Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

OEM Rally seat....is it for you?

Ride & Shine

Thank you for sharing this... I will end up buying either this one or something aftermarket if they come up with. I'm 6.4 and could use a bit more knee angle but the price is keeping me from getting it yet, I've got other plans first. 

1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Thank you for sharing this... I will end up buying either this one or something aftermarket if they come up with. I'm 6.4 and could use a bit more knee angle but the price is keeping me from getting it yet, I've got other plans first. 

I've mentioned this somewhere else on here. I'm 6 foot 3 and the Rally seat COMPLETELY transformed it in every better way for me. No question. The original seat lasted all of the ride from the dealers to home!

Much, much better in so many ways. Downside is expense, but worth every penny in my opinion. Personal choice, of course.

Cheers

• Like 2

Being a short @r$e I'll stick with the stock seat. I'm at about the limit of what I'd want to deal with in terms of seat height.

Yeah I'm not keen on the 2-piece design, but I'd rather maintain the stock suspension height for off-road use.

I personally don't find the stock seat that uncomfortable, in fact quite the contrary, but I've not sat on the rally seat to know the difference in terms of comfort.

I they did a rally seat at the same height as stock, I'd be tempted, maybe, if it was a bit cheaper!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 1:39 PM, Rich TT said:

I've mentioned this somewhere else on here. I'm 6 foot 3 and the Rally seat COMPLETELY transformed it in every better way for me. No question. The original seat lasted all of the ride from the dealers to home!

Much, much better in so many ways. Downside is expense, but worth every penny in my opinion. Personal choice, of course.

Cheers

10 days left... Ordered today and will pick up on the 29th 😄 ... 

• Like 2

For me honestly the price is dictating the decision. I would take the gamble with other numbers...

Really pisses me off to see Yamaha extras costing more than BMW/Ducati. The extras prices should target the actual customers that buy the bikes in first place!

Waiting for a future promo here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Joao B. said:

For me honestly the price is dictating the decision. I would take the gamble with other numbers...

Really pisses me off to see Yamaha extras costing more than BMW/Ducati. The extras prices should target the actual customers that buy the bikes in first place!

Waiting for a future promo here.

Price is high... I called my trusted dealer and he offered a discount 😄 .. got mine for £260. Happy with this..

Might sell the stock one if I can to get some of it back 😄 

Bought my OEM Rally seat while waiting for my bike to arrive.....

Ran the bike with standard seat for 3 days and then fitted the Rally seat.

Wow it transformed the bike for me....because I can now move around more when on the bike it makes it a far more comfortable place to be when riding for longer periods.

Best mod yet....If your taller and seat height not real issue..... go for it 👍

• Like 2

Just now, moto3 said:

Wow it transformed the bike for me....because I can now move around more when on the bike it makes it a far more comfortable place to be when riding for longer periods.

I cannot wait to try mine next week 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moto3 said:

Completely agree. Honestly best single mod I've done to transform the riding experience (including the bar risers too). Now roomy, more comfortable, "bossing" the bike rather than sitting in it and just in a more controlling riding position. Also the knees are much less bent. I'm tall too, so may not be for everyone. I rode my mates bike at the weekend with the standard seat. Really don't like it and much harder and flatter too and glad I got rid of mine after the ride back from the dealers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have it also and my feelings are a bit opposite. Really seat is definitely higher, softer and wider than stock one but it does not suite my but at all 😄 I can ride 400km without any issue on the stock, when on really seat I am having pain on the inner side of legs due to it sharper and wider shape. I am gonna give it another chance but if no improvement over time I am considering to sell mine soon.. 

• Like 1

For me it makes the bike feel and ride like a proper adventure bike....sitting on it and not forced in one position... More comfortable and definitely easier to ride... Can change position on cornering fast and love the feel of it. For me it is better than stock and worth the money... I haven't paid full price due to a good dealer but still worth it... Only side note... You need bar raiser as well.  😋

Aleks 

I will be very interested in this seat when it becomes available and when I get a T7. 

• Like 1

I'm really happy with the rallyseat, but installation turned out to be a bitch (for me)!

IMG_5507.thumb.JPG.09f45914bfd665924993a2e6c8d304ee.JPG

• Like 1

Had our standard seat modded with gel inserts by a local guy.  Great value for money.

we found the stock seat uncomfortable and the Yamaha rear rack rails cause issues for the pillion.

by adding height to the pillion seat we solved that problem.

if you have your suspension sag correct the for me the rally seat is to tall and I find it very narrow as well.

i have read that T7 rally are making a comfort seat so see what that’s like but at the moment modified original is the way to go.

