Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha OEM Adventure Soft Panniers

Habman

Dear T7 family,

I have have just received and mounted the OEM adventure soft panniers. Now I seem to be unable to unlock them - the key does not turn in the lock. Impossible to find any resource on the internet that could help.

Did any of you face this issue, is there a additional step on top of just inserting the key in the lock???

Sounds very silly but...

Otherwise the panniers are great and come with an inside hermetic bag which you can take out of the outer "shell".

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Edited by Habman

Lockable OEM Soft Panniers?

You must have well mannered crooks down there.... 

Edited by Hibobb

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Haha, it is not the panniers themselves that are locked. I mean they are "locked" on the rack. I would just like to remove them from the rack to facilitate packing. I should have said remove or dismount I guess 🙂

I don't own this style panniers, but as a suggestion I would check to see if there was any pulling or tension on the lock that cause restriction on the tumbler barrel from turning. I say this as my hard pannier (on the right side) needs me to push it in (towards the rack) with my knee as I turn the key.

Edited by Hibobb

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

53 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Lockable OEM Soft Panniers?

You must have well mannered crooks down there.... 

Mosko Moto has a lock strap for the Backcountry panniers.

They tested it but with a sharp knife even after 20mins they still didn't get in.

The strap has a steel core.

It is more than enough for paying at the gas station or go for lunch.

@Ray Ride4life There is no failsafe way to protect from crooks. Now that you posted that there is a steel core to the mosko Moto straps the bad guys are all going out and getting cable cutters!!

My hard (aluminum) bags could be removed with a crowbar, if someone really wanted the contents. Locks just keep the honest people honest.

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

4 hours ago, Hibobb said:

@Ray Ride4life There is no failsafe way to protect from crooks. Now that you posted that there is a steel core to the mosko Moto straps the bad guys are all going out and getting cable cutters!!

My hard (aluminum) bags could be removed with a crowbar, if someone really wanted the contents. Locks just keep the honest people honest.

That's the point, you only need protection from opportunity thieves.
When you travel unless you share your whole travel schedule online you always are at places you might encounter opportunity thieves and these are not well equipped.
But when you travel you also discover that people are not as bad as you think but maybe that is because i avoid big city's as much as possible, i'm not a city person.

Can you post a picture of your luggage? 

If they are OEM Yamaha parts, a dealer should be able to help. I did not know, nor can I find any info on an OEM Yamaha soft luggage option.

Sorry cannot help you...

8 hours ago, Hibobb said:

The best way to protect from crooks is a company called SMITH AND WESSON.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ahamay said:

Can you post a picture of your luggage? 

If they are OEM Yamaha parts, a dealer should be able to help. I did not know, nor can I find any info on an OEM Yamaha soft luggage option.

Sorry cannot help you...

You will see them under this link (Yamaha Switzerland) https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/ch/fr/products/motorcycles/adventure/t-n-r-700-rally-edition-2022/accessories/explorer-soft-bag-set-for-tracer-9/b5u-fssbh-00-00/?path=/?page=1&categories.id=a1def988-ac7f-4d6b-93d9-3bb05bb389e7#/