Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

OEM Crash Bar Installation Instructions

CackalackyADV

Check out McMaster-Carr for spacers - they have a large variety. 

192x192.png?ver=1622796110

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

5 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

Check out McMaster-Carr for spacers - they have a large variety. 

192x192.png?ver=1622796110

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Oh wow, good link thanks! Now I just need to figure out what the heck the dimensions of the original one is. 

I went to the hardware store and picked up some spacers but when I got home I realized it's more than just 56mm worth of spacers. The gap between the two engine tabs is not 56mm wide. So it looks like the original bushing/spacer actually rests inside the hole of the left engine tab...but not the right tab. The opening is not the same width between the two engine tabs. Does this make sense to anyone that has the OEM crash bars and remembers this step from the install?

Thank you all. 

39 minutes ago, IDT7 said:

Oh wow, good link thanks! Now I just need to figure out what the heck the dimensions of the original one is. 

I went to the hardware store and picked up some spacers but when I got home I realized it's more than just 56mm worth of spacers. The gap between the two engine tabs is not 56mm wide. So it looks like the original bushing/spacer actually rests inside the hole of the left engine tab...but not the right tab. The opening is not the same width between the two engine tabs. Does this make sense to anyone that has the OEM crash bars and remembers this step from the install?

Thank you all. 

Sorry, I looked everyone I could think of and can't find mine. It is right where I left it, just don't remember where that is right now. Was going to measure it for you.. Sorry.

Just now, NeilW said:

Sorry, I looked everyone I could think of and can't find mine. It is right where I left it, just don't remember where that is right now. Was going to measure it for you.. Sorry.

I appreciate it. McMaster (the link posted earlier today) makes a stainless steel spacer for an M10 screw that is 16mm outer diameter. I can get a 50mm and a 6mm one. Just need to make sure 16mm outer diameter would work. I'm not quite sure how the spacer fits, if it goes through the left engine tab or just sits in the middle. I was trying to check out some YouTube videos but no one really gives a lot of attention to that step...!

11 minutes ago, IDT7 said:

I appreciate it. McMaster (the link posted earlier today) makes a stainless steel spacer for an M10 screw that is 16mm outer diameter. I can get a 50mm and a 6mm one. Just need to make sure 16mm outer diameter would work. I'm not quite sure how the spacer fits, if it goes through the left engine tab or just sits in the middle. I was trying to check out some YouTube videos but no one really gives a lot of attention to that step...!

Get an aluminum spacer, that will be enough for strength and much easier to cut to length or file if it isn't the correct length.

• Like 3