Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

The Future T7

RIDER GUIDER

i would hope the next model will have more appropriate rear spring rate / shock. i find the front ok.

13 hours ago, RIDER GUIDER said:

OMG I want them RallyRaid pannier frames!  How about 103 quids postage to Australia?

Postage aint cheap but... you want them you will sell the kids playstation.

In all seriousness though, I chose them because they are fairly unobtrusive and totally solid... we all know the issue of bending the exhaust bracket and these add a ton of rigidity to it!

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 3:42 AM, Cruizin said:

I'd like to see a more Barebones T-7 with slimmer tank/fairings and better suspension. I'd like to see Yamaha remodel a more dirt worthy version that's 75 lbs lighter.  I can ride the T7 offroad almost anywhere, but unlike my dirtbikes I would not be able to lift the bike by myself on a hillside and there are some really remote trails here in Idaho that I avoid on this bike. 

Sounds to me like you'd want a modern version of the XT500...... the delights of a light, simple and reliable single cylinder 500. Let's call it the T5 -it  would be my ideal machine. I'd even consider it if it had two cylinders!

• Like 1

That’s what I thought Honda were doing with their cb500 engine. Then they misfired. 
id love a “T5”. Would still keep my 7 though. Bigger open roads. And it looks better than most bikes in the market at the mo. 

14 hours ago, Poacher said:

Postage aint cheap but... you want them you will sell the kids playstation.

In all seriousness though, I chose them because they are fairly unobtrusive and totally solid... we all know the issue of bending the exhaust bracket and these add a ton of rigidity to it!

I think there'll be an option for cheaper postage using my brother in the UK 😉

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

1 hour ago, Tigerjohn said:

Sounds to me like you'd want a modern version of the XT500...... the delights of a light, simple and reliable single cylinder 500. Let's call it the T5 -it  would be my ideal machine. I'd even consider it if it had two cylinders!

How about a T3?  MT-03 engine is a peach ... I'm hanging out for one of these for my other half.  Fingers crossed because it'd be a blast of a bike.

• Like 2

All I want is tubeless wheels. Adjustable ride height would be cool. A lot of people tell me

ride height takes T7 off there radar. 

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, Wintersdark said:

Ability to turn off ABS on the rear wheel only, leaving it on for the front.

This is the only thing I would wish for from the factory.

• Like 2

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, ahamay said:

I might be in the minority here, but I like the current ABS either completely on or off.   I don't like a computer controlling when my front tire will/ won't stop rolling. I'm not anti ABS, just anti ABS off road, so guess I'm old school in that mindset with 55+ years of dirt riding experience.  I would like an oem solution (easier) to remain in off-road mode that eliminates fiddling with buttons everytime I make a pitstop in the dirt, which, since getting older, happens more frequently.  😉 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

10 hours ago, mcbrien said:

All I want is tubeless wheels. Adjustable ride height would be cool. A lot of people tell me

ride height takes T7 off there radar. 

Actually tubeless would be a great change!

5 hours ago, AZJW said:

I might be in the minority here, but I like the current ABS either completely on or off.   I don't like a computer controlling when my front tire will/ won't stop rolling. I'm not anti ABS, just anti ABS off road, so guess I'm old school in that mindset with 55+ years of dirt riding experience.  I would like an oem solution (easier) to remain in off-road mode that eliminates fiddling with buttons everytime I make a pitstop in the dirt, which, since getting older, happens more frequently.  😉 

AGREE - legislators that know nothing about biking making crap decisions on our behalf.  Ridiculous that Yamaha are made to make it switch on ABS as default.  I'm 37 years riding and only just starting to recognise (believe) the benefit of it on the road so my recent transition to off road has me struggling with not being able to control/skid my rear. 

7 hours ago, ahamay said:

GREAT idea

I only wished i could switch the ABS on and of on the fly.
Today i did the daily commute in the dark and light rain and then i like the ABS on on the black stuff because knobby's do lack a bit of grip on wet tarmac.
Normally i try to think about it when i leave at wordk to turn the ABS off but in wet conditions i like to wait until i reach the dirt and it would be nice not needing to stop and after de dirt again.

8 hours ago, AZJW said:

Yeah, I'd like on-front/off-rear as an option in addition to all-on/off.  Options are good for everyone.  And I wish it'd stay where it's set, but that's probably a lawyer thing and isn't going to change.  

Probably CAN be fixed via ECU flashing, though, just like starting riding modes on the RBW bikes like the MT09. 

On 11/10/2021 at 8:40 PM, RIDER GUIDER said:

I think there'll be an option for cheaper postage using my brother in the UK 😉

And turns out that's a no too ... 20% VAT charged if posted to the UK - damn

Honestly I think most the reply’s in this topic I see as personal preferences which is why they will likely not come to fruition. Also most of it is the fun part of customizing a bike to suit our needs IMO. Except modifying the bikes electronics of course. 

With that said I don’t think I really want anything changed (unless it can loose weight without gaining in $).  I suppose my request might be, to be able to turn the ABS “back on”, on the fly while in motion on the road. I don’t mind stopping for a few sec’s to turn it off. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, DT675 said:

I suppose my request might be, to be able to turn the ABS “back on”, on the fly while in motion on the road. I don’t mind stopping for a few sec’s to turn it off. 

For " rearming" ABS on the fly, I just pull in the clutch, cycle the key, thumb the starter and you're back in street mode.

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

... and here we are for 2022 - new colours

untitled.png

• Like 2

• Moderators

Looks like the only thing that has changed is graphics ( no red on US website) and a $300 bump in price.  Oh, and that relocated cat that @Hammerheadreminded me of.  I see used T700 prices holding and possibly increasing....

Just glad I got last years model before that poorly located cat came about. The old black also looks better with it’s splashes of high vis green. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIDER GUIDER said:

untitled.png

Why does this new model look like they fired the guy that created the T700, and hired the guy that made the Super tenere / XT 600?

3 hours ago, RIDER GUIDER said:

untitled.png

Bastards!!!!!!!  🤯. I was hoping they’d do that for last year when I was waiting! Red and white, speed block and gold rims. Looks like I’ll now have to buy some genuine stickers and some plastics. Hurumph. And some rims. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1