Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Different high exhausts

Daniel M

I like the picture of your high exhaust with the heed rear crash bars. Looks like there’s little room for high exhaust. Answers my question if high exhaust works with rear crash bars. I have heed rear crash bars. Next is high exhaust. I’m just wondering if hp exhaust works with rear crash. I think it will fit. 

• Like 1

Here's how the hpcorse full exhaust system sounds at about 90mph

Edited by SlowerThanYou
insert video
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Ande83 said:

I like the picture of your high exhaust with the heed rear crash bars. Looks like there’s little room for high exhaust. Answers my question if high exhaust works with rear crash bars. I have heed rear crash bars. Next is high exhaust. I’m just wondering if hp exhaust works with rear crash. I think it will fit. 

Dunno about the HP.  I actually mounted the Huzar exhaust with it's strap hanger to the Heed bar itself, which sort of solved several problems in one go.

Love the Heed rear bars, they've saved me a lot of trouble in the 5 times I've crashed the bike.  Not a mark on plastics, and the Huzar exhaust gets nowhere near the ground in a right side fall.  

• Like 2

On 4/10/2022 at 7:18 PM, BikeBrother said:

I have the hpcorse short high. This was last year the first high exhaust available with euro 4/5. the Huzar had no euro approval. Its not louder then the oem akra on the rally 2021 version. On the german tenere forum they measured even 2 dB less.i have adventure spec side racks, rhe exhaust fits well behind.

IMG_20211123_103316734.jpg

IMG_20211123_112337681.jpg

Do you know if the HP Corse will fit with a R&G tail tidy?

Tail Tidy for Yamaha Tenere 700 '19-

On 4/10/2022 at 10:26 AM, RagingBullFish said:

Huzar exhaust always gets my vote! Great deal and tucks in nicely 

D66F31FF-C344-4A5C-86EF-775977CB207C.jpeg

The Huzar definitely gets my vote as well, and I'll be ordering one of these for my new T7......just waiting for my bike to arrive from Japan!

And no concern over the EU approval over here in Western Canada.  I like the way the pipe tucks in nice and tight behind the original mount and passenger peg support, no need to modify things other than a small cut in the plastic to mount the muffler hangar.  And the price, holy crap, that can't be beat I sure!  And I would be supporting my Polish brothers over in the motherland.  A win on all fronts.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daniel M said:

Do you know if the HP Corse will fit with a R&G tail tidy?

Tail Tidy for Yamaha Tenere 700 '19-

I don't know. I took off all the oem tail, changed the angle of the first plastic part with a heatgun. Then trimmed off a part with the indicators and slided this over the first plastic part and bolt it together. Saved me €100 or so.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rosok said:

The Huzar definitely gets my vote as well, and I'll be ordering one of these for my new T7......just waiting for my bike to arrive from Japan!

And no concern over the EU approval over here in Western Canada.  I like the way the pipe tucks in nice and tight behind the original mount and passenger peg support, no need to modify things other than a small cut in the plastic to mount the muffler hangar.  And the price, holy crap, that can't be beat I sure!  And I would be supporting my Polish brothers over in the motherland.  A win on all fronts.

Alternatively, you can bend the aluminum bar 90 degrees, and run it from the muffler strap to the bolts under the tail.  It requires some fiddling if you're not running anything else under there, but if you've got a tail tidy, rear crash bars, or a rear rack they all generally have spacers and such to get the bolt heads much lower, which makes the process trivial.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 2:30 PM, BikeBrother said:

I don't know. I took off all the oem tail, changed the angle of the first plastic part with a heatgun. Then trimmed off a part with the indicators and slided this over the first plastic part and bolt it together. Saved me €100 or so.

do you have some pictures of it?

48 minutes ago, bubu87 said:

do you have some pictures of it?

No, not during the making, only when it was finished.

• 11 months later...
On 4/12/2022 at 5:37 AM, Wintersdark said:

Huzar high mount exhaust, available in 400mm - pictured, slightly quieter than stock with both baffles in- and 500mm which is significantly quieter than stock with both baffles in.

Cost is roughly $250, making it one of if not the cheapest system.

Very happy with mine.  

20220408_070116.jpg.be766496c7864b74a326fe2317468fa1.jpg

Outside of the can stays quite cool, other than the tip, so it's much safer with soft luggage without a rack. 

Sorry to go offtopic. What is that rear rack you have there?

6 hours ago, Oxxa said:

Sorry to go offtopic. What is that rear rack you have there?

image.jpeg.d5b73f14331c0349a6bfd83ee79db466.jpeg

CDN$60 Chinese rear rack.  Those bolts are not the ones it came with, nor are they still there; I misplaced the 4 bolts it came with and just used some from work; they've been replaced with nice buttonhead bolts since.  

