Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How To Remove Your Charcoal Canister

BMRT7

Thanks.

I'm gonna try removing hose #3 and run a longer one as you did, but just disconnect hose #4 and plug it. Then remove can. This way I won't have to remove bodywork or tank now, but when I do a throttle body sinc or plug change.

BTW, which ports are used for throttle body sinc (red or yellow) if you know?

• Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

You Sir, are a star! Many thanks. I will do it exactly that way, except that I will not use vacuum caps (hard to get over here) but run a short hose from one barb to the other or find another possibility to plug them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BADDANDY said:

Thanks.

I'm gonna try removing hose #3 and run a longer one as you did, but just disconnect hose #4 and plug it. Then remove can. This way I won't have to remove bodywork or tank now, but when I do a throttle body sinc or plug change.

BTW, which ports are used for throttle body sinc (red or yellow) if you know?

Manual calls for removing the cap and intake air pressure sensor hose (yellow) and then installing the measuring equipment. 

Thanks

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

Canister delete completed the way I said I would as above.  I replaced hose #3 with #5 which already had a 45° end and used a wooden dowel to plug hose #4. I'm making a 9"x2.5" tube to move a tool bag from under the seat to replace it as seen with the blue tape.

0409211615.thumb.jpg.d46441fb6dada6b10a94b2646c650d39.jpg0409211616.thumb.jpg.1091d6b18f2ed15fecb9f258a7f297df.jpg

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 2
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

On 4/10/2021 at 8:47 PM, BADDANDY said:

Tool tube complete.

0410211716.jpg

What are you using to secure the tube in place?

15 hours ago, slakdawg said:

What are you using to secure the tube in place?

The stock canister holder with added ziptie to unused engine mount

• Like 2
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Damonoid said:

Does anyone know if removing the charcoal canister effects the emissions readings for UK MOT purposes?

removing this doesn't affect any emission reading, it's just stupid idea not to vent into atmosphere but to the bucket...

then someday bucked get utilized and guess where all sh@#$t goes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@deliriumHummm, how'd you get that name?

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So I haven't got around to making my tool tube with a trip to HD, but deleted everything but the solenoid valve (Euro 5 located by right fork leg inside fairing) which wasn't discussed in this thread as I suspect it may throw a fault code.  Probably easy enough to find a mating connector with an appropriate resistor, but has anybody done this?  Also went with Acerbis tank so underside vent is eliminated but haven't decided my cap vent routing yet (or locking cap that vents) beyond using a vacuum elbow on the cap to sit under any tank bag/luggage.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, e010584 said:

So I haven't got around to making my tool tube with a trip to HD, but deleted everything but the solenoid valve (Euro 5 located by right fork leg inside fairing) which wasn't discussed in this thread as I suspect it may throw a fault code.  Probably easy enough to find a mating connector with an appropriate resistor, but has anybody done this?  Also went with Acerbis tank so underside vent is eliminated but haven't decided my cap vent routing yet (or locking cap that vents) beyond using a vacuum elbow on the cap to sit under any tank bag/luggage.

Do you have a picture or Service Manual page image you can post for reference on that solenoid valve?  Our forum only has a 2020 Service Manual linked for reference so the Euro 5 model isn't included.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

19 minutes ago, AZJW said:

Do you have a picture or Service Manual page image you can post for reference on that solenoid valve?  Our forum only has a 2020 Service Manual linked for reference so the Euro 5 model isn't included.

Don't have manual but here's a picture looking down right fork leg.  Solenoid valve is silver body in lower right with electrical connector tie wrapped to it.20221219_133255.jpg.ff6717031869d1d663ec9b99e4408e01.jpg

• Moderators

No such plumbing on my 2021 US model.  Hopefully someone with a Euro5 model will have some guidance on this.

20221219_135641.jpg.2ee7b85305b667a8c4910811839f7a82.jpg

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

On 12/19/2022 at 9:58 PM, AZJW said:

No such plumbing on my 2021 US model.  Hopefully someone with a Euro5 model will have some guidance on this.

Mine is a Euro5. Solenoid valve is where pointed couple of posts above.

Other than removing the tubes from the throttle body and plug them + running a tube from the tank vent same as the Euro 4 procedure, I just removed the tubing but left the valve in place and plugged independently the IN and OUT with a piece of silicone tube + screw. 

(Most important, being a race mod,  red silicone tubing MUST be used.  Bike will gain at least 5Hp..... 😁😁)

image.jpeg.20c0e1b62b9223cc9172f40bdf5538f4.jpegimage.jpeg.17b0f8c407742babe33ebe12bbfbb7af.jpeg

Edited by andy74rc

Regarding solenoid valve, no need to leave it. I deleted charcoal canister with the solenoid valve. And plugged 2w resistor straight to a valve connector and taped it.

I have no errors on dash. You just need to measure resistance of that valve, if I remember correctly it was sth like 22ohms. 🙂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

2022 E5 has solenoid valve as above. Measured 25 Ohms. Guess it is a mod to stop hot start problem. Stays shut during hot start probably. Not tested this. When canister deleted the hoses that go to this valve can be removed making a little better air flow round the cylinder head. Much tidier.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I pulled the stock tank and put a clear Acerbis tank on. The open vent line brought me here. I pulled the cannister and hoses to the solenoid and weighed it - 1 pound even. I decided to just cap the solenoid and leave the electronics alone; the hose to the throttle bodies isn't long. Between the tank and cannister I save 4 pounds AND added fuel capacity. 

• Like 3

Plan on doing this with some other mods?

am in work at the moment, can anyone confirm the fuel line and cap size? I have seen both 4mm and 5mm listed in other posts online

debating to remove solenoid valve or just fit blanking caps like others have done

cheers.

2 hours ago, john_aero said:

Plan on doing this with some other mods?

am in work at the moment, can anyone confirm the fuel line and cap size? I have seen both 4mm and 5mm listed in other posts online

debating to remove solenoid valve or just fit blanking caps like others have done

cheers.

I’d like to know this as well.  Need to order parts and then find some spare time 👍👍