Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Brake light flasher - Do you pump your brakes to flash your brake light ?

NeilW

1 hour ago, ADVUSA said:

They definately help.  I've used hyperlites   in the past:  

Hyper-Lites flashing led motorcycle brake lights are fully potted to make them water proof and shock resistant. We offer a full line of led, safety and accessory products for your bike

and will use them again.   I've noticed immediately aggressive drives back off!  I even had one driver state:  "wow those lights,  I really see you"  etc.

I have hyperlites on my touring bike up on the luggage rack as high at possible. Have you read some of the anti brake flashing responses? Those that have them are glad they do and some of those that don’t think they make you a target. Interesting reactions. 
i appreciate everyone’s comments. 

Occasionally pulse brake lights with the front lever when engine braking because it activates the light with minimal braking. Rear signals also serve as added running & brake lights. Though they apparently can out shine the signals. Brake lights deserve priority in my head anyway. 
   Best habit to keep in practice is the back to basics defensive mirror glance when slowing though. Always good to know what’s happening back there anytime you’re dumping speed. 
   Can understand these viz vest safety obsessed desensitization arguments too. Some of the emergency vehicles these days are lit up like Christmas trees with seizure inducing strobes that are just way over the top. Make your bike look like that & who knows if it’s really a help or hinderance to your overall safety. 

• Like 1

I had a set of hyperlites that ive moved from bike to bike for years. When I sold my tiger for the t7 I forgot to take them off the bike....

29 minutes ago, S.Ga.Rider said:

I had a set of hyperlites that ive moved from bike to bike for years. When I sold my tiger for the t7 I forgot to take them off the bike....

Well that is a bummer. I have hyperlites on the trunk rack of my Yamaha Venture. They are eye level to a car driver and bright. 

• Like 1