Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel 1 finger clutch mod

NeilW

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Oxxa said:

I just installed my Camel adv one finger clutch and it took 6 hours 😂 the video doesnt explain how the clutch works and i kept trying and trying and i had to watch the Altrider video on youtube to understand about the friction zone.

@Camel ADV please make a new video where you also explain in detail free play and friction zone. Similar to this: 

Hey OXXA,

Thanks for the suggestion. Since we work with these parts daily, it's easy to forget that a lot of people don't understand them as well as we do (or sometimes, at all).

That been said, I'm curious how/where you spent 6hrs? Where did you get hung up?

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

11 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Hey OXXA,

Thanks for the suggestion. Since we work with these parts daily, it's easy to forget that a lot of people don't understand them as well as we do (or sometimes, at all).

That been said, I'm curious how/where you spent 6hrs? Where did you get hung up?

i was stuck not knowing how the clutch works. I thought that the small outer spring is the main retractor of the clutch and i was leaving 100% freeplay, my clutch became feather weight. Didnt even have power to return the lever to initial posotion.

i got pissed off thinking i ruined my clutch somewhere inside the engine 😂😂

After i watched altrider video i figured that the clutch engages and disengages gears after the small outer spring freeplay. 

Not sure im explaining it correctly.

Edited by Oxxa

After a few short rides and testing, i can say that this upgrade completely removed the jerky clutch and gear changes that this bike can sometimes have especially in low speeds or low revs. For now I am liking the middle hole with 30% reduction in pull.

Camel adv one finger clutch for tenere 700 is a must.

IMG_1032.jpeg

Edited by Oxxa