Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Compatible Pannier racks

Ryan Wassermann

Hello, I'm researching compatible Pannier racks for Enduristan Monsooon 3 Panniers (SKU: LUSA-005) that go with Yamaha's OEM Rear rack. (SKUBW3-F48D0-00-00)
I may be getting at a later date Camel Adv Auxiliary Gas Tank & High exhaust kit (SKU: T7-CT) &
(SKU: CAP-T7-HEK-RB)
So a pannier Rack that fits the OEM rear Rack & aftermarket Aux Tank and Exhaust. Posting on various forums before making a purchase. I am also considering getting a custom welding job done if nothing is compatible.
The Pannier rack I considered which is confirmed not to be compatible with the OEM rack is Outback Motortech's Pannier rack (SKU: OBT7PR) but will fit the Tank & exhaust & I may just end welding it to the rear rack and try to make it as user friendly as possible.

Looking for feedback on anyone who runs a similar set-up & what did you end up installing to fit everything?
Thanks.

• Moderators

@Ryan Wassermann Welcome to the forum. This thread had lots of options, hopefully somewhere in there you'll find your answer. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@Ryan Wassermann Hey Ryan! I have the Camel ADV aux tank and high exhaust (with Scorpion muffler) combined with AdvSpec side racks and Giant Loop Siskiyou panniers. All compatible with a few spacers as outlined in the Camel Adv install instructions.

Can't think of any reason the AdvSpec racks wouldn't work with the Enduristans.

• Like 1

@Uncle M Thanks, will likely go with those. Didn't have much to choose from. The OEM back rack limits my choices. They are out of stock. Hopefully I can get my hands on one soon - September  I'm planning a trip with the T7 & need a Pannier rack for my luggage.

• 1 month later...

On 7/15/2023 at 8:36 AM, Ryan Wassermann said:
Hello, I'm researching compatible Pannier racks for Enduristan Monsooon 3 Panniers (SKU: LUSA-005) that go with Yamaha's OEM Rear rack. (SKUBW3-F48D0-00-00)
I may be getting at a later date Camel Adv Auxiliary Gas Tank & High exhaust kit (SKU: T7-CT) &
(SKU: CAP-T7-HEK-RB)
So a pannier Rack that fits the OEM rear Rack & aftermarket Aux Tank and Exhaust. Posting on various forums before making a purchase. I am also considering getting a custom welding job done if nothing is compatible.
The Pannier rack I considered which is confirmed not to be compatible with the OEM rack is Outback Motortech's Pannier rack (SKU: OBT7PR) but will fit the Tank & exhaust & I may just end welding it to the rear rack and try to make it as user friendly as possible.

Looking for feedback on anyone who runs a similar set-up & what did you end up installing to fit everything?
Thanks.

Is the Outback Motortek Asymmetrical High Exhaust rack compatible with the Camel Enduro bend kit specifically? The passenger peg needs to be removed so not sure if clearance will be an issue.

I've emailed Camel, OM and Mosko (who sells the OM racks) to see if anyone can confirm and will let you know, but if anyone has info in the meantime let's hear it!

• Supporting Vendor
21 hours ago, I_AM_BEAR said:

Is the Outback Motortek Asymmetrical High Exhaust rack compatible with the Camel Enduro bend kit specifically? The passenger peg needs to be removed so not sure if clearance will be an issue.

I've emailed Camel, OM and Mosko (who sells the OM racks) to see if anyone can confirm and will let you know, but if anyone has info in the meantime let's hear it!

The Enduro bend is not compatible with any traditional pannier racks (the Rally bend is compatible with several). That been said, we have seen a few comments on FaceBook that the SW Motech racks do work with the Enduro bend but we haven’t confirmed that personally at this time.

The Adventure Spec and Rally Raid soft bag plates can work but they need longer spacers behind them and longer bolts. We will have our own soft bag plates available soon.
  • Like 3

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

On 9/15/2023 at 9:09 PM, Camel ADV said:

The Enduro bend is not compatible with any traditional pannier racks (the Rally bend is compatible with several). That been said, we have seen a few comments on FaceBook that the SW Motech racks do work with the Enduro bend but we haven’t confirmed that personally at this time.

The Adventure Spec and Rally Raid soft bag plates can work but they need longer spacers behind them and longer bolts. We will have our own soft bag plates available soon.

Excited to hear. I’ve been trying to figure out what I want. Bet you guys come up with something sweet.