Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

45 liter Safari tank coming

BikeBrother

8 hours ago, Dougie said:

What’s the score with these bags then? Look great but the ad says it’s not for fuel, yet the video shows fuel use. 

I'm pretty sure this is a way for the company to avoid having to comply with a lot of regulations or product certs that are probably different from country to country. We used one for a year and it worked without any issues. Really tough and no apparent degradation over that time.

• Like 2

advgoats.com

13 hours ago, Dougie said:

What’s the score with these bags then? Look great but the ad says it’s not for fuel, yet the video shows fuel use. 

They work good but yes, not for holding fuel long term.  My buddy carried 1 gal for a whole week out in the hot Nevada desert and we didn’t see any issues. I have a 2 gal bag and I like to get it dumped into the tank as soon as I can then roll it up. I thought they would stink but they don’t, although I keep it on the outside of my bags and on top of the back seat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, you should really have a rough idea when you’ll have drained your fuel bladder’s volume from the tank and pour it in ASAP.

• Like 1

Apparently the price includes pumps and bash plate.

Still a lot of coin but for those that are serious about getting the distance ( long range desert patrols, RTW riders......) then the cost is quite realistic.

• Like 3

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

I imagine that this tank will completely transform the way the T7 feels by having the fuel carried so low. I probably wouldn’t completely fill it very often but the option is there when you need it.