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002891098467.html

It's survived two winters of riding and still looks great, despite being totally encrusted in salt throughout.  Importantly, it also adds grab rails to the rear of the bike, and doesn't connect under the tail (where my Heed rear bars attach, which got in the way of other stuff).

These and the Heed rear crash bars make effective impromtu bag racks too, holding soft bags off the plastics.  

• Thanks 1

Just installed the MIVV & like it...full review & pics on my blog here

20230401_161832.jpg

Edited by prowlnS10

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 5:26 AM, Ande83 said:

I'm looking at getting the HP Corse high exhaust, and I currently have the Heed rear bars fitted. Did you find out if they were compatible? With the tail tidy bracket and the rear bars attaching at the same place under the seat, I wasn't sure if they would conflict.

27 minutes ago, Ukelance said:

I'm looking at getting the HP Corse high exhaust, and I currently have the Heed rear bars fitted. Did you find out if they were compatible? With the tail tidy bracket and the rear bars attaching at the same place under the seat, I wasn't sure if they would conflict.

I have the MIVV exhaust with camel adv tail tidy and Heed rear crash bars. I think I would have went with the HP exhaust instead. Because I had problems with the MIVV exhaust hitting the swing arm brake house carrier. 

This blog post contains a fairly comprehensive list & pics of T7 high exhaust options: 

Edited by prowlnS10

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 3:14 AM, Wintersdark said:

Dunno about the HP.  I actually mounted the Huzar exhaust with it's strap hanger to the Heed bar itself, which sort of solved several problems in one go.

Love the Heed rear bars, they've saved me a lot of trouble in the 5 times I've crashed the bike.  Not a mark on plastics, and the Huzar exhaust gets nowhere near the ground in a right side fall.  

How did you mount the exhaust bracket to the bars? In the pic you shared it looks like it clamps on directly to the heed bars, rather than the rear bolts. Did you have to modify it first?

Thanks!

On 5/31/2023 at 4:10 AM, Ukelance said:

How did you mount the exhaust bracket to the bars? In the pic you shared it looks like it clamps on directly to the heed bars, rather than the rear bolts. Did you have to modify it first?

Thanks!

Attached to the crash bar, yeah. I got a 22mm split collar from amazon to clamp onto the crash bar and bolt to the exhaust hanger it comes with.  The easiest way is to look for clamps for mounting LED lights to crash bars.    Alternatively, you can grab a strip of aluminum, drill a couple holes for the rear bolts, bend it a bit and attach that way.  Either way, you don't need to modify the muffler hanger or the bars, and definitely no cutting of plastics.

• 1 month later...

I like the Huzar exhaust, but I don't want to cut my rear plastic or frame - is there any alternate available? 

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, discoganya said:

I like the Huzar exhaust, but I don't want to cut my rear plastic or frame - is there any alternate available? 

•  

Asking the same question in multiple threads is poor form. I deleted your exact same question under Tech Questions, so look for your answer here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

No worries, that's ok. But "poor form"  ... a bit harsh yes? I just posted a question and then discovered a more relevant thread for that same question, so re-posted it.

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, discoganya said:

Sure.  Grab a strip of aluminum from your local hardware store/home depot/harbour freight/whatever.  Remove one or two of the four screws under the tail, mark and drill holes in the aluminum strip, bend to run that aluminum strip from the bolt holes under the tail to the hanger on the Huzar.

Or, if you're me, and you're running Heed Rear Crash Bars:

image.jpeg.5a6c1d7815e052500f75d7780bba76e9.jpegimage.jpeg.a58236d04596f9e7529dffefddb6e124.jpeg

4 hours ago, discoganya said:

No worries, that's ok. But "poor form"  ... a bit harsh yes? I just posted a question and then discovered a more relevant thread for that same question, so re-posted it.

We've recently had some massive re-posting here on multiple threads - I mean, repeatedly.

It caused @AZJW a lot of unnecessary work (I guess).

I could imagine that's why he now points out from the beginning that such behaviour is not really desirable.

Apart from that, you can always include some info on the other thread that you've found some answers or an existing thread elsewhere (no front).

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Those of you with these high pipes, do they interfere with grabbing the bike by the subframe hand-holds? Some of these look a little tight. TIA!

4 hours ago, Ferd said:

Those of you with these high pipes, do they interfere with grabbing the bike by the subframe hand-holds? Some of these look a little tight. TIA!

HP Corse does - no real way to grab the subframe on the right.