6876-4992-9724-14F43E7F3E92.jpeg

97ED39E5-038C-4267-AC4F-DE5DFEE0B2F3.jpeg

C6572ED4-89BF-4DD9-B553-8180050996BC.jpeg

I have the TST flush mounted turn signals on my bike now, but I just melted one and they are disappointingly dim.

I used these on an older bike and I'm about to switch out with them:

mal-x-x2.jpg

Replace existing bolts with the MAL series Miniature LED License Plate Bolt to add additional light to license plates. Produces a wide 120° beam in one of 7 available colors to provide maximum visibility to make numbers...

They are indeed super bright, and they're $3 ea. Not sure why so many other turn signals are so expensive, fragile, and/or dim.

The same site also has these small/cheap terminal blocks that work great if you don't want to solder anything, and they're $0..29 ea:

LQC-x-Lever-Lock-Quick-Connect-Store_1.j

Lever-Lock Quick Connect Terminal Block for 28 to 12 Gauge wire. Alternative solution for traditional wire nuts to create quicker and more secure wire connections. Insert stripped wires and close the lever to secure wire and...

These are definitely minimalist: no running lights, fast blink (unless you swap relays/add a load resistor), and don't include harness/tear drop adapters. But if you find yourself in the group of people who don't care about turn signals as long as they work and you don't want to unnecessarily take money out of your beer fund, I'd recommend these.

advgoats.com

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2021 at 4:17 PM, Firebolter said:

I used the Yamaha LED arrows with a R&G tail tidy and CAMEL High exhaust-no heating issues at all with the blinkers. Exhaust goes below the blinker. 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50956855426_f03be2a105_b.jpg

Any idea where to get these in

North America? My googling is failing! 

@Ashmaxwell They look like what Camel ADV sells... 

We tried dozens of different LED signal lights before deciding on these units. We've tested them on several bikes for over a year and haven't had any failures yet!These units are bright enough to easily be seen during the...

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• 1 month later...

I use Kellermann micro. Newer black ones in the front, older (stowed away from another bike) silver ones in the back.

By mounting the MIVV Dakar exhaust I had to make certain changes to the back. I made the tail myself from stainless steel, welded on a tube with threads on both ends to meet the needs of the signal lights. The wiring goes through a hole in the middle of the tube into a rubber tube up to the tail light and so it's kept away from dirt and damage. The front ones are mounted via adapter plates from KEDO. The blinker relais is also from KEDO.

LED-Signals-1.jpg

LED-Signals-2.jpg

LED-Signals-3.jpg

LED-Signals-4.jpg

• 3 months later...

I've been super happy with these aluminum, waterproof, super-bright, E13 certified, and small LEDs that I got from Amazon. I've been running them for the last few months. They are excellent quality for the USD 43 price for a set of 4.

https://a.co/d/dAS04GB

I just installed the TST micro-LED turn signals. I used the Camel change plates, wire kit and flasher.

Easy peasy installation!

030224 8.jpg

030224 10.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, yashko51 said:

I just installed the TST micro-LED turn signals. I used the Camel change plates, wire kit and flasher.

Easy peasy installation!

030224 8.jpg

030224 10.jpg

Are these brighter than the stock turn signals?

I’ve some rally ones to fit on the rear but I forgot what a faff it is to get to them 

4 hours ago, Tseven said:

Are these brighter than the stock turn signals?

I can't say either way though I will say they vary bright looking straight at them. Not sure when the viewing angle changes from straight.,,,