Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

The Future T7

RIDER GUIDER

Yamaha says , available January 2022. Does this mean the dealership will have the bike at that time or you put your money down and wait for a long unknown period of time. My buddy put his money down last March and still doesn’t have his bike. 

So the red and white is the rally edition with the usual extras. Which I was asking dealers last year  if it would come next, following the sky blue. I think Yamaha and it’s dealers are in a loveless marriage, and don’t talk to each other. Fine. But why don’t they just allow you to specify some options when you buy, like the rims? Like any car dealer would. Oh well. At least it will all be available on the parts catalogue next year. 🤞
anyone want some black rims?🤔

Edited by Dougie
Updated

9 minutes ago, Dougie said:

So the red and white is the rally edition with the usual extras. Which I was asking dealers last year  if it would come next, following the sky blue. I think Yamaha and it’s dealers are in a loveless marriage, and don’t talk to each other. Fine. But why don’t they just allow you to specify some options when you buy, like the rims? Like any car dealer would. Oh well. At least it will all be available on the parts catalogue next year. 🤞

When I was in for service last week, there were three pre-sold brand new Rally's sat waiting for PDI's and if there was stock when I bought, I would have had one for sure. But went red/white and added everything but the seat and wheels and now I am really happy, as now I don't think I would have ended up keeping the blue Rally.

I had a 1250GS Rally, but specified black wheels, so never been a fan of gold.

3 minutes ago, Burnsey said:

When I was in for service last week, there were three pre-sold brand new Rally's sat waiting for PDI's and if there was stock when I bought, I would have had one for sure. But went red/white and added everything but the seat and wheels and now I am really happy, as now I don't think I would have ended up keeping the blue Rally.

I had a 1250GS Rally, but specified black wheels, so never been a fan of gold.

I am quite lazy when it comes to cleaning wheels so would need a large coffee to keep gold rims clean😁. But I was always going to make it look like my ‘86. At least the genuine stickers will be available next year. The tail unit is only about £100. Side panels not much. Oh, and the white mudguard. But £500 for the rims, 🤮, so may have to get mine repainted/coated when the tyres next get swapped. I bet they’ll do a 1Vj look in 2023 once I’ve put the ‘83 look stickers on🤔😂

• Haha 1

New for 2022!  Subliminal message.  You need 2 of the 2022.  Two T7's.  Just 2.  

5 minutes ago, Landshark said:

New for 2022!  Subliminal message.  You need 2 of the 2022.  Two T7's.  Just 2.  

Think you been reading too many Dan brown novels, 😁but like the outcome. One for touring, one for Sunday best🤔

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dougie said:

I'll take the rims 😄

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

2 hours ago, RIDER GUIDER said:

I'll take the rims 😄

We could all do with a “jamboree” and throw in all our unwanted stuff, and collect what we need. A big swap. Throw in some beer. …….🤔😁🍺

• Like 2