Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High exhaust advice

Guys

Afternoon from sunny Scotland,  I’ve recently purchased a t7 2021 and looking into the high exhaust options. Has anyone gone for the Huzar one from Poland if so any problems with it? Any other high exhaust advice appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Not seen the Huzar, but the one from 'OFF THE ROAD' in Germany looks my favourite.  Not sure if they are ready for shipping yet. But available soon,  if not now.

hp-corse_yat700sp1300ht-ab-sp-1-short-ti

HC Corse exhaust SP-1 Titan Short HIGH Yamaha Tenere 700 - HP Corse Yamaha Tenere 700 SPS-1 Titan Short High Silencer Often requested, often tried, but now avaiable in a perfect version. A special Ten

Edited by Devon Longdude
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Guys said:

Afternoon from sunny Scotland,  I’ve recently purchased a t7 2021 and looking into the high exhaust options. Has anyone gone for the Huzar one from Poland if so any problems with it? Any other high exhaust advice appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Hate to be that guy but did you try to search?

Type Huzar in the search bar and you get a bunch of threads.  Namely this one happy reading.

J

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goldentaco said:

Hate to be that guy but did you try to search?

Type Huzar in the search bar and you get a bunch of threads.  Namely this one happy reading.

J

Hi J, don’t be that guy then, I sure did do a search and already saw this post. I’m new to the forum and thought I’d start a new post as maybe they’re would be fresh faces and new info to share, it’s a forum to chat not just search.  Devon Longdude hadn’t heard of Hazar but now he has due to my post. 

cheers 

Edited by Guys
  • Like 1

I enjoy these topics because there is STILL NO CONSENSUS on the high exhaust for the Tenere 700. It drives me mad. There is literally only one widely available commercial option right now, and that's Camel ADV. Huzzar too, but I wouldn't say they're exactly easy to order from. Damn I sure wish there were more though.

Edit: I did Huzzar. No way in hell am I going to pay $600 for a freakin HP Corse Muffler.

Edited by loneranger700
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, loneranger700 said:

I enjoy these topics because there is STILL NO CONSENSUS on the high exhaust for the Tenere 700. It drives me mad. There is literally only one widely available commercial option right now, and that's Camel ADV. Huzzar too, but I wouldn't say they're exactly easy to order from. Damn I sure wish there were more though.

So what "Consensus" are you expecting?  

There are a few options for high exhausts.  Camel ADV, Huzar, HP Corse, Endy Brutale is about as low profile as Camel ADV.

Sure you can't order Huzar from their website but what's wrong with emailing the vendor and paying via paypal and receiving an international product a few weeks later?  There's a 10 page thread of people who did just that on this site and the ordering process is on ADV as well as other dual sport forums.   

• Like 2

I ordered from huzar website,they emailed to confirm my order was correct and I informed them that I didn't speak Polish, after that we communicated in English. I'm very pleased with the exhaust,easy to fit and looks great.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Solitary1 said:

I ordered from huzar website,they emailed to confirm my order was correct and I informed them that I didn't speak Polish, after that we communicated in English. I'm very pleased with the exhaust,easy to fit and looks great.

That's great.  They are set up to sell to the UK and EU but not to USA or Canada and I suspect AUS too.  Their reasoning to me was the hassle of dealing with returns if there was shipping damage.  Most of us in NA accepted that if it was damaged or lost in shipping, we'd eat the cost.  Or at least that's what I told them.  So far I don't think anyone's Huzar has showed up damaged or unusable.

J

• Like 1

Well, Huzar black powder coated high exhaust ordered. The website is a tad clunky but I found the guys email address on another thread and did the deal by email, requested a paypal payment, paid it and had a shipping order within the 24hrs. He said it would be 4 days approx for delivery to Scotland. First mod in progress.

The email address is biuro@huzarexhaust.eu so if anyone's having difficulty via the website just contact him directly. Very helpful guy and might see him touring Scotland at some point.

Hadn't heard of the Endy Brutale exhaust @Goldentaco. It looks a beast but I definitely prefer the huzar exhaust line.

• Like 1

I've had the Huzar on my T7 for a few months, very impressed. Emailed, placed order, PayPal, 21 days Poland to Dallas. 

Edited by sracer
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 12:31 AM, kamikaze said:

group  buy for the hp corse?

I like their exhaust but at +500 odd euros then shipping then import duty’s it’s a bit in the expensive side for me ☹️

I installed the Huzar on my T7 and have been pretty happy with it, but am a bit concerned that the bike is running lean.  I pulled the spark plug to have a look and the general consensus among my more knowledgeable friends is that it MAY indicate a lean condition. Has anyone actually taken their bike in to have it tested?  Or flashed the CPU?  BTW, I'm running the short midpipe, short can, and rear DB killer.

1 hour ago, Leojb said:

I installed the Huzar on my T7 and have been pretty happy with it, but am a bit concerned that the bike is running lean.  I pulled the spark plug to have a look and the general consensus among my more knowledgeable friends is that it MAY indicate a lean condition. Has anyone actually taken their bike in to have it tested?  Or flashed the CPU?  BTW, I'm running the short midpipe, short can, and rear DB killer.

Leo.

I had the same thought but my end can had lots of sooty black at the end.  I bought a PLX AFR meter and an Innovate MOtorsports exhaust clamp housing.

I'm running the High exit 50cm can ( long can) and whatever midpipe they send with that kit.

I know the positioning with this setup is not ideal but I was getting readings that seemed correct and I found fueling at WOT was correct.  A better positioned Wideband closer to the exhaust ports would give a better reading, but in the exhaust can I believe readings could be .5 leaner than actual trim since it's after the cat.  I can't remember the actual readings but the result was I wasn't concerned with fueling and haven't gone further with diagnosis.  I though my issue was with the air filters I was running ( Unifilter oiled drop in and oiled prefilter).  

If you want to borrow the setup and try it out a bit shoot me a PM.  Only thing you'll need is an SAE plug to power the unit on and download the app.

This wideband is cool.  it has two channels.  One to act as a replacement for your stock sensor and the second to send realtime date to the app.  Theoretically, one could tap into the ECU O2 signal with tis second channel to run the setup in the OEM location for testing.  I haven't become curious enough to go that route just yet.

Know and tune your car's power with the world's most innovative wideband sensors, gauges, and kits. Read temp, pressure, wideband, vacuum, boost, & much more.

I ordered direct from Italy 2 days ago as soon as I saw the Corse high exhaust was live for purchase.  It’s en route to the US via FedEx now.

26136C37-5B67-4D71-887C-007695F24E3B.jpeg

F0C803CC-8063-47C5-9897-353FEF11361B.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, One Man Trail said:

I ordered direct from Italy 2 days ago as soon as I saw the Corse high exhaust was live for purchase.  It’s en route to the US via FedEx now.

Nice, where are u located ?

how much did u pay total in your door

share how the installation goes

43 minutes ago, kamikaze said:

Nice, where are u located ?

how much did u pay total in your door

share how the installation goes

The conversion in USD is about $576 and $80 shipping, or 490Euro and 70Euro shipping to California 

Edited by One Man Trail

• Moderators

@One Man Trail That "Off The Road" system is a simple, clean setup that looks really sharp. The company website details didn't include any information regarding a spark arrestor for off road use. Any insight on that?  Also,  please post up pics after your install, specifically from the rear showing the exhaust tip position in relation to the oem  turn signal. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

25 minutes ago, AZJW said:

@One Man Trail That "Off The Road" system is a simple, clean setup that looks really sharp. The company website details didn't include any information regarding a spark arrestor for off road use. Any insight on that?  Also,  please post up pics after your install, specifically from the rear showing the exhaust tip position in relation to the oem  turn signal. 

Nothing specific on the spark arrester that I’ve seen. I’ll add one if it doesn’t have it of course. It is Euro 5 compliant, but I don’t know how Euro 5 handles spark arresters if any. 
Also, probably won’t have any pics with the stock turn signals. Those are going in the trash immediately. 

On 8/6/2021 at 9:23 AM, Goldentaco said:

Leo.

I had the same thought but my end can had lots of sooty black at the end.  I bought a PLX AFR meter and an Innovate MOtorsports exhaust clamp housing.

I'm running the High exit 50cm can ( long can) and whatever midpipe they send with that kit.

I know the positioning with this setup is not ideal but I was getting readings that seemed correct and I found fueling at WOT was correct.  A better positioned Wideband closer to the exhaust ports would give a better reading, but in the exhaust can I believe readings could be .5 leaner than actual trim since it's after the cat.  I can't remember the actual readings but the result was I wasn't concerned with fueling and haven't gone further with diagnosis.  I though my issue was with the air filters I was running ( Unifilter oiled drop in and oiled prefilter).  

If you want to borrow the setup and try it out a bit shoot me a PM.  Only thing you'll need is an SAE plug to power the unit on and download the app.

This wideband is cool.  it has two channels.  One to act as a replacement for your stock sensor and the second to send realtime date to the app.  Theoretically, one could tap into the ECU O2 signal with tis second channel to run the setup in the OEM location for testing.  I haven't become curious enough to go that route just yet.

Thanks for your info Jon.  I've been doing a little more research into this issue, and have come to the conclusion that the popping, burbling sound I'm getting on decel is most caused by the ECU shutting off the injectors completely when the throttle is closed.  That's why the noise was also present with the stock pipe, though not as noticeable.  Coupled with the results you got with the exhaust meter, I'm much less concerned.   Might want to borrow your setup just for fun, but I don't have any time in the next couple of weeks.  Thanks again.

I still feel the best option for high exhaust, involves cutting off the stock bracket. The muffler ends up further forward and tucked in nicely. No problems with melted turn signals. This is a custom install I did, pipe is fabricated from SS tube. There have been a number of similar conversions done. I wish someone would put a unit like this into production. Muffler is titanium with spark arrestor added. Quiet and light weight. 

FAB110E2-397E-4A4D-8457-3780A13CD0D5.jpeg

• Like 6

Good job @Richarddd.  Nicely tucked and out of the way.  I sure wish a smaller can, way smaller, could be used on the bike.  It's as big as a car muffler for gawd sake.  

2 hours ago, Landshark said:

Good job @Richarddd.  Nicely tucked and out of the way.  I sure wish a smaller can, way smaller, could be used on the bike.  It's as big as a car muffler for gawd sake.  

There was a guy working on using a huzzar pipe and a KX450F muffler. Sharp looking muffler and super cheap.

• Like 1