Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Dunlop Trailmax Raid Tires

DT675

6 hours ago, TexasT700 said:

Couple pics of grooved pavement causing wobble. Seems a little less if i just go 50mph instead of 35. 

Tires are softer ride for sure, both at 35 psi. Will update later after more miles. 150 so far.

20230715_094619.jpg

Hah yeah, that's annoying to ride on with any even vaguely knobby tire.  *shrugs*  Definitely not something I'd worry about though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on this? Internet seems to be lacking reviews, longevity etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have put just over 2,000 miles on a set of the Trailmax Raid. I think the wear factor is going to be good. Have not measured, but there is no discernable wear on the rear. On the pavement, I am verry impressed. Sticks like glue in twistys. Did not ride much on wet, but the little I did seemed verry good.  On pavement, they do tend to follow any grooves in road. Did not notice this much on tar snakes. On gravel roads, I thought they tended to toss rocks up. I could hear them hitting spokes and even had one hit helmet. Seemed like they did less of picking up stones as the miles added up. On a bit of aggressive riding on loose gravel, I was surprised how good they stuck. As you lean over on gravel, the tread is more suited to clinging to traction and they did an excellent job of that, with traction control on. I would say, unless I find more negatives, this will be a set of tires I could replace with the same when they are worn out.

• Like 4

The Trailmax Raid tires do have a whine at  about 40 mph. Not major, low enuf volume that I don't consider that a negative. It disappears as speed increases. Time will tell more, but I think I have found the Unicorn tire!!!

On 8/23/2023 at 5:54 PM, TexasT700 said:

I have put just over 2,000 miles on a set of the Trailmax Raid. I think the wear factor is going to be good. Have not measured, but there is no discernable wear on the rear. On the pavement, I am verry impressed. Sticks like glue in twistys. Did not ride much on wet, but the little I did seemed verry good.  On pavement, they do tend to follow any grooves in road. Did not notice this much on tar snakes. On gravel roads, I thought they tended to toss rocks up. I could hear them hitting spokes and even had one hit helmet. Seemed like they did less of picking up stones as the miles added up. On a bit of aggressive riding on loose gravel, I was surprised how good they stuck. As you lean over on gravel, the tread is more suited to clinging to traction and they did an excellent job of that, with traction control on. I would say, unless I find more negatives, this will be a set of tires I could replace with the same when they are worn out.

You have Traction Control on your T7? Otherwise, the review sounds solid as I do a lot of logging roads and gravel is the word of the day.  Especially after a fresh grading.  

OOps. I don't ride a T7 now, may again in future, but now am riding 2023 KTM Adventure 890.

I've had them for approx. month now and I've done 4500 kms on them. First ride home thunderstorm caught me, they are really good on wet tarmac, no problems at all. One corner I even flew in a little too hot and I managed to trail brake on super wet tarmac no issues at all I think that time these tires saved me. Then I travel 700 km to Romania and back (total of 1400, highway, 130 km/h), In Romania I rode approx 300km 3 day off-road loop, mostly dry conditions, rocks, steep climbs etc. Back tires slips in really difficult parts, not a lot but it does. In terms of front tire at speed it lacked side stability, it slipped few times sideways on faster sections, later in the trip I changed to Mitas E-13 and it was much better. I'm not a high mileage seeker, so I use the tires with a lot of trottle and I might get 7000-8000 kms from the rear, maybe even 10k if I would be gentle. Also to note, I've run them in the offroad sections 1.50 bar front and rear. I think in normal riding, touring and casual (slower) off-road you would get more like 12k kms. Also one point I've got a puncture on the rear, but it was an old screw, so I guess it's not a problem with the tire itself. Also I found that on curvy roads they stick really well, I can ride them to the edge no problem. I'm buying second set of tires from Excel, there I'll use D908RR, but on the OEM tires I'll definitely buy these again.

Edited by izkino
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Update: I have nearly 3000 miles on the Raids now, and unfortunately they have developed a louder and louder whine, especially at 40 mph. That is the only negative I can think of, other than that, they are good at my style of riding!

• Like 1