Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Dunlop Trailmax Raid Tires

DT675

Who's going to be the 1st to get and review them??  They may not quite be available yet, but look like an interesting tire I would like to try.

50/50.

Screenshot_20230305_150507_Gallery.jpg.5e80adb2799193fdd54fa1b444d02d4a.jpg

• Like 1

Apparently we won't get them this side of the world until early 2024, which really sucks!! I was looking at these being my next set of tyres, will now have to look at the Mitas E07+ until they are available on our shores.

But yes, very keen to read a review or watch a video of them in action. It feels like a repeat of the TrailMax Missions in terms of demand & supply even before they are available on shelves

• Like 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

Oh wow, we're supposed to get them in some sizes now, the rest of the sizes at the end of Q2 I think.  I've yet to see any though.  I hope they will hook up better than the Trailmax Missions off-road but wear similar to them overall.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Anyone found these yet?  I'm looking for a new front and am interested in these, but cannot locate the Raid model anywhere. Judging by the fact that they're not even listed on the Dunlop website that probably the rollout was pushed back.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I heard back from a guy that has a direct line of contact with Dunlop USA.  They responded to him with the word, "Soon".  Thats all I got.  lol

• Moderators

1 hour ago, Redneckj said:

I heard back from a guy that has a direct line of contact with Dunlop USA.  They responded to him with the word, "Soon".  Thats all I got.  lol

Thanks for the update and post up here when you learn more.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

On 6/22/2023 at 8:42 PM, AZJW said:

Thanks for the update and post up here when you learn more.

Parts unlimited said first part of July.  However they don’t have part numbers yet.   That’s all I got for now.  👍👍👍

hopefully they don’t mean July of 24 🤣😂

• Thanks 1

Most people know, some don’t.  WPS is wholesale only.  Cycle shops can preorder these tires now.  So, the tires should be available soon.  

IMG_3412.jpeg

• Like 1

Ha, I may be the first to try out the new Raid tires. I have a tracking number, coming to Texas from London. Omg, almost 500.00 with shipping, I mean carriage.

I just came home from my Yamaha dealer for the 4th service of my T7, because I had to change my tires (last Pirelli STR batch lasted for almost 17k Km, with the previous one I made around 14k Km) my dealer suggested these new tires at the same price as Pirelli STR and I decided to try them.

For now I only made the road back home from the dealer (around 20 Km), and not in the best conditions (new tires 😅, new brake pads 😅😅, under the rain 😅😅😅) so I didn't have the opportunity to try them out properly.

Also consider that I have very poor experience on offroad (I did some offroad but only on small gravel country roads), this in my first bike  and I have no experience except with Pirelli STR tires.

At first they felt perfectly fine at medium/medium-high speed (70-120 Kmph) on a straight line, turning around at low speed was a little weird, they felt as the side of the wheel was lacking material and I felt more vibration compared to stock Pirelli STR.

In general I felt way more confident with Pirelli STR (and I think it's perfectly normal considering that I made around 31k Km with them...), but when I reached home I already felt a bit more confident with these new tires compared to what I felt when I came out of the dealer.

For now I did not tried on offroad (as I said in my case this means light offroad), if the weather conditions will be better I'll try something in the next days.

I read somewhere about the noise of these new Dunlop tires, I did not found them super noisy, they make a now tone noise at low speed, at normal speed travelling I found them probably less noisy than Pirelly STR; as the rest of my feedback please consider that I was under the rain so also noise perception is quite different compared to normal travelling conditions.

Edited by Tasslehoff

The Raids are MUCH more off-road biased than the Pirelli STR's.  It's pretty optimistic even calling them 70/30 - they're very street biased and a very, very good tire for that.  

I'm quite interested in them myself.  I like my Motoz's, but I'm always interested in trying something new.

Well, the pair I ordered from London are parked in Fort Worth now, with "clearance delay".

I have ordered lots of bike stuff from UK, without ever paying import fees. I wonder if tires are a different story? If so, these may be "return to sender".

I already paid way too much for them and not willing to get hit for much more.....

• Moderators
4 hours ago, TexasT700 said:

Well, the pair I ordered from London are parked in Fort Worth now, with "clearance delay".

