Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How To Remove Your Charcoal Canister

BMRT7

7 minutes ago, Redneckj said:

I’d like to know this as well.  Need to order parts and then find some spare time 👍👍

I just ordered a selection of pipe caps from amazon €7.50 so worth having in tool box

fuel line I found both 5mm and 4.5mm so I'm sorted.

• 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, RMMark said:

Can someone clarify the ID of the new fuel line that you would need to have to do this mod please? 

just buy about 2 feet of fuel hose and feed it to the ground

• 1 month later...

I did this at the same time as getting my ecu flashed. Maybe it’s me from riding another bike but cracking the throttle from full close during riding feels a bit sticky. Anyone else feel this?

Am I missing something but is there a real reason for removing the canister? If it is weight then I suggest having a good shite before you ride. :topes

Edited by Rider 101
  • Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

12 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

Am I missing something but is there a real reason for removing the canister? If it is weight then I suggest having a good shite before you ride. :topes

if i have to explain it to you then you wouldn't understand.  An no it's not the weight. Good luck with your shite. 

Must be a seppo thing. I don't personally know anyone in Oz that has bothered.

And btw don't be so bloody condescending.  :finger

Edited by Rider 101

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

3rd sentence in the first post of this thread answers your question.....

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS