Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

RideADV rear racks

MikeCMP

3 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

depends. When I am doing a bdr or longer serious ride with harder off road expected, I will run them. Day to day I usually run my Outback moto trek racks since my daughter likes to go for a ride and the ride adv racks replace the pillion pegs.

i think the Outback racks are nice, recommend them as well honestly.

after my experience on the WYBDR with my t7 and Mosko luggage I kinda went on a weight purge. I got some Kreiga os bags an a generic holder for my CRF300, and got my entire luggage weight down to like 25 pounds with my tent and food for 4 days. Each Mosko bag weighed 10 pounds empty, plus racks.

they are nice for a road trip though. I did pioneer tje fancy welding job on the rally raid racks to make them work with a camel tank, so I might use those with my Kreiga bags and go nice a light 

sorry for the rambling message!

Mike

So they are built for the harder stuff, good to know. I'm planning on mainly doing bdr rides with my Tenere and maybe some quick camping trips locally. The Outbacks look nice also but kinda big for my needs. 

Have you used your Kriega bags with the RideADV racks? I was thinking of using the OS-18's on the Rideadv rack but can't seem to find any info or images of that combination. If you ever get a chance, can you measure the rectangular part of the rack?

@MikeCMP  No need to measure, I found some photos on RideADV's facebook with the Kriega set up. Looks like they fit well. Now I just need to figure out which would work best, Rally Raid or RideADV rack.

Solo (2).jpg

Solo (1).jpg

• Like 1