Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Speedo move over for GPS side x side

NeilW

1 minute ago, sunndog said:

I do like the side by side look but don't you fellas worry it makes both things more vulnerable in a drop?

Nothing is sticking out. My handle bar ends and panniers take the hit when I drop mine. 

• Moderators

Here's another version that looks interesting.  It's from ARiemann1 who has some great training videos on YT.

https://m.youtube.com/user/ARiemann1

https://motologyfilms.com/product/gps-stabiliser-mount-compatible-with-yamaha-t7-models-only/

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 2 months later...

@NeilW Im starting to think about one of these SxS mounts.  1. how do you think the weight of this apparatus compares to the camel anti bobble? 2. if I had one, I would want to mount my phone next to the speedo and keep my Garmin up high on the GPS bar.  Any idea if adapters are available to hold a phone on that? 

1 hour ago, DT675 said:

@NeilW Im starting to think about one of these SxS mounts.  1. how do you think the weight of this apparatus compares to the camel anti bobble? 2. if I had one, I would want to mount my phone next to the speedo and keep my Garmin up high on the GPS bar.  Any idea if adapters are available to hold a phone on that? 

@DT675 I had my garmin Montana 700i to the right of the Speedo but I don’t use it - not sure what get I want my phone there as reaching is is more distracting than playing with it on my handbars. The garmin bar mount sucks down tight on the top bar. See photos

Mounting to the speedo plate would be a “solid” mount and you want some flex. Haven’t looked but ther should be solid/ bolt upbeat mount bases. IMG_9354.jpeg.b95ba30304ef278bcca732b4eb9297a6.jpeg

IMG_9355.jpeg

5 minutes ago, NeilW said:

@DT675 I had my garmin Montana 700i to the right of the Speedo but I don’t use it - not sure what get I want my phone there as reaching is is more distracting than playing with it on my handbars. The garmin bar mount sucks down tight on the top bar. See photos

Mounting to the speedo plate would be a “solid” mount and you want some flex. Haven’t looked but ther should be solid/ bolt upbeat mount bases. IMG_9354.jpeg.b95ba30304ef278bcca732b4eb9297a6.jpeg

IMG_9355.jpeg

@DT675looknat the mount on the right it would bout to the Twalcom

IMG_9356.png

• 2 weeks later...

@NeilW Thanks for the input.  I'm not in a hurry so i'll spend a little time researching this.  Do you need flex with a phone so the vibes dont damage it?  Is that the deal?

"The mount on the right" looks like a typical 4-hole garmin base mount.  I happed to have a few spares of those laying around right now.  Would a Ram phone holder clamp to that then making a perferred attachment point to the Twalcom?  If so that might stick out kinda far.  

My thoughts on this are- having my phone next to the speedo and the Garmin on the bar so one device can be zoomed in close and the other device can remain zoomed out.  I always seem to be zooming in and out during a ride to maintain my bearings on my position while needing to see detail of whats around me.  

2 hours ago, DT675 said:

@NeilW Thanks for the input.  I'm not in a hurry so i'll spend a little time researching this.  Do you need flex with a phone so the vibes dont damage it?  Is that the deal?

"The mount on the right" looks like a typical 4-hole garmin base mount.  I happed to have a few spares of those laying around right now.  Would a Ram phone holder clamp to that then making a perferred attachment point to the Twalcom?  If so that might stick out kinda far.  

My thoughts on this are- having my phone next to the speedo and the Garmin on the bar so one device can be zoomed in close and the other device can remain zoomed out.  I always seem to be zooming in and out during a ride to maintain my bearings on my position while needing to see detail of whats around me.  

@DT675 I definitely would NOT hard mount a cell phone to the Twalcom.  Maybe modify a quad lock with the vibration dampener ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...