Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Highway Pegs- Ahhhhhh so nice now

NeilW

I just mounted and tested Happy Trail universal mount highway pegs. I am in heaven. With my Seat concepts upgrade, Touratech adjustable windscreen, Atlas Throttle lock and now highway pegs, I have my perfect touring adventure bike setup. Here is my review. Comments always welcome

happy-trails-universal-clamp-on-highway-

Happy Trails Universal Clamp-On Highway Pegs Review: Our Yamaha Ténéré 700 Project Bike gets set-up for long-distance touring.

• Like 3

Have you put any miles down with these installed?  How were they?  When you fold them up, is it a positive engagement keeping them folded or do they flop around?  Looking for a highway peg option for my upcoming trip to AK so these are definitely on the list.

2 minutes ago, AngryNeutron said:

Have you put any miles down with these installed?  How were they?  When you fold them up, is it a positive engagement keeping them folded or do they flop around?  Looking for a highway peg option for my upcoming trip to AK so these are definitely on the list.

Thanks for asking, all your questions are answered in my review. I put them in along with the seat concepts standard height seat and did a three hour non stop ride.  Simulating gas stop to gas stop. They definite stay UP. Definite detent in the up and down positions. Please read my review. 

5 minutes ago, NeilW said:

Thanks for asking, all your questions are answered in my review. I put them in along with the seat concepts standard height seat and did a three hour non stop ride.  Simulating gas stop to gas stop. They definite stay UP. Definite detent in the up and down positions. Please read my review. 

Were they?  Must have missed the bit about the detent.  Thanks for the help.

10 minutes ago, AngryNeutron said:

Were they?  Must have missed the bit about the detent.  Thanks for the help.

oops. the detent and stay in position question didn't make the final cut. I will get it added back in. Thanks for noticing.

12 hours ago, NeilW said:

I just mounted and tested Happy Trail universal mount highway pegs. I am in heaven. With my Seat concepts upgrade, Touratech adjustable windscreen, Atlas Throttle lock and now highway pegs, I have my perfect touring adventure bike setup. Here is my review. Comments always welcome

happy-trails-universal-clamp-on-highway-

Happy Trails Universal Clamp-On Highway Pegs Review: Our Yamaha Ténéré 700 Project Bike gets set-up for long-distance touring.

Hard tail and girder forks next? 😉

• Haha 2