Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

O2 Sensor replacement World Raid/Rally

Happy 2 Wheels

Question

Hello everyone, I’m in need of replacing the 02 sensor on my 2023 World Raid, and as I’ve later discovered while trying to swap it, after I unscrewed it from the exhaust, the sensor connector is nowhere to be seen, the cable disappears into the top part of the engine block it would seem.

The only manual I’ve been able to find are the ones for the standard 700, witch unfortunately is nowhere remotely similar in that area of the bike.

Does anyone have the World Raid / World Rally service manual, or has anyone with any of the said models changed the o2 sensor and can educate me into what I need to take apart and what not, to be able to locate the sensor connector?

Thank you

5 answers to this question

The plug is under the right side petrol tank, you have to take side plastics off, also unbolt the tank, but you do not have to take the fuel lines off the tank, if you are VERY careful you can squeeze your hand between the tank and frame and unplug the connector just buy moving the tank few cm when its loose on its place - 20 min job with only few sockets needed - have fun! 😄 

Follow this video about tank removal and then just follow the cable from header side up

Edited by T7EST
  • Like 1

Follow the wire and remove everything that gets in your way - side panels, tanks, whatever. Best way to get to know your bike!

I rather not take anything apart that doesn’t need to be taken apart. Additionally I’m unsure of the location of the connector and makes me unsure of what is “in the way”.  As far as I know it could be anywhere in the bike.

Fair enough. Do you have the new sensor? Maybe it’s length will give you a hint as to where you should be looking.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, T7EST said:

The plug is under the right side petrol tank, you have to take side plastics off, also unbolt the tank, but you do not have to take the fuel lines off the tank, if you are VERY careful you can squeeze your hand between the tank and frame and unplug the connector just buy moving the tank few cm when its loose on its place - 20 min job with only few sockets needed - have fun! 😄 

Follow this video about tank removal and then just follow the cable from header side up

You sir, are a life saver! That’s exactly what I needed, thank you so much!

Edited by Happy 2 Wheels