F1F9BD72-E370-4C65-81E8-EBC04BDA0B0D.jpeg

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Chalk said:

Had our standard seat modded with gel inserts by a local guy.  Great value for money.

we found the stock seat uncomfortable and the Yamaha rear rack rails cause issues for the pillion.

if you have your suspension sag correct the for me the rally seat is to tall and I find it very narrow as well.

i have read that T7 rally are making a comfort seat so see what that’s like but at the moment modified original is the way to go.

That looks good... 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chalk said:

What brand rear side rack is that, it shifts the weight backwards, exactly were you don't want it......(probbly for the pillon?)

Im 5'11" im really thinking about getting the rally seat it makes the bike look so much better just need to sit on the bike first to decide if it will end up being to tall. Lowering the bike will not be an option for me so we'll see . Or i might have to wait for seat concepts to come out with a seat i just hope they make it a one piece  seat. 

Went last week to the local Yamaha dealer to test the rally seat. They left that on my bike for a good trial. I’ve spent about an hour on the bike riding for 50 km... well I didn’t find rally seat that comfortable type I’m searching for... infact when leaving from the dealer with my original seat it was like a joy for my butt 😂

still waiting for a better solution, but to be honest that rally seat is not worth the price.

original seat is really much comfortable, at least the driver one... passenger seat should be improved for sure, I’m not surprised that Yamaha has on their catalogue only a passenger comfort seat at the moment , cause is really worse than the driver one.

• Like 2

In case any of you were interested in a tall seat from Seat Concepts, it looks like no for now.  :(

Thank you for your email! At this time we don't currently have plans for a Tall Tenere 700 but we will pass this along as feedback and maybe in the future it will become available as an option. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 10:40 AM, Ride & Shine said:

Hi Everyone,
Been a member for a while now and have benefited greatly from the generous knowledge sharing going on...thanks. Now it's my turn to make a contribution. I hope you find the info useful.
I'm 180 cms/6 foot with a 34 inch/86.4 cms inseam. I could flat foot comfortably on the stock seat but found it too uncomfortable on any ride over 30 mins. Plus I didn't like the way it looked on the bike and the two piece design was annoying as I like to stash a few items in battery compartment. Enter the Rally seat, adds 35mm to the seat height which is very noticeable when you throw your leg over plus sitting on the bike you’ve got a lofty view! The Rally seat is more comfortable than stock for sure plus I’ve put a cool cover on it which adds a bit more cushioning.
With the Rally seat I found getting my foot down (yep I’m a one foot down guy) needed a full cheek off the seat which around the city (Sydney) can be a bit tricky at short notice. Plus since 90% of my riding is on the tarmac I decided to get the 30mm lowering kit and drop the front forks 25mm. End result = perfection!
Bike is comfortable, stable, I can see as far forward as I need, I can flat foot in an instant plus the bike looks aesthetically more balanced. The pics give a good overview of what you’re getting but the only way to know if it’s for you is to commit, hopefully my experience will help you make the call plus feel free to flick me any questions if you want to drill down on any aspect of the seat…happy to offer my personal perspective. Ride safe!

IMAG0962.jpg

IMAG0963.jpg

IMAG0964.jpg

IMAG0966.jpg

IMAG0967.jpg

IMAG0969.jpg

Thank you for sharing this. I just spoke to my local Yamaha dealer and been told that the rally seat adds 5 mm to the height. I would really need something higher than that and I am hoping they were mistaken.

I will have to try one out before I order as I already spent a fortune on my new toy.

49 minutes ago, Ernest said:

Thank you for sharing this. I just spoke to my local Yamaha dealer and been told that the rally seat adds 5 mm to the height. I would really need something higher than that and I am hoping they were mistaken.

I will have to try one out before I order as I already spent a fortune on my new toy.

It actually adds a full inch of height!

• Thanks 1

@Ride & Shine

Thanks for the information. I have the standard seat and used the T7Rally.com seat joining kit and also removed the strap while I was at it.

I was interest in the cover you put on the Rally seat and wondered if there was one that would work for the stock seat now that it is joined, do you have a link for the cover?

Hey UtahJack,
You're welcome and trust you and yours are all healthy and well. You can buy the CoolCovers seat through Rally Raid or direct from them link below. It's a very snug fit so pretty confident the  "rider standard" option will be perfect with your joining kit!

• Thanks 1