Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bike Knife - Trail wheel puller tool

NeilW

32 minutes ago, SXXP said:

So the 3/4 end (19 mm - perfect fit) of the adapter goes into the front axle, and then the  12 mm/14 mm open end on the 1/2" ( 12.7 mm)  end of the adapter?  Isn't that a sloppy fit... especially if the bolt hasn't been removed for some time and is really tight in there?  Do you  worry about "rounding" off either tool?

BTW, thanks for the links, I'm ordering the adapter.

Agree it's a possibility; .051" is the difference.  A 13mm would probably be a better fit, but that's another tool to carry. I check and retorque the front axle with this minimal toolset and have not had issues yet - I don't crank it on, snug is fine.

• Like 2

I dug out a picture for you. Yes - I have a 13mm on there, but a 14mm will work if it's not cranked on. I typically carry a 13/11 Lightool for my euro brethren; it completes the set and might come in handy with a minimal weight penalty. Some folks carry pliers - that would work too.

20231126_143833.jpg

Edited by Bruincounselor

1 hour ago, SXXP said:

I'm missing something here....my 2024 has an internal 19 mm hex front axle that is flush with the outer right fork lug.  I don't see a male 19 mm hex piece on the tool to go into the axle?!. 

@SXXP sorry I missed your question- didn't get a notification - the right end of the top photo is the 19mm male.

45 minutes ago, Bruincounselor said:

I dug out a picture for you. Yes - I have a 13mm on there, but a 14mm will work if it's not cranked on. I typically carry a 13/11 Lightool for my euro brethren; it completes the set and might come in handy with a minimal weight penalty. Some folks carry pliers - that would work too.

20231126_143833.jpg

Thank you sir 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NeilW said:

@SXXP sorry I missed your question- didn't get a notification - the right end of the top photo is the 19mm male.

Ah, the tool is facing down then!  Thanks for the clarification👍

1 minute ago, SXXP said:

Ah, the tool is facing down then!  Thanks for the clarification👍

IMG_9241.jpeg.18fe229448eddc51a76a90203ddd1300.jpeg

• Like 3