Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Trouble connecting my ride app 23t7

N11 EXPRESS

Hey guys picked up my 23 model t7 with the tft dash and cannot get my phone to connect to the bike.

The dealer himself is a world raid owner and is familiar on connection setup and couldn't do it for me so i kept trying at home.

Currently using a samsung s22 ultra so shoud not be the phone and also tried a iphone with no luck.

When i search for bluetooth i can see the bike but will not connect to app and cannot see the setting to scan the Qr code on the cpu under the seat.

Has anyone esle had problems???

Said it today in another topic about this issue, you only need to connect to your bike through the handlebars and footpegs and sometimes the buddyseat.

• Like 2

Is the connectivity via wifi or bluetooth? It might be a 2,4 or 5ghz setting for wifi or profile for BT. Mostly it's A2DP but i thing you need AVRCP for this use if it is a BT connection.

Presume you’ve watched this out of focus youtube vid?

have you tried to uninstall the app then reinstall it? Maybe you missed the QR scan when you initially downloaded the app?

Edited by Lewie

I have tried everything and even another phone ios

My ride looks differant now than in that video there is no option anywhere to scan the qr and ive Uninstalled and reinstalled the app also

Has anyone on here managed to connect there new tenere yet maybe yamaha are in the process of working on a update for the app 

I just downloaded the app - logged in - picked my bike 

obviously won’t work with my T7 but gave me the option

presume you’ve reinstalled the app and signed in

C70E4601-D039-4121-8203-CE9F2C074486.jpeg

95543492-DDDC-4A32-8406-5483AE50D746.jpeg

Ok so its now sorted instead of adding your bike as a tenere you have to list it as a world raid and now it works  so obviously yamaha have yet to update the app to suit stock t7

• Like 1

But you don't have a 23 and you can't check if it actually will connect.
You can build a complete bike but before you turn the key you won't know if it also runs.

19 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

But you don't have a 23 and you can't check if it actually will connect.
You can build a complete bike but before you turn the key you won't know if it also runs.

Crikey that never occurs to me…..

The Op said and I quote “cannot see the setting to scan the Qr code on the cpu under the seat.”- 

I thought that it may help him as he said he could not get the QR scan up- I absolutely give up with you- you seem hell bent on picking a hole in every post unless the poster is a balls out off road expert 

It's just realistic, don't get me wrong because i do appreciate the afford you put in to help OP but without a completed connection it just doesn't say anything.
And i'm also most definite not an off road expert, just stupid enough to do things often above my experience level.

1 hour ago, Lewie said:

That’s strange as I selected T7 and it gave me the QR scanning window 

That is odd thanks for your help 

Hi guys

N11 express

I am having the same problem as u as to connecting to my TFT .My question to you is ,were exactly did you do the changes on the my ride app as I’ve changed it on the [profile ,my bikes ]and it still will not connect.

Did u use the vin number or the QR code?

thanks

1 hour ago, Jon7 said:

Hi guys

N11 express

I am having the same problem as u as to connecting to my TFT .My question to you is ,were exactly did you do the changes on the my ride app as I’ve changed it on the [profile ,my bikes ]and it still will not connect.

Did u use the vin number or the QR code?

thanks

Ok you need to create a second bike and put it down as a world raid and then delete your primary bike. Then click into your bike and the option to scan qr or vin is there.

The qr code is on the little cpu unit under front seat section you will have to pull it up out of mount 

Just now, N11 EXPRESS said:

Ok you need to create a second bike and put it down as a world raid and then delete your primary bike. Then click into your bike and the option to scan qr or vin is there.

The qr code is on the little cpu unit under front seat section you will have to pull it up out of mount 

• Like 1

Nothing ,tried all the steps and still nothing .I created a second bike then deleted the 1st one and I added as world raid but I could not find the Qr reader option so I tried the vin again and nothing .

I contacted Yamaha and they say that it could be that the bikes that are using ISO 15 and above some could not connect until they upgrade the app.

But you should still get the window to scan the code - that’s nothing to do with the bike

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app- the scan popped up as soon as I signed in to the app

tapped the button ‘scan my bike’
Have you created an account on Yamahas website ?

Yes I have created an account on the Yamaha website and I don’t get the option of scanning a Qr code on the app 

Isn't there some setting in your phone that doesn't allow the app to use a QR code? Think of no right for the app to use the camera or something in that order.