Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Who all is from USA/Canada?

Cruizin

On 1/28/2020 at 12:19 PM, Colddog said:

Grande Prairie,  Alberta

Down payment is in for the fastest color,  blue of course!

Dude. I'm from Grande Prairie as well. Just joined the forum.

• Like 2

Welcome,

8 hours ago, Teneighty said:

Dude. I'm from Grande Prairie as well. Just joined the forum.

Welcome, im pretty new here too but there is a growing library of info from the inmates across the pond that are doing all the bug fixes for us!

Did you get in on the preorder lottery?

1 hour ago, Colddog said:

Welcome,

Welcome, im pretty new here too but there is a growing library of info from the inmates across the pond that are doing all the bug fixes for us!

Did you get in on the preorder lottery?

Agreed. I've been following this bike for a while just dreaming about a new bike someday. Then I thought about it and It just so happens i can make it work this time around and it coincided with its release this summer so i decided to order one. I placed my order back on October 9th. They said I was the first order when I placed it. White and red. I couldn't decide between blue and white. Ended up going with white just because of the black wheels. The blue colour scheme is great as well. Great perks redline added to the order as well. 

Hello I just joined the forum I have a T7 on preorder,

I have a 2015 Fjr1300 and a 1986 Yamaha Fazer 750/1000

located in Milton ontario

28464039233_62574dc5c2_o.jpg

Edited by Ashman
  • Like 3

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Ashman said:

Hello I just joined the forum I have a T7 on preorder,

I have a 2015 Fjr1300 and a 1986 Yamaha Fazer 750/1000

located in Milton ontario

28464039233_62574dc5c2_o.jpg

The southern Ontario contingency is growing!

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

6 hours ago, Teneighty said:

Agreed. I've been following this bike for a while just dreaming about a new bike someday. Then I thought about it and It just so happens i can make it work this time around and it coincided with its release this summer so i decided to order one. I placed my order back on October 9th. They said I was the first order when I placed it. White and red. I couldn't decide between blue and white. Ended up going with white just because of the black wheels. The blue colour scheme is great as well. Great perks redline added to the order as well. 

I've been waiting for it for quite a while too as our streets require 7-8" travel to get across the potholes!  Drug my pegs after falling into a 3 metre long "Crack" in the pavement in front of Eastside Grocery last spring, luckily I didnt flatten a pipe.  I had a Harley a few years back but the 3/4" suspension was kiling me as fast as the vibratron handebars were!

When you get yours, lets plan an afternoon trip to 2 lakes, there is some great backroads to access from the forestry tower side, to the east of the first lake.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colddog said:

I've been waiting for it for quite a while too as our streets require 7-8" travel to get across the potholes!  Drug my pegs after falling into a 3 metre long "Crack" in the pavement in front of Eastside Grocery last spring, luckily I didnt flatten a pipe.  I had a Harley a few years back but the 3/4" suspension was kiling me as fast as the vibratron handebars were!

When you get yours, lets plan an afternoon trip to 2 lakes, there is some great backroads to access from the forestry tower side, to the east of the first lake.  

Nice. Yea loved how I could hit any pothole on the XR and it would just float over it. This will be a much more relaxing change for you! Yea that sounds good. Beautiful out at 2 lakes!

• Like 1

Southeast Idaho here.  Lots of good riding here and in nearby Montana.  Waiting for my new Tenere to show up so I can park the old pig (KLR) and actually have a 6th gear!  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I’m in the US, all over the US 😉

summers in the PNW, winters in Cajun country. Living in a van called the Yamahauler. Currently carrying a 1200 Super Tenere , but waiting to loose 100lbs with the T-700. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 2:17 AM, PNWTEN said:

I’m in the US, all over the US 😉

summers in the PNW, winters in Cajun country. Living in a van called the Yamahauler. Currently carrying a 1200 Super Tenere , but waiting to loose 100lbs with the T-700. 

If you get back to Idaho (I see you missed the best parts), let me know.  Glad to show you around the Magruder Corridor and the Lolo Motorway.  The Gravelly range is really beautiful country too!  

• Premium Member

Oh, I’ll be back there this summer on the 700! Magruder and lolo motorway have been on my list for years!  “Cruizin” is from there also and we plan to ride! It will be after July 4th though... 

My dealer has my deposit and  I  should see delivery in June.  Live in North Vancouver, BC Canada and looking forward to having a lighter, more nimble bike than my current ST1200!   Curious to know what others are doing about panniers, skid plates and crash bars.  The OEM offerings do not excite me.  Recently checked with the dealer and the Yamaha T7 option packages are not a deal with no discount being offered.  Might as well go a la cart and get only what you want / need. 

I have been looking around a  lot at this stuff.  I have determined that for me, I will go with the Outback Motortek crash bars as they look to have the best protection.  Yes they are going to cost more!  I am going to get the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 liter bag system..also expensive!  But I don't need rear pannier racks for that.  I haven't found a rear rack yet that I like, so I will keep looking.  There is another thread on this here somewhere that shows a lot of options.

• Like 1

Southeast Idaho.  Pre-ordered a matte black T7 last week.  Yamaha estimates 1st week of June for T7s in the US.  That's a long way off.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 5:30 PM, PNWTEN said:

Oh, I’ll be back there this summer on the 700! Magruder and lolo motorway have been on my list for years!  “Cruizin” is from there also and we plan to ride! It will be after July 4th though... 

I think we are planning on July 10th to hit the Lolo and Magruder again this year.  

I'm from Hamilton, Ontario.  Can't wait to meet some of my fellow Tenere riders on either side of the border.

Cheers

-Bob

On 2/17/2020 at 10:41 PM, Craig Sturman said:

I have been looking around a  lot at this stuff.  I have determined that for me, I will go with the Outback Motortek crash bars as they look to have the best protection.  Yes they are going to cost more!  I am going to get the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 liter bag system..also expensive!  But I don't need rear pannier racks for that.  I haven't found a rear rack yet that I like, so I will keep looking.  There is another thread on this here somewhere that shows a lot of options.

I like the options you are looking at.  Did you see the rear rack from Outback Motortek?  They have a picture of it but no price on the product.  Did you find out any info on the weight of the upper and lower crash bars?

cheers

-Bob

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Craig Sturman said:

I think we are planning on July 10th to hit the Lolo and Magruder again this year.  

My daughter gets married on the 4th in Seattle but if I can get out there, I’ll sure try!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 9:56 PM, Craig Sturman said:

Southeast Idaho here.  Lots of good riding here and in nearby Montana.  Waiting for my new Tenere to show up so I can park the old pig (KLR) and actually have a 6th gear!  

I sold my KLR and bought a Super Tenere. The S-10 is a fine bike but I miss the KLR.  I see the T7 as the bike I wished the KLR could have been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1