Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ECU Flash return shipping

roygilbo

Hi all, who have had their ECU's flashed at 2WheelDynoWorks and returned to Canada.

I shipped mine to them from BC and they turned it around same day - what great service - (Mar 18th).  The return shipping was via USPS Priority Express International, but it has been held up in "Customs Clearance" at ICS Los Angeles (USPS) since the 22nd!  

How long has it taken to return it to you in Canada if you have used their service? @2 Wheel DynoWorks will be tracking it down for me tomorrow (will report back what they say), but I am wondering if anyone else has had these Customs Clearance delays and how long it took for you to get it back.  

Many thanks... can't ride without an ECU.  

I sent mine to them a few weeks ago...

I mailed it Canada Post express...got there in 4 days...they had it flashed and back in the USPS the next day.

Tracking showed that it went to SanFranciso .....which is weird as they are in the northwest..where it sat for a couple days....next tracking showed it held in Customs...sat there for 2 days...then made it to me the next day.

All in it was aprox 2 wks door to door...Customs dinged me $44

58yrs old/brother/husband/father/paramedic/soldier🇨🇦 

Would think you would be a lot less time bein on that side of the country 

Did yours go to Frisco before making it to Customs??

PS  When mine was showing "held in customs" I emailed 2WD....they emailed right back...said "your customs dept is...well...fukd"  ....I agreed

It'll sho wup as soon as you stop worryin....as long as you worry it'll hang....always the way  😎

• Like 1

Lemme know what you think of the low speed partial throttle behaviour...hearing some feedback about needing to unplug the 02 sensor ....the bike runs in closed loop at low rpm partial throttle settings ...and apparently has hiccups there...unplugging forces things into open loop all the time which follows the new reflash mapping...

Weather still sucky here so i havent had but a quick couple rips

3 hours ago, Terez said:

Would think you would be a lot less time bein on that side of the country 

Did yours go to Frisco before making it to Customs??

PS  When mine was showing "held in customs" I emailed 2WD....they emailed right back...said "your customs dept is...well...fukd"  ....I agreed

Pony route so far, see attached.  Carson CA then LA. 

5D67DD46-A03D-43A3-AD82-302DF76D29F9.jpeg

• Supporting Vendor

USPS and Canadian Customs have been getting worse and worse at communicating over the past year. USPS is by far the best way for us to send ECUs inside the USA, but for our northern neighbors the system now crawls (even when "Express" is paid for). We'll be switching over to another shipper for our international orders this week because of these growing issues. They never get lost; they just take forever.

• Like 1

2wheellogo.jpg

All good man...hardly your fault

we are pretty used to it🙄

again ...your flash seems awesome

good value and excellent work👍

7 hours ago, 2 Wheel DynoWorks said:

USPS and Canadian Customs have been getting worse and worse at communicating over the past year. USPS is by far the best way for us to send ECUs inside the USA, but for our northern neighbors the system now crawls (even when "Express" is paid for). We'll be switching over to another shipper for our international orders this week because of these growing issues. They never get lost; they just take forever.

Happy to say it is on the move after a week in customs.  Can’t wait to plug it in as others are very impressed.  
Nice to hear you will be switching carriers and thanks for putting up with my anxiousness.  FD98677E-F0D9-4619-B6C4-3083CF24B4B0.thumb.png.1c0a1073c1e4e6adb842988f8781b495.png

• Like 1

I had mine done in early '21 and it was about 2wks there and back.

I import a lot of goods into Canada now, and ANYTHING coming into the west coast regardless of method is super slow. Dock unloading, Warehousing, customs clearance and transport are all super slow. Usually used to get (pre-pandemic sea freight) shipments from NZ in 5 weeks door to door. Last one took 13 weeks.

As for the low speed partial throttle behavior, its fine. What exhaust/intake are you running? I have the Camel pipe and Uni (Aussie) filter with trimmed snorkel and fueling is spot on. I'm even geared up (16T front) and do a lot of slow plunking around in the bush and am completely happy. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Ya, shipping sucks when things are coming into Canada...

I missed the days where I could just drive over to Point Robert or Blaine to pick up a parcel a day or so later after ordering instead of freaking weeks of delay...

Edited by TimmyTheHog
  • Like 2

On 3/29/2022 at 9:19 AM, TimmyTheHog said:

Ya, shipping sucks when things are coming into Canada...

I missed the days where I could just drive over to Point Robert or Blaine to pick up a parcel a day or so later after ordering instead of freaking weeks of delay...

It has now moved on to Atlanta.  Working on 14 days now.  Good grief.  

C275334C-7A4F-49AF-87EF-EAC85853A021.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/1/2022 at 12:43 PM, roygilbo said:

It has now moved on to Atlanta.  Working on 14 days now.  Good grief.  

C275334C-7A4F-49AF-87EF-EAC85853A021.jpeg

UPDATE: This morning, it departed Toronto.  @2 Wheel DynoWorks I sure hope you have changed carriers for Canada.  This left your facility on March 18.  Just across the border from BC, after 5 stops it went to Atlanta - South East US and is now in eastern Canada. Absolutely dreadful service from USPS Priority Express international.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wow....yours is def getting the round the world scenic route😳

im sure there some covid stupidity goin on here...but wow....just incompetence all around....

34 minutes ago, Terez said:

Wow....yours is def getting the round the world scenic route😳

im sure there some covid stupidity goin on here...but wow....just incompetence all around....

Painful… 

On 4/5/2022 at 8:10 AM, roygilbo said:

Painful… 

Painful to downright laughable.  

FD1860C8-1300-49E9-9895-594A0DD7B206.png

11 hours ago, Cruizin said:

As stated, 2wdw I believe switched shippers. 

👍🏻

On 3/29/2022 at 2:13 AM, 2 Wheel DynoWorks said:

the thing is with other shippers we usually have to pay taxes and customs, UPS even charges for custum services on top of that. where as USPS sometime ( 75 %  of the time)wont charge anything, worst case we get a custom charge but that it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc462 said:

the thing is with other shippers we usually have to pay taxes and customs, UPS even charges for custum services on top of that. where as USPS sometime ( 75 %  of the time)wont charge anything, worst case we get a custom charge but that it. 

This is no problem if the package is delivered within a reasonable time frame.  What you are saying is by taking your chances with not paying those fees, you are willing to put up with potentially poor service.  Personally, after 20 days in their system, I would gladly pay those fees to another shipper to get it here in 2 days.  But each to his own.  

Agreed, for  same time frame. But 20 days is unacceptable. I also get lots of suff in winter, bike is put away, so no rush for me .

28 minutes ago, Marc462 said:

Agreed, for  same time frame. But 20 days is unacceptable. I also get lots of suff in winter, bike is put away, so no rush for me .

Yup! Realized my mistake as soon as the first delay happened.   Lesson learned (another one 😄

9 hours ago, TimmyTheHog said:

however, I hate to say it, USPS is still better than Canada Post...

It arrived after 21 days.  On the bright side, it is back in the bike and ready to go.  

• Like 2

Well, looks to me you have nothing to complain about. I sent in my ECU from the Netherlands on the 4th of December 2021. As it stands now (to no fault of 2WheelDynoworks actually) it is supposed to finaly arrive this monday... 

• Sad 3