Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Gore-Tex Adventure Wear

Shneor

27 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Just went for a test ride wearing my new Klim Latitude jacket. NICE. I'm 6'2'' and about 200 lbs (should be 185 lb! 😆) and got a large. Initially I got an XL as I wanted to have room for layers -- being that I live in the north. But when it arrived it was to large. Shoulder and elbow protection all slid to the wrong places and arm length was ridiculous. So sent it back and got a large. Large fits me really good. Arm length is generous and torso length is good. Chest is pretty good, but a little snug with all my layers on, but probably right on.  I don't have a big chest, so if you do I don't know if this jacket would work. I rode tonight with thin pile jacket and a small down coat. I think there is also room enough for my down vest which I wear between my pile jacket and down coat when it gets below 5C.

In regards to sizing it is like Klim is missing a size between L and XL. XL is really 2XL- and L is L-. Quality and look of the jacket is awesome. Way better than I expected. By far away the highest quality jacket I have ever owned. Considering how our weather in the north has gone to hell in the summer (cold and rainy) this jacket will be a good addition to my kit. Also looks really good.

Hi,

I've also just bought the same jacket in large. I'm 6 3 and 189 lb and I'm pleased with the fitting. I rode to work yesterday early and coolish morning with no base layer and was fine. Coming home it was 26C 80F or something) and I opened all the vents and they work so well. Amazing. The quality of the jacket is outstanding and great that there are so many pockets. My only complaint is I wish the back protector extended further like a proper old school wearable one. It feels heavy as a jacket (that's a good thing) but when you wear it, it feels lighter than any jacket I've owned.

I'm so pleased with the investment. A real do it all jacket. Off roading and touring.

Matching pants should be here next week!

Then I'll test it out for real at the end of the month on a 1400 mile tour of Scotland.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I wear a KLIM Latitude suit with LD comfort base layer for all riding.