Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

$$$ Touratech Destino boots- awesome and $$$

NeilW

Touratech Destino Ultimate GTX boots: If you have the money to spend on amazing protective yet comfortable boots, the Touratech Destino Ultimate GTX boots are every bit awesome. I have spent the last couple of weeks with them including wearing them as every day "shoes" for a week just to confirm the comfort. They are as close to Motocross boots protection I think you can get and actually be able to walk around in them all day too. They are $800 so be prepared. I have low end Adventure boots and previously considered 'high" end adventure boots from many manufacturers and these Destino's far exceeded all my expectations. Any boot is better than no boot, Higher is better than lower. waterproof is better than not. crush, twist, hyperflex protection is better than not. $800 boots are certainly not for everyone, but if you have the duckets, know that this kind of boot exists.

What are you wearing ?

destino in mud.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting option, from the pictures in the review, shares some similarities with the Atojo's that I wear.   Of course, I have to throw a slip-on shoe in the bag unless I want to look like an astronaut on the Moon.

touratech-destino-ultimate-gtx-boots-rev

Touratech Destino Ultimate GTX Boots Review: These premium adventure motorcycle boots seamlessly combine comfort with protection.

They are REV'IT! Expedition GTX Boots, only with touratech logo.

Probably rev it's are cheaper.

• Like 2

My understanding is that the Touratech Destino is a re-branded version of the Rev'It Expedition GTX boots.

posted about buying a pair of the Rev'It boots last spring. After using them for a year, I have nothing but positives to say: Motocross-level protection, completely waterproof, comfortable for walking even long distances. I use them for both touring and dirt riding. They are expensive, but more economical than buying separate quality Touring and Off-Road boots. 

The MSRP for the Rev'It boots is $899.99. I bought these from ChromeBurner for $566.41 with free shipping (FedEx International Economy) and no tax. ChromeBurner currently has them listed at $593.48.

RevIt Expedition GTX Boots 1.jpg

RevIt Expedition GTX Boots 2 - Inverted x2.jpg

*Edit: Sorry BikeBrother, you beat me to the point of the two boots being the same while I was typing my post. 

Edited by Bugs
Another poster beat me to my point.
  • Like 2

'21 Tênêrê 700, '20 WR250R, '18 FJR1300

The fact that there's a Highway to Hell and only a Stairway to Heaven should tell you something about anticipated traffic.

7 minutes ago, Bugs said:

My understanding is that the Touratech Destino is a re-branded version of the Rev'It Expedition GTX boots.

posted about buying a pair of the Rev'It boots last spring. After using them for a year, I have nothing but positives to say: Motocross-level protection, completely waterproof, comfortable for walking even long distances. I use them for both touring and dirt riding. They are expensive, but more economical than buying separate quality Touring and Off-Road boots. 

The MSRP for the Rev'It boots is $899.99. I bought these from ChromeBurner for $566.41 with free shipping (FedEx International Economy) and no tax. ChromeBurner currently has them listed at $593.48.

RevIt Expedition GTX Boots 1.jpg

RevIt Expedition GTX Boots 2 - Inverted x2.jpg

*Edit: Sorry BikeBrother, you beat me to the point of the two boots being the same while I was typing my post. 

Are these pix of now or a year ago. They look brand new.

Hi Neil, Those photos were taken last summer before we'd gotten any rain. Just had to brush off the dust. So yeah - still fairly new at that point. 

• Like 1

'21 Tênêrê 700, '20 WR250R, '18 FJR1300

The fact that there's a Highway to Hell and only a Stairway to Heaven should tell you something about anticipated traffic.

23 minutes ago, winddown said:

A Vibram soul, that's the mark of a good boot

And Gortex and BOA and and and. That is why it is so expensive. I did find out that there are small shops that an replace the Vibram sole, but it won't have the same sole pattern. At least you can extend the life of $839 boots.

Ummmm, if you can afford $839 boots, you are probably not the type to get your boots resoled.

• Like 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

18 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Ummmm, if you can afford $839 boots, you are probably not the type to get your boots resoled.

I have no idea how long the soles will last. I know that some riders are foot draggers. That can be very expensive with these boots

12 hours ago, NeilW said:

I know that some riders are foot draggers. That can be very expensive with these boots

Yes, you wouldn't waste your money buying these in that case