Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2022 Tenere 700 rumours? Release date?

tenere700man

While I wait for my 2021 Tenere 700 to come in, I wonder if anyone has heard anything about the 2022’s?  I heard no mechanical changes but just colours updated?  Wonder if it’s worth the extra wait since this season is half over already. 

@tenere700man

Truthfully I would be surprised if you saw much in the way of changes other than possibly colors.

Think about how long this bike was in development, and the fact that the European version was out for a year before the North American model arrived. There have been a lot of test miles logged without much in the way of bug fixes.

As far as color changes go the plastics aren't that expensive and there always seem to be people out there that want to trade. With the waiting that still seems to be going on to get one, I would just get what you can when you can.

I got mine in June of last year, had to wait to get my wife's until Nov. haven't regretted a single minute, this bike is far more capable than I am off road, and from an old road racer it's on road prowess are remarkable.

This bike is just fun no matter where I go.  

• Like 1

Considering 2021 North American bikes are basically 2020 euro models,  I would say we can bet our 2022 will be the current 2021 euro bike.

I fully expect we will get the same changes.  Updated pipe, and the swingarm will get the threaded points for spools like the euro models.  North American MT-07 already has the exhaust with the catalytic converter moved to the front.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to have 2 different exhausts.  

Other than that I would be surprised to see any more changes for North American models.

Great point on the cat position, I already have a skid plate for the 2021 and I forgot about the euro 5 new cat placement. Thanks

The eruo 5 cat in the front is nothing more than a big ugly wart. 

I heard a rumor that the 2022 T7 s were going to be a completely different animal.

The new model will be tipping the scales at 300lbs, making 110 brake horsepower , have Olins forks and shock.

Just kidding, we will be lucky if the ‘22s get here before 23.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

this is pure speculation with no source info what-so-ever, but I heart somewhere that there will be refresh this autumn and T7 get bigger tank.

long range coming

Yamaha-Tenere-700-travel-model-spied-3.j

With so many “spy shots” of future bikes hitting the news lately, some have been prompted to question their origin. Take this latest sighting: a divergent Yamaha Tenere 700 cruising rather conspicuously on a road. True...

Edited by delirium

Little bird told me that Yamaha will be releasing 2022 motorcycle information July 8th, not sure if this is just for the YZ/YZF moto and off road information. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

It’s been a couple of months since the last post. Has anyone heard anything new for 2022?  I’m about to put a deposit down on one and am curious. The sales guy hadn’t heard anything yet. 

The only news I have is a local shop just got 2 T7's as rentals last week (2021 model years), but still no news on 2022's...

I have been waiting for my T7 for a while now and I'm not sure how much longer I can wait before grabbing an Africa.  I live in Colorado and the mountains will be under snow soon.  

On 6/18/2021 at 7:52 PM, williestreet said:

Considering 2021 North American bikes are basically 2020 euro models,  I would say we can bet our 2022 will be the current 2021 euro bike.

I fully expect we will get the same changes.  Updated pipe, and the swingarm will get the threaded points for spools like the euro models.  North American MT-07 already has the exhaust with the catalytic converter moved to the front.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to have 2 different exhausts.  

Other than that I would be surprised to see any more changes for North American models.

Maybe this has been asked somewhere. Haven't seen an answer.

Is the 2022 T7 in the US going to be same as the 2021, or are they going to go to the Euro5 configuration?  My dealer couldn't say.

Have one on order. I wonder what other changes they made to meet emissions regs. Leaner mix, runs hotter, power loss . . . all seem possible.

:

Not to get anyone’s hopes up but saw a post on FB today about the 2022 T7s being announced in two weeks.  I know I know it’s Facebook but hey we can dream right?!?

o mate. that's the same image thy used last year.. long range criteria as well.  i dont think its true.

would love to see a more heavy engine installed of the mt 09 for example 😛

On 9/6/2021 at 9:53 AM, Ainm Taispeána said:

I saw that too.  It seems odd that in all of the interwebs, only one random person on Facebook has the inside scoop.  I'd bet money that it won't be revealed until November.

Talked to a dealership day before yesterday and was told Yamaha is supposed to announce the 2022s on the 15th. Fingers crossed the announcement says the 22s will be here this year!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2022-Yamaha-ah-ha-mazing-Bikes-title.jpg

2022 Yamaha-ah-ha-mazing Bikes! Inspired by history and celebrating Yamaha’s 60 years of Grand Prix motorcycle road racing a ton of new bikes arrives! Special Red and White Liveries for the new 2022 Yamaha YZF-R1...

No info on the 22's T7's but I doubt they change much of anything on the 22's for NA.

18 minutes ago, Ainm Taispeána said:

Any changes other than color, cat, and price?

I'm not seeing any.

Specification is on each countries Yamaha site. Two boring colours, glad I got the red/white now, as the new Rally is basically my bike now I've added the various accessories, apart from the gold wheels.

Edited by Burnsey

The only thing that looks different to me is the radiator hoses going from the water pump to the radiator itself look slightly corrugated. 

4 minutes ago, Firebolter said:

1846846621_ScreenShot2021-11-22at11_50_37AM.png.4813ecf99b9ce86f2a3618f37958f2dc.pngLooks like they added some cover to the exhaust-

That was the same on my 2021. 

36 minutes ago, Firebolter said:

1846846621_ScreenShot2021-11-22at11_50_37AM.png.4813ecf99b9ce86f2a3618f37958f2dc.pngLooks like they added some cover to the exhaust-

That's the euro5 header that was put in production in eu last year. They've put it on the north american bike now. The plate is covering the cat.

Edited by devind93
  • Like 1

Any of our euro members have insight on what issues might be encountered when swapping out the euro 5 header? I would be inclined to swap it for the Euro4 pipe. Would more than a tune be necessary after the swap? I hate the look and already have parts in my stack that are incompatible with it. I've been on my dealers waiting list for 6 months 😑

Edited by devind93

1 minute ago, devind93 said:

Any of our euro members have insight on what issues might be encountered when swapping out the euro 5 header? I would be inclined to swap it for the Euro4 pipe. I hate the look and already have parts in my stack that are incompatible with it. I've been on my dealers waiting list for 6 months 😑

I had the Rally bash plate fitted. Can't see it now...

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 1