I have ordered lots of bike stuff from UK, without ever paying import fees. I wonder if tires are a different story? If so, these may be "return to sender".

I already paid way too much for them and not willing to get hit for much more.....

Odd, I thought that Dunlops were made in the U.S.?  Hope they're a good tire, I needed something sooner than later so I got a AX-41 for the front, maybe I'll try the Trailmax Raid next time around.

My research shows some Dunlops made in US, but looks like bike tires not.

WARNING.... I coulda shoulda woulda thot twice b4 ordering tires from London. I have ordered lots of stuff from Motostorm in Italy with never any problem. The 2 Dunlop Raid tires arrived in Fort Worth on Monday, and Saturday, tracking still says 'clearance delay'. No delivery date. Even tho there is not supposed to be any import charges, there is some process to pass thru customs.

Not to mention, if there are any issues with tires, pretty tough to figger it out with 6 hour time difference and a huge ocean away.

If i could start over, would wait for them to be available locally.

Lesson learned.....

Update (daily?) On trying get Dunlop Trailmax Raid tires to Texas from UK...

2 tires in 'clearance delay' for 7 days now. Called carrier couple times, they told me today the shipment papers are missing a 'harmony code'.

So, I have requested the shipper to supply the missing code to carrier asap, or, just call the shipment back.

Shipper told me b4 i ordered, it would arrive in 5 to 7 days. Reason I dont just chill n wait for tires, revving up for riding in Colorado verry soon.

6 hours ago, TexasT700 said:

Update (daily?) On trying get Dunlop Trailmax Raid tires to Texas from UK...

2 tires in 'clearance delay' for 7 days now. Called carrier couple times, they told me today the shipment papers are missing a 'harmony code'.

So, I have requested the shipper to supply the missing code to carrier asap, or, just call the shipment back.

Shipper told me b4 i ordered, it would arrive in 5 to 7 days. Reason I dont just chill n wait for tires, revving up for riding in Colorado verry soon.

Oh the agony!!!!   Good luck getting your tires out of customs.  

My Dunlop Road Smart 4's say "Made in Japan".   That shocked the hell out of me.  

On the phone a lot yesterday and managed to get fedex to release the tires, after they were held in customs for 8 days. Only 6 mile ride and very impressed and happy. Not noisy or vibey. They do fall into turns easily so steering feels quicker. They stripped pavement off roads around here and these tires were a bit dicey in wanting to follow grooves. Hardly ever have grooved pavement, so no big deal. Closest tire to perfection for my style ive ever tried!

20230711_113925.jpg

20230711_132543.jpg

• Moderators

@TexasT700 Thanks for the initial impressions and hope they turn out to be a viable option. I ( and others) have switched from the RallZ front to a Trailmax Mission for the groove following issue,  so hoping the TM Raid will settle down with some wear. Please post up around the 500 mile mark to let us know if the groove following has tapered off.

If you get a chance I would be interested to know the tread depth front and rear before you put too many miles on them.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, williestreet said:

If you get a chance I would be interested to know the tread depth front and rear before you put too many miles on them.  

This is a big part of why I'm such a Motoz fan - so few competitors have close to the starting tread depth.  It's a curiously hard stat to find while shopping too.

• Like 1

I don't have a tool for measuring tread depth, but with a matchstick and guesswork, the rear tire is a hair over 3/8 inch, about 10mm, and front is a bit less, maybe 8mm.

These are supposed to be cutting edge technology with harder center tread, softer on sides, so hopefully they will last ok, in spite of shallow tread??

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 7:37 PM, TexasT700 said:

I don't have a tool for measuring tread depth, but with a matchstick and guesswork, the rear tire is a hair over 3/8 inch, about 10mm, and front is a bit less, maybe 8mm.

These are supposed to be cutting edge technology with harder center tread, softer on sides, so hopefully they will last ok, in spite of shallow tread??

That's pretty standard tread depth - not shallow really; but quite a bit less than Motoz tires (typically 10mm front 13mm rear).  I'm kind of disappointed but not surprised.  

Couple pics of grooved pavement causing wobble. Seems a little less if i just go 50mph instead of 35. 

Tires are softer ride for sure, both at 35 psi. Will update later after more miles. 150 so far.

20230715_094619.jpg

20230715_094615.png

• Like 1