Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Specific Barkbuster bar clamp interfering with clutch cable.

Johno

Hello hive!  I have the T7 specific barkbusters and find that with the Barkbuster rotated further down than recommended and my clutch perch rotated down to where it's comfortable for me, the clutch cable rests hard against the sharp edge of the bar mount. Not a good thing for cable longevity. Because I ride mainly offroad in a standing position I would like my clutch rotated further down but can't do that without rotating the Barkbuster even more. I have put a piece of padding between the cable and the clamp to try and save the cable. 
Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Any solutions that don't require sending Barkbuster any more of my hard earned cash?

IMG_9058.jpg

IMG_9059.jpg

IMG_9060.jpg

• Like 1

I sent a message to Barbuster and the reply was...... "We have a specific kit for the Tenere 700 that we have tested in our factory on the bike with no interferences what so ever." ... I'm calling bullshit.

• Like 3

Are you able to flip the handle bar bracket upside down to gain more clearance?  I think it needs a ball and socket in there somewhere.

• Like 1

Unfortunately not.  I got this reply from Barkbusters this morning, "

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We will definitely have another look at the bike.

Unfortunately, we cannot work on everybody preferred riding position and only work on the stock bike as it comes out of the dealership.

But yes, our B-054 is the correct part number for that swivel and it should offer you enough clearance.

Below is a screenshot of our factory fit up.

image.thumb.png.8da9da8208e8406c5dd8473c544a7290.png
  • Like 3

Have you tried rotating the clutch perch further down and the barkbuster clamp slightly higher,routing the cable under the clamp?

Yes, unfortunately the Barkbuster would be a little too high. I prefer that it's too low in case of a fall. Good thought though.

I hadn't noticed it hitting on mine. I will check when I get home from work. 

I've got same BBusters. I noticed same thing. Ziptied the cable as seen. Cable now lays behind bolt head, and more of a straight pull, as well. Happy. 

That swivel from BB looks like the ticket for you, OP. It can't cost that much, compared to the joy you will feel having a tidy setup. If you were looking for cheapest accessories, you wouldn't have bought BBs. So I guess you will have to cough up the dough to be happy. 

IMG_20210630_060704.jpg

Edited by ahamay
  • Like 5

Offcamber....it looks like you prefer to have your clutch lever almost parallel to the ground. Is this correct? My issue is that most of my riding offroad is standing and I need the clutch rotated further down.

ahamay.....I'm going to give the zipty a go. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

I have not rotated my clutch forward and down, so you may not have same happiness. That elbow with the dog leg would be nice if zippy doesn't work.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Johno said:

Offcamber....it looks like you prefer to have your clutch lever almost parallel to the ground. Is this correct? My issue is that most of my riding offroad is standing and I need the clutch rotated further down.

I didn't move mine from the factory position and it seems okay for me. I also have the Camel ADV one finger clutch arm so that make clutch us very easy. I can see if you rotate the clutch handle down how the cable will hit the BB mount.  I guess that supports BBs statement that it worked on there factory test bike. 

You could just rotate the BB up a bit so the cable clears. Your lever would still be protected. 

Edited by Offcamber

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know where to get above mentioned clamp in EU? I changed the handelbar postion to more upright and it's impossible to set barkbusters now.

If is set barkbusters below the clutch cable then barkbusters are too low and vice versa...

Or does someone has any alternatives?

barkbuster.jpg

• Sad 1

I have the same issue and cannot rotate my clutch lever down to the desired location.  Looks like the ziptie is the answer - thanks @ahamay

2 hours ago, TenereTragic700 said:

I have the same issue and cannot rotate my clutch lever down to the desired location.  Looks like the ziptie is the answer - thanks @ahamay

Thumbs up thingy.

$17 each and no stock in the US - B-054

You would wonder why you buy a bike specific kit and the fit is not correct.

image.png.19951ccd5ff60c9ba6f9f7e4eefddfc4.png

• Like 1

The fit is correct if you are not changing rotation of clutch lever, or desire rotating the busters. But if you want to change things up, they do make an alternative arm. Whether you can find it or not is another matter. Come on mate. Get real.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wizna!

Thanks for the information. The clamp is out of stock but I will contact the seller for giving information.

Regards

Sigi

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 6:31 AM, TenereTragic700 said:

$17 each and no stock in the US - B-054

You would wonder why you buy a bike specific kit and the fit is not correct.

image.png.19951ccd5ff60c9ba6f9f7e4eefddfc4.png

Just ordered two of these.  Plenty of stock in the US as far as I was told (from the US Importer and Distributor).

I may not need them, but I hate doing labor twice for the same job, haha.

• Like 1